Joola Zhou Qihao Super AL-c 90 review

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Hello guys,

1 Months since I have switched to Joola ZQH 90. Current setup is the best one and I do not have plans to change it. Nittaku G-1 1.8 forehand 2.0 backhand.
I am planning to buy a second one blade - just curious whether ST or FL like mine.

2 weeks in a row, I was on a tournaments and got the GOLD medal. Amazing performance.
Meanwhile, my game has improved a lot - especially close to the table. Now with this setup I feel confident and the game has changed a lot.

I dont feel the blade hard, it is softer than Viscaria SUper ALC ( I have used the same rubbers). When I glued Dignics 05 It feels even softer.

Cannot say anything about Chinese rubbers - it is different and you are required to push forward with a different stroke. Need to have better play with the legs.

So, if you are considiring byuing a new blade - just get it. They are reduced the price a lot, so now is ok.

Why did you choose thinner rubber for your FH?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018

Hi there!

Many thanks for the information and sharing your experience!

I also use this blade but with Joola Dynaryz ZGR (MAX) on FH and Joola Rhyzen ZGR (BH).
Close to the table this is really great and once you get back let‘s say 2 metres you will get in trouble on bh side due to lacking technique (and catapult of the very hard rubber which has 55 degrees).

since I bought a second one I would try G1 on both sides as well. My question why you chose a thinner rubber for your FH? Is your FH weaker than your BH? Normally, it is the other way round.

Many thanks in advance!

Don't even consider getting a thinner G-1 after using Dynaryz ZGR. You should go for max G-1. It will feel much faster and if you chose a thinner sponge you will hit down on the blade very quickly and if you need to do more of an arc loop you will suffer. Also from the back you will suffer.

I can relate your back court problem with ZGR, I really have to brace myself up too with Rakza Z EH to hit a quality shot from further back. It's a rather slow rubber with some catapult effect but only a whiff of it.

But maybe instead of the G-1 an Evolution MX-S would be more adequate. It depends on your style too but if you like to go back I'd probably take the MX-S on FH over a G-1.

Hi there.
In fact, I prefer Max but this is what I left. And since I prefer black rubber for FH this is what I put on it.

BH flip with 2.0 rubber G1 is easy job.

Hi there!

Many thanks for the information and sharing your experience!

I also use this blade but with Joola Dynaryz ZGR (MAX) on FH and Joola Rhyzen ZGR (BH).
Close to the table this is really great and once you get back let‘s say 2 metres you will get in trouble on bh side due to lacking technique (and catapult of the very hard rubber which has 55 degrees).

since I bought a second one I would try G1 on both sides as well. My question why you chose a thinner rubber for your FH? Is your FH weaker than your BH? Normally, it is the other way round.

Many thanks in advance!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Don't even consider getting a thinner G-1 after using Dynaryz ZGR. You should go for max G-1. It will feel much faster and if you chose a thinner sponge you will hit down on the blade very quickly and if you need to do more of an arc loop you will suffer. Also from the back you will suffer.

I can relate your back court problem with ZGR, I really have to brace myself up too with Rakza Z EH to hit a quality shot from further back. It's a rather slow rubber with some catapult effect but only a whiff of it.

But maybe instead of the G-1 an Evolution MX-S would be more adequate. It depends on your style too but if you like to go back I'd probably take the MX-S on FH over a G-1.
Well, I found a very simple solution. I switched sides and played with Rhyzen ZGR (MAX) on FH and Dynaryz ZGR (MAX) on BH. This combo is much more effective and is pure joy 🎊
I also tried a Vega X (2,0) on FH which was not bad but the high arc was kinda annoying to me. I like rocket balls that fly almost like a straight line. I prefer brushing and hit looping the ball with a lot of power over classical looping with high arc. Besides, sponge thickness was too thin and hard for me. Sounds paradox since ZGR is 57,5 and 55 degrees but in MAX sponge it feels almost like a medium to medium hard rubber with a lot of catapult. Rhyzen ZGR lacks dynamic on BH (you need to hit hard from middle and far range). Dynaryz ZGR supports much more is more suitable for BH in my case (Table Tennis Gan on YT prefers the other way round, but his technique is also superb unlike mine).
on this blade rubbers feel much softer than usual.
this is why I will stick to this combo and try improve my game.

kind regards

Some new update + pictures from yesterday.

I have changed Nittaku G1 rubbers with the following ones:
1. Forehand - Andro Rasanter R48 black Ultramax
2. Backhand - Stiga DNA PRO M red - 2.0

This is a personal review based on my experience with G1 so far.

Maaaan, what a catapult effect. R48 is a really fantastic rubber. In a short game - need to put in some effort but I think that's ok. The R48 repeats the trick so well. It feels softer, however not bouncier - so on passive shots, it will do nothing unwanted, while on active shots it adds some extra power.

Stiga DNA PRO M - quite nice rubber for the backhand. Also, high arc. Cannot complain. Block, contra, opening, everything is on the track.

Let us see now how is the durability.

2Rasanter%20R48%20jpg.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: obsidian d
says Feel the ball first.
Oct 2022
My Joola Zhou Qihao Hyper ARY-C (😅) 90 flared 83gr is on the way home.I was really tempted to get the straight handle since it seems thick and full, but I'm a FH dominant player so I decided not to get the ZQH in ST.I will try it with DNA Platinum M both side, max on fh and 2.1 on bh.

I've used Viscaria FL in the past for 2 years, so I'll be able to compare.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Did anyone try the 45 version? It has me interested with the limba outer.
I'm not sure why one would pick one over the other between:
  • Inner alc with 2x limba
  • Outer alc with limba outer

Oct 2022
I’ve tried the 45 version with gewo super select 48 max and AGR 2.0 on fh, short pimples on bh. It’s very controlled, medium high arc and reasonably fast. It seems to me a more controlled Viscaria. The 45 and 90 ZQH are both outer alc, there is no inner version.

inner alc is softer and more dwelly generally, but it depends on the design of the blade…for instance Otcharov inner alc is thicker and thus faster and more rigid

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
I’ve tried the 45 version with gewo super select 48 max and AGR 2.0 on fh, short pimples on bh. It’s very controlled, medium high arc and reasonably fast. It seems to me a more controlled Viscaria. The 45 and 90 ZQH are both outer alc, there is no inner version.

inner alc is softer and more dwelly generally, but it depends on the design of the blade…for instance Otcharov inner alc is thicker and thus faster and more rigid

Can you tell me the pro and cons of your ALXi and the ZQH 45? Why would i choose one over the other?

Oct 2022

Can you tell me the pro and cons of your ALXi and the ZQH 45? Why would i choose one over the other?

The ZQH is a bit faster, harder and crispier then ALXi. If you like precision on a blade, ZQH 45 is your choice, between the two. Also the arc on ZQH is a bit higher than ALXi. ALXi has a slight better touch and feeling, while retaining a decent speed for an attacker.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Read 1 reviews
I’m consider to buy either 90 or 45. My blades which I have used in a past few years are Lin Gaoyuan Alc , An Jaehyun Alxi pro , Lin Yun Juu Super Zlc , and the lastest one is Ovtcharov Alc.
Due to my shoulder pain so I can’t play the way I used to be and I can’t quit this beloved sport either so sometimes I switch back and forth between fast blade and controlled blade.
With my latest setup of Ovtcharov Alc with Rasanter c48 and Quantum’s X pro , it seems to be good to me which I can play passive and active short quite ok except a head heavy feel which I think it is from blade characteristic and C48.
As I’ve read your guys’ comment , I’m going to get 90 very soon with the same rubber on Ovtcharov.
If I buy , I will share my comment with you guys.

Reactions: Attitude
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I’m consider to buy either 90 or 45. My blades which I have used in a past few years are Lin Gaoyuan Alc , An Jaehyun Alxi pro , Lin Yun Juu Super Zlc , and the lastest one is Ovtcharov Alc.
Due to my shoulder pain so I can’t play the way I used to be and I can’t quit this beloved sport either so sometimes I switch back and forth between fast blade and controlled blade.
With my latest setup of Ovtcharov Alc with Rasanter c48 and Quantum’s X pro , it seems to be good to me which I can play passive and active short quite ok except a head heavy feel which I think it is from blade characteristic and C48.
As I’ve read your guys’ comment , I’m going to get 90 very soon with the same rubber on Ovtcharov.
If I buy , I will share my comment with you guys.

I think the 90 is the way to go. I tried the 45 and it didn't give me any good impression to be honest. It's okay but like just okay really pales to how good the 90 is.

Recently I've switched to MX-S on BH and to Donic Bluegrip C2 on FH.
MX-S is is more spinny than V>15 without a doubt, and I guess safer to use, or it can be utilized more. MX-S is more like a Tenergy 05 while V>15 Extra I would compare to Tenergy 64. MX-S has more spin, better arc, if you're out of position you can do more to put the ball on the table with decent quality. I kinda feel like MX-S is harder a little than V15>Extra. One particular aspect that MX-S destroys the V>15 is that over the table stabs or not sure what to call them are excellent. It keeps the ball very low and gives a disgusting amount of underspin with a quick little stab. V15 cannot do anything like it.
V>15 is more like a "magical" rubber, if you can hit hard and make the ball bite well... damn this rubber is super impressive. You can hit so hard that even against choppers killer backhand shots are totally in the game. With MX-S not so much I guess, it's still pretty good tho, but it doesn't have this kind of magic.
Probably the over the table stabs bring more points in the end than magic.

Donic Bluegrip C2 is a strange rubber. I have tried it on a few blades like Joola Trinity, Xiom Ice Cream, but it was so dull, powerless, and gutless on these that I benched it pretty quickly. It didn't do any favors for the C2 that after an hour of play I could see marks on the sheet, while other rubbers take a lot more time to develop visible marks of use.
Just for lolz I tried it on my ZQ Super ALC and damn the C2 performed great from the start. On strong impacts the ball felt heavy like hitting billiard balls. I could feel the blade deforming and flexing really well. The topsheet is quite spinny actually but on the same time it's not that spin sensitive. Very good for countering from any distance. The C2 is a very good mimic of a boosted H3 blue sponge. Bit easier to use, countering is much much better, doesn't have the Chinese tacky disturbing effect tho. It's very nice for touch play, countering (well I guess C means counterspin here as well), and it's very nice for fast attack too.

If someone knows me a bit more they know I'm not a huge ESN rubber fan... But MX-S is really good on backhand, and if someone likes Tenergy 05 on forehand then it would suit them well too. Honestly speaking it's more like something in between T05 and D80 by feeling.

I had nothing against ESN hybrid rubbers, I love Tibhar K2, Rakza Z EH is pretty good too as I mentioned before, C2 is better than these for sure and I'm not sure Donic Bluegrip C2 is the best offering from ESN in that segment. I am kinda curious for Tibhar K3 and Andro C53 and C48 or possibly Victas V>20.

Just to have more relevant info for the ZQ Super ALC, in my view it pairs great with hybrid rubbers and possibly rubbers that are Tenergy and Dignics like. And as MX-S feels like something in between Tenergy and Dignics it is great.

This blade is not like Viscaria, I have tried at least 20 Viscarias, 20 Timo Boll ALC and many Zhang Jike ALC, Blue Dragons and Timo Boll Spirits.
ZQ Super ALC has more control (lower bounce) on low impacts, and it scales very well with power unlike a "good" Viscaria. And the best feature of this blade is that on high power it deforms extremely, flexes as well and has a unprecedentedly long ball contact and heavy ball feeling which enables you to adjust your racket angle during your contact.

I don't even want to mention that due to this long contact time it gives you a lot of confidence and gives you a pre-image of how your shot will end up with the power and racket angle you decided on at the shot. Like this feature makes me sound like I am in cuckoo land but I can precisely feel during each mistake what I did wrong. I realise that is like a coach kicking me in the ass after every mistake I made. If that is not the best value you can get out of an equipment then I don't know what is.

Last edited:
Oct 2022
I’ve received my 83 gr ZQH 90. Firstly I’ve tried it with Tibhar K3 max on FH and Dynaryz ACC max on BH: great power and spin, on K3 mostly, but I couldn’t control it well so I changed to DNA Platinum M max on FH and O7 Euro 2.0 on BH: still great speed and spin on FH but more control overall. On BH obviously it felt slow so I changed the BH to the final configuration: DNA Platinum M 2.1. This is the final configuration, I will try it extensively and report back here.

In the meantime, from these first tests, I can confirm it is a great blade!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Read 1 reviews
Well,I finally got mine with 84g.
I still haven’t had time to get rubber so this will take me sometime to update with this blade. But the feeling from this blade is superb.
Fan Zendong Alc (91g) with C48&R53.
I may use the same set up so it will be easy to compare.
37EF278C%20D476%20468E%20BBD4%20C5791A89D1A6%20jpeg.jpeg

746060DC%2090D5%204991%20BECB%2070EB5B47DD47%20jpeg.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Fedex78
Oct 2022

Finally I've assembled and tried mine.
This blade has great balance (not head heavy at all) and great feel.
On the backhand is fantastic, I can open in topspin with great confidence and power.
On forehand I've noticed less arc than my current setup, a bit muted feeling but overall ok, capable of really powerful and spinny shots, also far from the table. And good control, way better than with Hybrid K3 on FH.
I've been using the Vyzaryz Freeze for one season, ZQH 90 is clearly a big big step up. Joola is doing fine, I don't feel the need to buy butterfly blades anymore. Maybe their rubbers 🤣
Here is some pictures of the blade.

ZQH%2090%20Laterale%20jpg.jpeg

ZQH%2090%20FH%20Stiga%20DNA%20Platinum%202%203%20jpg.jpeg

ZQH%2090%20BH%20Stiga%20DNA%20Platinum%202%201%20jpg.jpeg

Reactions: Sirimindz
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Several people mentioned the blade not being head-heavy.
I had to get rid of a blade because the balance of the blade was too low for me.

Could someone measure the balance point, similar to how Hipnotic/SDC does it?
I've done it by placing the blade on the edge of a table, and then gradually pulling the handle closer to me, so less of the racket is on the table, until it can no longer balance on the edge any more - and then measure from the start of the handle to this point.

My current racket has this point at 3.5cm (without rubbers) and i really like the feeling of this balance.

I think Joola didn't make new blade but just change color. Zhou Qihao 45 and 90 are Freeze and Freeze Hrd.

Have you tried Hrd version?

Based on the picture, both are same speed, Hrd more control, less Accuracy

I think the 90 is the way to go. I tried the 45 and it didn't give me any good impression to be honest. It's okay but like just okay really pales to how good the 90 is.

Recently I've switched to MX-S on BH and to Donic Bluegrip C2 on FH.
MX-S is is more spinny than V>15 without a doubt, and I guess safer to use, or it can be utilized more. MX-S is more like a Tenergy 05 while V>15 Extra I would compare to Tenergy 64. MX-S has more spin, better arc, if you're out of position you can do more to put the ball on the table with decent quality. I kinda feel like MX-S is harder a little than V15>Extra. One particular aspect that MX-S destroys the V>15 is that over the table stabs or not sure what to call them are excellent. It keeps the ball very low and gives a disgusting amount of underspin with a quick little stab. V15 cannot do anything like it.
V>15 is more like a "magical" rubber, if you can hit hard and make the ball bite well... damn this rubber is super impressive. You can hit so hard that even against choppers killer backhand shots are totally in the game. With MX-S not so much I guess, it's still pretty good tho, but it doesn't have this kind of magic.
Probably the over the table stabs bring more points in the end than magic.

Donic Bluegrip C2 is a strange rubber. I have tried it on a few blades like Joola Trinity, Xiom Ice Cream, but it was so dull, powerless, and gutless on these that I benched it pretty quickly. It didn't do any favors for the C2 that after an hour of play I could see marks on the sheet, while other rubbers take a lot more time to develop visible marks of use.
Just for lolz I tried it on my ZQ Super ALC and damn the C2 performed great from the start. On strong impacts the ball felt heavy like hitting billiard balls. I could feel the blade deforming and flexing really well. The topsheet is quite spinny actually but on the same time it's not that spin sensitive. Very good for countering from any distance. The C2 is a very good mimic of a boosted H3 blue sponge. Bit easier to use, countering is much much better, doesn't have the Chinese tacky disturbing effect tho. It's very nice for touch play, countering (well I guess C means counterspin here as well), and it's very nice for fast attack too.

If someone knows me a bit more they know I'm not a huge ESN rubber fan... But MX-S is really good on backhand, and if someone likes Tenergy 05 on forehand then it would suit them well too. Honestly speaking it's more like something in between T05 and D80 by feeling.

I had nothing against ESN hybrid rubbers, I love Tibhar K2, Rakza Z EH is pretty good too as I mentioned before, C2 is better than these for sure and I'm not sure Donic Bluegrip C2 is the best offering from ESN in that segment. I am kinda curious for Tibhar K3 and Andro C53 and C48 or possibly Victas V>20.

Just to have more relevant info for the ZQ Super ALC, in my view it pairs great with hybrid rubbers and possibly rubbers that are Tenergy and Dignics like. And as MX-S feels like something in between Tenergy and Dignics it is great.

This blade is not like Viscaria, I have tried at least 20 Viscarias, 20 Timo Boll ALC and many Zhang Jike ALC, Blue Dragons and Timo Boll Spirits.
ZQ Super ALC has more control (lower bounce) on low impacts, and it scales very well with power unlike a "good" Viscaria. And the best feature of this blade is that on high power it deforms extremely, flexes as well and has a unprecedentedly long ball contact and heavy ball feeling which enables you to adjust your racket angle during your contact.

I don't even want to mention that due to this long contact time it gives you a lot of confidence and gives you a pre-image of how your shot will end up with the power and racket angle you decided on at the shot. Like this feature makes me sound like I am in cuckoo land but I can precisely feel during each mistake what I did wrong. I realise that is like a coach kicking me in the ass after every mistake I made. If that is not the best value you can get out of an equipment then I don't know what is.