Chengdu IN LOCKDOWN - will WTTC be delayed?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
So to Tony and the others: I would not believe everything I see on the web, nor would I form an image of a country from a few media statements. I’d suggest anyone who wants to find out what it’s really like to stay here for a while, and judge for themselves.

All good here.
I have lots of Chinese friends, many of them no longer in China, so they can speak what they want and don't need to fear you know who.
I do know things are a lot better today than say 10 years ago, or 20 years ago.
heck, 30 years ago, Chinese people need to be politically connected to get a passport to be able to travel out of China (you weren't born yet)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Yep, one, out of how many people that lives in Shanghai?

Sadly, the CCP confiscate a lot of people's assets back then.
You can only hear of these only by victims. It will never be in the news.
Friend's mom and a lot of they circles was all zeroed.

Look, you can choose to think I'm just reading some website and not actually friends with victims, I'm cool with that.

There is lots of good in China. I'm friends with so many provincial coaches that live in China, I have deep connections in TT circles there.
Even today, I would wish them happy mid-autumn festival
So i'm not anti-Chinese, but this stupid lockdown is not enjoyed by the people. Says my friends in Chengdu who can't celebrate this few days special holiday with family. Yeah, I guess my data size isn't enough for you, but it is enough for me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
Sadly, the CCP confiscate a lot of people's assets back then.
You can only hear of these only by victims. It will never be in the news.
Friend's mom and a lot of they circles was all zeroed.

Look, you can choose to think I'm just reading some website and not actually friends with victims, I'm cool with that.

There is lots of good in China. I'm friends with so many provincial coaches that live in China, I have deep connections in TT circles there.
Even today, I would wish them happy mid-autumn festival
So i'm not anti-Chinese, but this stupid lockdown is not enjoyed by the people. Says my friends in Chengdu who can't celebrate this few days special holiday with family. Yeah, I guess my data size isn't enough for you, but it is enough for me.

Victims? Or losers? Or both? There's always a reason for people who's left their country, and to themselves they're always in the right. I'm not saying bad things didn't happen to them, I'm saying do you know why exactly those things happened to them? Do you seriously think that they've done nothing wrong? There might be a few cases that is pure political, but the majority would still be because they didn't obey the law in some way. And if they have a problem with the law, then too bad. Find a way and go somewhere else that suits them, if they can't then they can either stop bickering and move on, or don't obey the law and get into trouble. This is true for most countries that have a working law system. And I'm not saying you're not friends with people who left China, but please don't call them victims, because they are not, they're just immigrants that's all. And like I said above, that's just their side of the story, I choose to listen to both sides and do my own research and find the facts and truth behind the stories, while you can just believe the stories.

Last edited:
Reactions: PingBirdPong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Victims? Or losers? Or both? There's always a reason for people who's left their country, and to themselves they're always in the right. I'm not saying bad things didn't happen to them, I'm saying do you know why exactly those things happened to them? Do you seriously think that they've done nothing wrong? There might be a few cases that is pure political, but the majority would still be because they didn't obey the law in some way. And if they have a problem with the law, then too bad. Find a way and go somewhere else that suits them, if they can't then they can either stop bickering and move on, or don't obey the law and get into trouble. This is true for most countries that have a working law system. And I'm not saying you're not friends with people who left China, but please don't call them victims, because they are not, they're just immigrants that's all. And like I said above, that's just their side of the story, I choose to listen to both sides and do my own research and find the facts and truth behind the stories, while you can just believe the stories.

Working law system.... do you think you can lawyer up in China like you can in the USA?
Please do your research here and share your findings - we can take this off the forum if you want.

• Haha
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

Working law system.... do you think you can lawyer up in China like you can in the USA?
Please do your research here and share your findings - we can take this off the forum if you want.

Then please share your thoughts on why it’s not working, since you know so many “victims”. I don’t need to prove it’s working because it’s not not working. China is a country that has more than 1.4 billion people living there, it didn’t break down, if you think that is based on everyone behaving super nicely all the time then I have nothing else to say but wish you good day. Also, it’s only been 70+ years, do you know what happened in the US when it was about the same age? Civil war. I would say compared to that China is doing pretty well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Alright folks, that was fun, but let's get back to arguing about table tennis stuff now. One thing I do know the US is worse than China: table tennis. Back to more multiball drilling for me.

What do you mean US is worse than China in table tennis? In their most recent encounter at WTT Contender Muscat, Kanak and Lily beat CNT players in MS and WS,WD. And this most recent encounter at the time of this post is the only one that counts 🤣🤣🤣!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

And about the deaths by COVID , than why don’t you also look at how the face mask enforcement and other protective measurements were enforced? You need to remember that while other countries were still debating whether face masks actually decrease the transmission rate of airborne viruses, China has already started enforcing face masks. They also have the previous experience of SARS, so it’s not unbelievable that they did better. Or do you only believe the things that is detrimental to China? I believe in facts, that means published papers, researches and other documents that are not easily forged.

actually missed this reply.

If you do read anything about China and Covid19, then you should or replied that China no longer counts in asymptomatic cases.
So they are in a way, cleverly discounting the number of spreading to cases of symptomatic (and the figure reported to the world) and cases that are asymptomatic (which are not covid infection cases?). I'm not sure why they do this or if there is any other country in the world who does this (other than North Korea who doesn't report)

This is facts, you can go the NHC website yourself.

Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore...also use facemasks. I guess China is just superior by 100 times to all these other SARS experience places.
China with it stats is the leader in the world right now when comes to how low the covid 19 stats are. So low that even small isolated islands can't beat it.

any ways, back to thread
The whole of Sichuan has under 60 cases reported yesterday.
Chengdu has been doing daily testing of 21 million people for a week now.
Surely they can unlockdown by the end of the weekend.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
actually missed this reply.

If you do read anything about China and Covid19, then you should or replied that China no longer counts in asymptomatic cases.
So they are in a way, cleverly discounting the number of spreading to cases of symptomatic (and the figure reported to the world) and cases that are asymptomatic (which are not covid infection cases?). I'm not sure why they do this or if there is any other country in the world who does this (other than North Korea who doesn't report)

This is facts, you can go the NHC website yourself.

Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore...also use facemasks. I guess China is just superior by 100 times to all these other SARS experience places.
China with it stats is the leader in the world right now when comes to how low the covid 19 stats are. So low that even small isolated islands can't beat it.

any ways, back to thread
The whole of Sichuan has under 60 cases reported yesterday.
Chengdu has been doing daily testing of 21 million people for a week now.
Surely they can unlockdown by the end of the weekend.

Here we go again, all the claims, but like you've shown time and time again, you never seem to be able to see the whole picture. Yes, those places you mentioned use face masks but do they enforce as tightly? And when did they start using face masks? Did they close out the border completely during the past two years? Do they still have the border closed to outside visitors? Do they have quarantine requirements for visitors? Do they enforce test before those visitors get on a plane? I'm not saying these are the right things to do now, I think it's a waste of time and money, but if you want to compare results, why not include all these tactics in your consideration?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
You read my post?

in USA, UK, Canada, Gov can just come and confiscate assets of private citizens?
wow, I didn't know that.

Actually yes they can. Have you ever heard of the Japanese internment? Several of our family friend's were interned for 4 years and lost all of their life assets. So yes, there is a lot that you are not knowledgeable about.

You're probably too biased to understand this: but when push comes to shove, they will do this again when it suits their agenda. When the political environment is full of fear, congress can pass any law they want.

And you didn't answer my question. You really think the US government is so wonderful? Why don't you keep your amazing trustworthy US politicians, elections, and government, but live on the income of 3rd world democracies. Again, I'm just making a simple point: the government itself really isn't much to cheer about. It's the economic prosperity that makes the country great. Take away the economic prosperity, I really don't think anybody would find the democratic freedoms so enjoyable.

Last edited:
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

You should visit China and just wear a winnie the pooh shirt. Don't even need to say anything.
you would not 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
and we talking a 2022, not some history stuff

Yes, it IS 2022 and I am still talking about anything and anytime I want . Now stick this in your pipe and smoke it.😁

• Haha
Reactions: DukeGaGa
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
And by the way, isn't Tony from South Africa or whatever?

I hardly think South Africa's track record of "freedom" against their black citizens is something to boast about?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
And by the way, isn't Tony from South Africa or whatever?

I hardly think South Africa's track record of "freedom" against their black citizens is something to boast about?

Agreed !

But then lets face it the USA does not really have a super track record in this department either 😁

It is interesting though that this country with its horrible history regarding human rights
is now always shouting the loudest to accuse other countries of their imperfections.

Let us not forget that many of the USA s enormous riches have been created using slavery and by
keeping the working classes , shall we say, "in their place" often using military like force, all documented
in its history.

This user has no status.

My dad’s a lawyer, and he was a cop. You can definitely “lawyer up”, it’s just not as wonderful as the US, where a lawyer is basically able to get you out of jail.

• Haha
Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Michael, what in the world are you on about? did you sniff the wrong glue?
What does me and the racist regime of the old South Africa has anything to do with anything here?
You must get off your lazy ass and google, and you can see how much of my project in South Africa helps the so called black citizens in your statement. My project and my reputation is totally opposite to your illusion. This is similar to the one that you have in seeking the perfect equipment - the answer there too is - it doesn't exist.
If you want to help previously disadvantage people in Africa and act like some hero, then - help me help them - you prepared to do that??

Bird
sincere question - what is all the fuss about winnie the pool? under what law does wearing a shirt with winnie deem illegal?

Lodro
taking about winnie, is 70 year old you too old to wear winnie, or it is a gut issue? since you think USA and all western countries and China is similar. You could not answer me, so I will let you off then.

Gaga (which means grand mom in South Africa)
So granny.
Yes, with parents both in the medical sectors, I do get exposed to a lot of data of the said countries of face masks and a lot more. So much that I wonder if I should even change careers since TT does get boring at the end of the day.
I myself, have been in Asia in Jan 2020 for 2 weeks, and again in March 2020 till today.
So I have seen a lot of face masks.
China had outbreaks. But those outbreaks didn't affect much - do you recall Wuhan's figures or not?
if you can't recall the figures in Jan? before the lockdown in late Jan 2020... then everything is pointless.
CCP tells you that and you believe it. It is clear you cannot research beyond one side.
Are you Chinese?

Any way, happy mid-autumn festival to everyone. One of the main holidays for Chinese people.

Yesterday had a BBQ with the 2 schools+parents (80 people or so), and today had another knock with the headcoach, and now heading off to another bbq.
(Bird - do you guys bbq during mid-autumn festival there too?)

Last edited:
  • Haha
This user has no status.
Michael, what in the world are you on about? did you sniff the wrong glue?
What does me and the racist regime of the old South Africa has anything to do with anything here?
You must get off your lazy ass and google, and you can see how much of my project in South Africa helps the so called black citizens in your statement. My project and my reputation is totally opposite to your illusion. This is similar to the one that you have in seeking the perfect equipment - the answer there too is - it doesn't exist.
If you want to help previously disadvantage people in Africa and act like some hero, then - help me help them - you prepared to do that??

Bird
sincere question - what is all the fuss about winnie the pool? under what law does wearing a shirt with winnie deem illegal?

Lodro
taking about winnie, is 70 year old you too old to wear winnie, or it is a gut issue? since you think USA and all western countries and China is similar. You could not answer me, so I will let you off then.

Gaga (which means grand mom in South Africa)
So granny.
Yes, with parents both in the medical sectors, I do get exposed to a lot of data of the said countries of face masks and a lot more. So much that I wonder if I should even change careers since TT does get boring at the end of the day.
I myself, have been in Asia in Jan 2020 for 2 weeks, and again in March 2020 till today.
So I have seen a lot of face masks.
China had outbreaks. But those outbreaks didn't affect much - do you recall Wuhan's figures or not?
if you can't recall the figures in Jan? before the lockdown in late Jan 2020... then everything is pointless.
CCP tells you that and you believe it. It is clear you cannot research beyond one side.
Are you Chinese?

Any way, happy mid-autumn festival to everyone. One of the main holidays for Chinese people.

Yesterday had a BBQ with the 2 schools+parents (80 people or so), and today had another knock with the headcoach, and now heading off to another bbq.
(Bird - do you guys bbq during mid-autumn festival there too?)
First of all, Happy Mid-Autumn Festival to Tony and all here. Spend some time with your family tonight.
And no, we don’t BBQ, we eat moon cakes and other stuff and look at the moon. Mostly chat. You guys are waaayyyy different from the traditional ways😂

Second of all, if I remember correctly, Duke is Chinese, he lives in America. I don’t know about him, but I’m proud to be Chinese.
Third of all, to think you will get arrested for wearing a Winnie shirt is absurd. Winnie the Pooh is actually not that sensitive. If you send certain photoshopped pictures of our glorious leader, your account may be banned, and if you were extreme with it you might get a call telling you to stop. But the cops already have way more than they can handle, and probably don’t care. If you actively protest and wear such photoshopped pictures on the streets, the police won’t care if it’s not in the city center or political centers, you might get beaten up by angry civilians though. If you wear it in an important place with lots of cops, they might pay close attention to you, and some may tell you to scram, but nothing physical. You WILL get tackled if you try to protest though. Because Chinese law dictates that all citizens have right to protest, but they must register with the police in advance, and get approval. Otherwise it’s illegal protest.