Chengdu IN LOCKDOWN - will WTTC be delayed?

This user has no status.
Different people have their own different lives. Most Chinese people are enjoying their lives in China as well as Australian do in Australia.

Australia is one of the best places in world, but I am very sorry about the street violence especially youth violence in Australia. People don't go out at night because of safety issue. People from other countries may not like the life here.

Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
People in the lockdown area don't want to be locked down, but people in other areas want this area to be locked down. This happened in Australia last year and I believe this had happened in other countries as well. Before most of them agree to open, China is less likely to abandon the current policy.

I wish most Chinese people can understand it is impossible to keep this situation for eternity. They need to change their mind and understand the virus will finally spread out and people will still be fine.

Reactions: PingBirdPong
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
People in the lockdown area don't want to be locked down, but people in other areas want this area to be locked down. This happened in Australia last year and I believe this had happened in other countries as well. Before most of them agree to open, China is less likely to abandon the current policy.

I wish most Chinese people can understand it is impossible to keep this situation for eternity. They need to change their mind and understand the virus will finally spread out and people will still be fine.

yes sure, let it all happen, it kills mostly old people and this means less pension money to pay out by governments.😁

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

You need to go deeper into what Chinese people want.
Gov propaganda tells them, these lockdowns are working, hence the low figures (and trust me, lots of people actually believe in that)
You make it sound like the people are loving or wanting the lockdown.
The people have no say... thats how much they love living there.

The problem is the few in power must understand that sooner or later they must face up to the lies and make what is wrong, right.
Sadly, for Chinese, when the boss running the slow says jump. The people must say, how high.

Just like in Shanghai, when officials went to visit. To prevent an embarrassment - police officers went into every single apartment to make sure the people stand on the balcony and clap when the officials went through.
Its all a show with a gun at your head.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Just like in Shanghai, when officials went to visit. To prevent an embarrassment - police officers went into every single apartment to make sure the people stand on the balcony and clap when the officials went through.

Here we go again 😂
Talking about having a gun pointing at your head 🤣🤣🤣

IMG%2020220908%20073221%20jpg.jpeg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
You need to go deeper into what Chinese people want.
Gov propaganda tells them, these lockdowns are working, hence the low figures (and trust me, lots of people actually believe in that)
You make it sound like the people are loving or wanting the lockdown.
The people have no say... thats how much they love living there.

The problem is the few in power must understand that sooner or later they must face up to the lies and make what is wrong, right.
Sadly, for Chinese, when the boss running the slow says jump. The people must say, how high.

I would really like to know your source of that statement lol I know quite a few people living in Shanghai right this moment, and they’ve lived there for decades, nothing like what you said ever happened to them, or their friends and families.

True, their government have issues, but all governments have issues too. And you should not base your view of China just on western media because most of their articles are written by people who have never even set foot in China. If you want an unbiased viewpoint then you’ll just have to do your own research, and base your thoughts on facts, not stories. For example, GDP growth rate over the past 20 years.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
The quality of a government should be based on how well they meet the objectives of their citizens. In that sense, most citizens in China are happy with how their lives have improved during the past 40 years. Certainly the government in China has failed their citizens' objectives in some areas.

Also, I notice almost everybody in western countries miscredits the quality of their life to "freedom and democracy" rather than economic prosperity. Yes, people like their lives in US, UK, Canada, etc. But I would say 95% of the quality of their life is due to economic success, quality of education, quality of healthcare. Less than 5% is due to the right to vote or other governmental systems. How would you enjoy living in America with its government unchanged, but the GDP at only $3000 per capital?

There are many democracies with GDP per capital below $3000. For fear of insulting board members, maybe I won't list them here. With all the freedom of speech, right to vote, I don't think many Americans want to move to those countries with a local average income.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I would really like to know your source of that statement

If you know Chinese, you can search for a lot of leaked videos
but sadly, a lot of them also gets taken down

Next time I see them, i will record it for you
PS. its not western media. CCP can't take down western media stuff

base your thoughts on facts, not stories.

Official stats according to the PRC:

Since the day counting started, China only has 246,328 cases and 5226 deaths
This equates to
China, 171 cases per every million people, and 4 deaths per million people.

Comparison to say:
Japan, 155k/m cases, 329/m death.
Germany, 382k/m cases, 1753/m death

What does your friends in Shanghai say about this?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
The quality of a government should be based on how well they meet the objectives of their citizens. In that sense, most citizens in China are happy with how their lives have improved during the past 40 years. Certainly the government in China has failed their citizens' objectives in some areas.

Also, I notice almost everybody in western countries miscredits the quality of their life to "freedom and democracy" rather than economic prosperity. Yes, people like their lives in US, UK, Canada, etc. But I would say 95% of the quality of their life is due to economic success, quality of education, quality of healthcare. Less than 5% is due to the right to vote or other governmental systems. How would you enjoy living in America with its government unchanged, but the GDP at only $3000 per capital?

There are many democracies with GDP per capital below $3000. For fear of insulting board members, maybe I won't list them here. With all the freedom of speech, right to vote, I don't think many Americans want to move to those countries with a local average income.

You should ask young people on how they going to live in China.
University graduates can't rent or buy properties, it doesn't help with near 10 million graduates every year (and that is with 1 child policy)
A lot of propaganda by the CCP and its economic success is only for the big guys (like all countries), while its laborers will forever be peasants (like all countries)
So how successful is that?
Also, so many rich people, just get wiped out.
As I mentioned before, one of my friends mom got wiped out 3 times, so they fled Shanghai 20+ years ago.
Remember, what is yours, is not yours. It belongs to the party. and if the party calls for it, it is your obligation to give back to the party.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
CCP for the win!!!!!

well, we need to live with them maybe for another 50-100 years

they should lift the lockdown, so we can actual have some TT news regarding Chengdu for a change.

How they advertise, first time Chengdu is hosting World Team Champs.
Meanwhile it is one of the cities that hosts the most ITTF events on the planet.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

If you know Chinese, you can search for a lot of leaked videos
but sadly, a lot of them also gets taken down

Next time I see them, i will record it for you
PS. its not western media. CCP can't take down western media stuff

Official stats according to the PRC:

Since the day counting started, China only has 246,328 cases and 5226 deaths
This equates to
China, 171 cases per every million people, and 4 deaths per million people.

Comparison to say:
Japan, 155k/m cases, 329/m death.
Germany, 382k/m cases, 1753/m death

What does your friends in Shanghai say about this?

Yeah, right. A leaked video online shows more truth than published papers, got it. And about the deaths by COVID , than why don’t you also look at how the face mask enforcement and other protective measurements were enforced? You need to remember that while other countries were still debating whether face masks actually decrease the transmission rate of airborne viruses, China has already started enforcing face masks. They also have the previous experience of SARS, so it’s not unbelievable that they did better. Or do you only believe the things that is detrimental to China? I believe in facts, that means published papers, researches and other documents that are not easily forged. Not some online video taken by someone no one knows.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

University graduates can't rent or buy properties, it doesn't help with near 10 million graduates every year (and that is with 1 child policy)
A lot of propaganda by the CCP and its economic success is only for the big guys (like all countries), while its laborers will forever be peasants (like all countries)
As I mentioned before, one of my friends mom got wiped out 3 times, so they fled Shanghai 20+ years ago.
Remember, what is yours, is not yours. It belongs to the party. and if the party calls for it, it is your obligation to give back to the party.

Yep, one, out of how many people that lives in Shanghai? People always have their own reasons to what they do, but is it really what they tell you? That’s just their side of the story, so for me that’s what it is, a story. Lots of people leave their own country all over the world, they all have their own reasons, and they’re always the heroes of their own stories. But are they actually? And what you said there is wrong, there’s no obligation unless you joined the party, and that’s just a very small percentage of the 1.4 billion people living there. And it’s the same for all parties in all countries, that’s the definition of being in a party, you have obligations to support the party’s goals, otherwise why do you even join?

I don’t like CCP, many of their policies make no sense, but I also don’t like some policies of democrats and republicans. But the main thing is I don’t base my decision just on something someone said online, or a story a friend mentioned that one time. What about all the other things other people say online, and the other stories the other friend told? I think you’re already biased, so when others says something good about China you think they’re brainwashed by propaganda, and when people say bad things about China you clap your hands and add that to your reasoning. But you forget that nothing in real life is pure good or bad, if you only see bad things about something than you probably are the one that’s wrong.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I usually hate political debates like this, and I’m not the biggest fan of what China is like right now. But since I’m Chinese, and I still live here, I going to defend my country. Hope you all understand.
I say this from a student’s perspective. The current policies are annoying at times, like the 72 hour Covid test requirements for any public utility( bathrooms and buses included), it is keeping us in school. Other than that, it’s a pretty normal life. Media likes to pick out the extreme cases, with or without proof, to show. This creates a fake image of China being a hellhole, when in actuality, 99% of people are okay with their life, and are not being shot or dragged away. I have had quite a few actual experiences with the law enforcement and judicial systems, and I can confidently say that it’s dark. It’s so much better than 20 years ago, but it’s dark. Even in Beijing, the police have tried to use tricks on me that would get him fired in the US. There also exists quite a few cases of very bad stuff. But for the normal person, the police are usually good and serves their purpose. We are just not dumb enough to get ourselves in trouble. I would say I and most people I know have happy lives.
So to Tony and the others: I would not believe everything I see on the web, nor would I form an image of a country from a few media statements. I’d suggest anyone who wants to find out what it’s really like to stay here for a while, and judge for themselves.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

Exactly. You are proving my point. The citizens of china will be satisfied or dissatisfied with the ccp based on the quality of their life. Its not all the political reasons that you are saying. One day if their lives become too painful to bear, the citizens will revolt against the CCP. But if their lives are good, they will be satisfied. Free speech is not really the major factor.

Same goes with usa, uk, canada. Using your own accurate logic - if the next generation of americans only earn $3000 a year, cannot buy houses or nice cars or have expensive hobbies, how much will they love their government? If they keep their elections, free speech, free media, will that be enough to love their government?

If you had a choice to live in free Democratic country and earn $3000 a year, or live in Autocratic country (say Hong Kong for example) and earn $50,000 a year, I'm quite certain that 99% of people would choose $50,000. Free speech doesn't speak as powerfully as economics.

Last edited: