Joola Zhou Qihao Super AL-c 90 review

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016

Yes, they are. My FL feels quite fat. Fatter than normal Viscaria FL and much fatter than Super Viscaria. I hate the Super Viscaria FL handle, it's totally ruins the blade. I hope the FZD S-ALC is better.
I only tried one Super Viscria and the handle totally ruined my experience. Even if it is a good blade I just couldn't care about it less.

Strange, Viscario just said it's the same size as the Super Viscaria?

Sent from my T780H using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
Ok this has nothing to do with the review of the blade, but I was just browsing TT11 and dandoy-sports, and I notice that TT11 listed blades Joola ZQH Hyper ARY-c 90 and 45. The color theme and design looks exactly like the Super AL-c versions on dandoy and in some video reviews, but the pictures of the blade actually say Hyper ARY-c on there . https://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/joola-zqh-hyper-ary-c-90

So I got a bit confused and went on Joola’s website https://www.joola.shop/en/blades/technologies/ary-c/. And it looks like the Freeze series blades is also using this ary-c, so maybe it’s just a different name for super alc for different regions? If anyone can confirm this that’d be great.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
That is hilarious and I guess to be expected. I suppose BTY-Joola lawyers had a friendly chat and the naming will eventually change to Hyper ARY-c due to it. If you check Joola's product video on the link you posted even the Freeze has AL-c printed on the bladeface.

Just take a look at the Zwill pictures. For my big hand, the handle is a tinner. Somehow I am worried about not dropping off the blade after a backhand topspin shot, and because of that, I need to squeeze the fingers even harder.

Aren't Joola handles larger than other brands?

I believe this is because of the head-heavy structure of Viscaria Super ALC while Joola 90 doesn't have it. This makes you think that the 85g Viscaria is heavier than the 85g Joola.

I have had many blades with that issue and already sold them. Hope I will like Joola together with the grip. Otherwise I will have to sell it :(

Yes, they are. My FL feels quite fat. Fatter than normal Viscaria FL and much fatter than Super Viscaria. I hate the Super Viscaria FL handle, it's totally ruins the blade. I hope the FZD S-ALC is better.
I only tried one Super Viscria and the handle totally ruined my experience. Even if it is a good blade I just couldn't care about it less.

Viscaria Super ALC
FL: 100×25×34 mm
Mine Joola:

100 x 23 x 34

maybe these 23 vs 25 are the difference and i can feel it.

Could be something else - you never know.

But I like it. Currently, it is discounted in some German e-shops for 170 euros.
Strange, Viscario just said it's the same size as the Super Viscaria?

Sent from my T780H using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
That is hilarious and I guess to be expected. I suppose BTY-Joola lawyers had a friendly chat and the naming will eventually change to Hyper ARY-c due to it. If you check Joola's product video on the link you posted even the Freeze has AL-c printed on the bladeface.

lol that's probably it

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
Viscaria Super ALC
FL: 100×25×34 mm
Mine Joola:

100 x 23 x 34

maybe these 23 vs 25 are the difference and i can feel it.

Could be something else - you never know.

But I like it. Currently, it is discounted in some German e-shops for 170 euros.

Yeah, that's what I felt with Trinity and Freeze HRD, the handle is flat and wide, which I'm not a fan of, I like my handle to be taller. I haven't measured it so it could be same width just flatter, either way this is a reason I'm not too keen on getting another Joola blade.

Last edited:
Well...

I removed Nittaku rubbers and boosted them a bit. Glued them again.

Because the rubbers were short 1st time I had to stretch them a bit to cover the head, which was the biggest mistake.

Now, when the rubbers are just enough big, there you go...

Guys, I have never ever played like this before. My performance was so... Good that have decided to sell all of my other blades and rubbers.

Really.

The block is so soft that I can do whatever I want.

Topspin is soft and once it touches the table, the ball drop off the table. Short arc. Maybe because of the Nittaku rubbers.

Countra topspin. Common. I never ever had a chance to Countra topspin of a player with such a a strong topspin.

And I was so tired before I start the 2nd time that I didnd believe I will play such a performing.

So far I cannot find any cons of this combination.

Of course compared to Viscaria, with the same same rubbers, viscaria feels harder, not easy for blocking.

Speed, I don't know maybe the same.

But dwell time and that soft feeling is what joola win, which is the best part of every game.

We all are looking for controllable blade, because with every blade you can loop and make topspin for sure.
Guys, I tried the blade with other rubbers Nittaku FastArc G-1 both. It is quite fast, with zero vibration and I don't know what to do. Will make a second test before I decide on which direction.

The overall combination seems to be faster than my Zhang Jike ZLC with the same rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Can anyone compare this blade with the DHS Hurricane Long 5?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Can you suggest ESN rubber for Joola ZQH 90 BH, I never play with Chinese rubber in BH.

Victas V15 Extra, it's very good with it. I assume an MX-P, MX-S, and similar rubbers would work well. If you don't mind the slightly sticky ESN rubbers I would go for like a K3, or V20, since they are not heavier than a V15 Extra. The blade is fast so the slower K3 or V20 would be compensated. I think D09c would also be a great BH rubber and K3 and V20 are much easier to handle and softer than D09c.

Can anyone compare this blade with the DHS Hurricane Long 5?

It's very different, much harder, stiffer and faster. It has very little vibration and is very crisp. Even if you use low power the blade is fast, unlike the Long 5 which you need to actively use or the ball won't even reach the net. Long 5 kinda sucks on backhand because of this, the ZQH 90 is excellent on BH.
Long 5 is more head heavy too, and has a larger headsize. Long 5 has a flex catapult effect at high power, the blade flexes and kicks the ball, the ZQH 90 is different, at high power it holds the ball quite long and then has more of an elastic catapult. I like this more since it's more predictable but I feel it's easier to hit trough the core of a Long 5 or similar blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I've been switching rubbers on the blade, I've been playing with Rakza Z EH on FH, and a Victas V>15 extra on BH. It's actually quite a good pairing with the blade. The Rakza Z EH has been on my mind ever since it was released but I was always scared of its weight, 53-55g cut is really heavy.
Anyways I glued one on since I find the H8-80 bit soft for this blade. Maybe I mentioned it before during my initial finding. I mainly chose Rakza Z EH since good players in Japan rate it highly and some people on forums really liked it with the seamless balls.

Rakza Z EH:
I usually am really fast to adapt to any rubber, especially on my forehand but the Rakza Z is not so trivial on this blade. Like many say it is not as hard as it is rated. I agree it feels rather supple and soft. But it's not very crisp with my current strokes. I can feel its hardness as it is not so trivial to hit down on the blade. I feel the sponge is very "deep", and the ball can sink a lot, definitely more than with most rubbers. Because of this, I feel like I am rubbing the ball too much and it's not so easy to create high speed and power. I kinda hate this feeling, since I'm putting in ~100% effort and getting 60% output. It should be the other way actually. On my level, it is very important that I maximize my output power as much as possible even from a "weaker" stroke.
But this characteristic has highlighted to me that I need to change my stroke, to add more forward hit motion instead of just rubbing the ball. I did hit some balls like that today and those were absolute demolishing rockets. So I am smiling that the rubber has more potential than I anticipated on the first try. My first impression was that it was slow.
I also need to correct my slow loop with it, I don't feel comfortable yet since the ball either has not enough spin or raises too high. Rakza Z lifts underspin balls very easily, too easily. However, the rubber is very good for loopkills so I can get by with those for now.
Rakza Z EH is really nice in touch play and flicks. I find it easy to keep the ball low to the net or poke it long and sharp.
Countering is great with it as well, I find it easier than D09c, I think the Bluegrip C2 was the best for countering that I have tried, but this is like 90% as easy as with C2 and I think it outputs better quality than C2. D09c and H8-80 for me was quite hard work, I felt I need to have a more open racket angle with them because if I closed too much these rubbers just held the ball for very very long and stretched the rubber too much then they catapulted the ball long. Rakza Z EH is more user-friendly for me.
I also feel like if I hit hard and manage to hit down on the racket both the rubber and the racket eat the ball very well. I need to adjust myself to get this impact more often.
Last but not least it works with the Joola Flash (seamless) ball extremely well. Bluegrip C2, Joola Golden Tango PS, and Dragon Grip neither really take the Flash ball well, they slip a lot. The Rakza Z topsheet never had this issue so far and I wage that it won't in the future either.

Victas V>15 extra:
Oh man, on backhand this rubber is just awesome with this blade. On its package, this rubber has "THE CONCEPT is POWER and SPIN". Yup, they nailed this statement very well. This rubber has insane power and spin. Let me start that it also works extremely well with the seamless ball just as Rakza Z, which is not the case with every rubber. I find grippy BTY rubbers (Dignics, Tenergy, Rozena) suffer with it, but some ESN too especially the newer ones that have some top coating on them. V>15 extra has no issues, that topsheet is probably one of the best I've seen from ESN.
It hugs/bites the ball like nothing else I felt (maybe Mizuno Q5 is close) and once you bite it the rubber is very stretchy and the sponge is also very clicky. It is advertised as a sheet that has 47.5 degree sponge which is aimed at Tenergy sponge hardness, but I think the V>15 extra is softer. Maybe it is at Rozena or T19 hardness, which are both a bit softer than T05. I think this hardness is better with the seamless ball.
Many rubbers haven't got enough power nor spin potential (or catapult) to be a threat from further back from their own power. What do I mean? Well, imagine you're 1.5-2 meters back and you get a dead-floating ball from maybe short pips and you just can't do a meaningful and threatening drive back. Tenergy 05 is pretty good at it, but I know people who like T25fx, Fastarc P-1, Tibhar Aurus etc and if they step back 1.5 meters and if I don't block to them with a bit of speed they cannot hit above the net, since the rubber has no power on its own. V>15 extra has the power while actually being rather insensitive to incoming spin and having very good control over the table. Blocking is a breeze, but that's not even the best part since you can catch balls, and once you do that you can direct anywhere on the table with great speed and spin. Diagonal, parallel, every angle is possible. After 2-3 fast diagonal balls if you can change to a parallel shot with good spin and speed you probably can count a point to yourself. This catching ability is very handy against short pips and long pips players. Not many rubbers can catch empty floating balls so well. The other day I got complaints from pips users that I return balls very softly for them and other times I was ripping very heavy ones. I kinda felt sorry for the guys they were so confused and speechless.
It's super good for banana flicks too since the topsheet hugs the ball well and I don't even need to care about lifting the ball, just to make a fast wrist and elbow snap and the rubber takes care of everything else.
It's very durable too, I have had mine since April, and I've been using it for quite a bit but on some blades I didn't fancy it so much. It didn't change in performance since I got it, and it doesn't shrink like many ESN rubbers. I know a guy who is using the same sheets for 5 years now and the sponge feels just like mine. It truly is a wonderful rubber and I can understand why so many pros use it.

Reactions: latej
Just buy it.

Hello guys,

1 Months since I have switched to Joola ZQH 90. Current setup is the best one and I do not have plans to change it. Nittaku G-1 1.8 forehand 2.0 backhand.
I am planning to buy a second one blade - just curious whether ST or FL like mine.

2 weeks in a row, I was on a tournaments and got the GOLD medal. Amazing performance.
Meanwhile, my game has improved a lot - especially close to the table. Now with this setup I feel confident and the game has changed a lot.

I dont feel the blade hard, it is softer than Viscaria SUper ALC ( I have used the same rubbers). When I glued Dignics 05 It feels even softer.

Cannot say anything about Chinese rubbers - it is different and you are required to push forward with a different stroke. Need to have better play with the legs.

So, if you are considiring byuing a new blade - just get it. They are reduced the price a lot, so now is ok.
Can you suggest ESN rubber for Joola ZQH 90 BH, I never play with Chinese rubber in BH.

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022

Hi there!

Many thanks for the information and sharing your experience!

I also use this blade but with Joola Dynaryz ZGR (MAX) on FH and Joola Rhyzen ZGR (BH).
Close to the table this is really great and once you get back let‘s say 2 metres you will get in trouble on bh side due to lacking technique (and catapult of the very hard rubber which has 55 degrees).

since I bought a second one I would try G1 on both sides as well. My question why you chose a thinner rubber for your FH? Is your FH weaker than your BH? Normally, it is the other way round.

Many thanks in advance!