Chengdu IN LOCKDOWN - will WTTC be delayed?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019

No, I agree with you on the points you make but let me make another point too.
Admittedly the "democratic Illusion" is much more subtle. It has been designed to give folks
the impression that they are actually having a say how a country is being ruled.
Have you ever noticed that regardless of which of the major parties is in charge that it makes
sweet **** all difference to the common man ?
He/she in the end is still shoveling shit in the shit-quarry helping rich people getting richer and getting poorer
themself in the process.

Recommended reading : The Republic by Plato

I'm not sure by your definition I'm considered the common man, but I'm considered middle class here in the US. And to me it definitely does matter who is in charge especially in local elections where there is a more direct impact. They can make conditions better or worse. So I absolutely value my right to vote. I don't always get my way, but I'm very thankful for at least having my say regardless. I would not want to live in a country where I don't have a right to vote.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

Well I tried not to open that can of worms but I guess it got out anyway. This is exactly what I knew would happen.

So to add to the comments. You cannot begin to compare the US democracy to the communists. Firstly, you cannot disappear for speaking your mind in the US. The press in the US has a lot of power and influence where the communist press is just a government mouthpiece. Secondly, the US doesn't have "re-education" camps for a specific minority of people that are used as slave labor. Just ask the UN commission on human rights. They confirmed the prisons in Xinjian. Thirdly, the US government would not persecute, torture and imprison a whole group of people based on religious beliefs. They created an entire industry of organ harvesting from unwilling prisoners of conscience because their organs are more healthy. Fourthly, the US government wouldn't invade a completely innocent region for no reason other than to persecute their religion. They invaded Tibet decades ago and have tried to systematically dilute the culture and assimilate with the Han chinese. I could go on and on but I'm tired of typing.

So the people that are defending the communists you are either a) completely ignorant or b) have been brainwashed by the communists propaganda machine to think they are benign. The western governments and businesses wore blinders for the last 3+ decades because of greed but since the Wuhan virus have slowly started to wake up. They finally figured it out that money is not worth millions of lives.

Oh BTW do not think for a minute that the CCP is innocent for this pandemic. They absolutely knew about the severity and willingly let it spread around the world. They knew they were going to get hit so if they were going to suffer they wanted to drag down the rest of the world with it.

Well, YOU started it 😂

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

I'm not sure by your definition I'm considered the common man, but I'm considered middle class here in the US. And to me it definitely does matter who is in charge especially in local elections where there is a more direct impact. They can make conditions better or worse. So I absolutely value my right to vote. I don't always get my way, but I'm very thankful for at least having my say regardless. I would not want to live in a country where I don't have a right to vote.

I lived in many countries that have voting rights ........but never voted in my life.
I refuse to support any system that at least to me is so transparently humbug. 😂

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

Firstly, you cannot disappear for speaking your mind in the US.

Maybe not, but I am old enough to remember the riots in the south and the Vietnam demonstrations.
Take University of California, Berkeley to mention one case, . The National guard was called in and
yes, some students did not disappeared they got shot dead

1500.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
From https://www.ittf.com/2022/09/06/itt...n-2022-ittf-world-championships-participants/

“We also wanted to reassure everyone following the tightening of COVID-19 countermeasures in Chengdu; preparation for the event continues as planned without delay. I will travel to Chengdu in two days to ensure seamless cooperation until the end of the countdown.

“The situation is similar to #RESTART, the series of events we hosted in China in November 2020. This time again, there is concern but, ultimately, we will deliver our World Championships in Chengdu.”

Reactions: lodro
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

Do you also remember the Tiananmen Square Massacre?

I do, I do !
Please read my post #12 in this thread.
I do NOT discriminate between different countries at all, nor between different methods of governing.
I condemn them equally 😂
I am a Proudhonian.😎

Last edited:
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
From https://www.ittf.com/2022/09/06/itt...n-2022-ittf-world-championships-participants/

“We also wanted to reassure everyone following the tightening of COVID-19 countermeasures in Chengdu; preparation for the event continues as planned without delay. I will travel to Chengdu in two days to ensure seamless cooperation until the end of the countdown.

“The situation is similar to #RESTART, the series of events we hosted in China in November 2020. This time again, there is concern but, ultimately, we will deliver our World Championships in Chengdu.”

If I remember correctly the Olympics in Tokyo were also held in the middle of a massive Covid outbreak
and that went down alright ...............without spectators.
Have a nice time at the Worlds.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

If I remember correctly the Olympics in Tokyo were also held in the middle of a massive Covid outbreak
and that went down alright ...............without spectators.
Have a nice time at the Worlds.

I would rather have covid and be in Japan and know there is human rights, than having covid in China...
Japan has been honest about covid and we just don't know how much dirty secrets is hidden in China.... so little cases, so little death - no sane person would believe those stats.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I do hope the championship will go ahead. It will be nice to see some high level international competitions.

Lets hope lockdown ends soon and human can continue to be human.

Still remember a Shanghai elderly lady was speaking to a live interview.
The interviewer ask - what did you think of the lockdown
elderly lady replied: incredible.
elderly lady replied: I have lived for over 80 years and it is the first time in my life that I am not allowed to leave my home. how incredibly ridiculous is that.

the camera backed away when that was said. it was a live feed and some of it went on the internet. Internet police probably took most of it down by now.

• Love
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
I do, I do !
Please read my post #12 in this thread.
I do NOT discriminate between different countries at all, nor between different methods of governing.
I condemn them equally 😂
I am a Proudhonian.😎

But no, we will rather fight about whose gov is worse, while being led like the ... to the ... ;-)

I hope the tournament takes place, I'm so massively curious how FZD will perform after his retreat.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

So officially you never violated any rules. I've heard most people know exactly what went on but never publicly admit to anything.

I guess Lodro could never be a Chinese in China. He would need to keep very quiet too.

But officially for Bird.... he could be called in and interrogated for even having the dates mentioned and using VPN.

I guess if the internet police want to do it, they could. But I'm sure they are also purposely letting some slip through the cracks and will use it when the fish becomes bigger

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: PingBirdPong
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
IMG%2020220908%20073221%20jpg.jpeg

No, this is NOT tiananmin square.
It is Berkeley University California 1969 in the loverly free USof A where the National guard soldiers were given order to shoot the students that protested against the continuing war in Vietnam. Many got wounded , some got killed.