Chengdu IN LOCKDOWN - will WTTC be delayed?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

This would open up a whole new can of worms. Don't want to derail the OP's thread. But Tony is right.

The whole communist regime is based on corruption. So there are people who benefit from all the unnecessary testing. Can you believe there are politicians that make kick back money from the sales of test kits? Think of how many millions (billions?) of test kits are being used?

Need I remind you how corrupt the US government is? 🤣 Don't be the pot that calls the kettle black.

• Haha
Reactions: lodro
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

Need I remind you how corrupt the US government is? 🤣 Don't be the pot that calls the kettle black.

I was going to say that but held back in order to not fuel the flame.
The "so called" democracies in the "so called "" free worlds have a lot of sheit going on
behind the coulisses., carefully hidden from the naive masses.

• Haha
Reactions: DukeGaGa
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

I was going to say that but held back in order to not fuel the flame.
The "so called" democracies in the "so called "" free worlds have a lot of sheit going on
behind the coulisses., carefully hidden from the naive masses.

Does US political party have the ability to eliminate limits to ruling terms and get 100% votes all the time?
all the nay voters are surprising locked up somewhere

Reactions: SamTheMan
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

Does US political party have the ability to eliminate limits to ruling terms and get 100% votes all the time?
all the nay voters are surprising locked up somewhere

No, I agree with you on the points you make but let me make another point too.
Admittedly the "democratic Illusion" is much more subtle. It has been designed to give folks
the impression that they are actually having a say how a country is being ruled.
Have you ever noticed that regardless of which of the major parties is in charge that it makes
sweet **** all difference to the common man ?
He/she in the end is still shoveling shit in the shit-quarry helping rich people getting richer and getting poorer
themself in the process.

Recommended reading : The Republic by Plato

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

No, I agree with you on the points you make but let me make another point too.
Admittedly the "democratic Illusion" is much more subtle. It has been designed to give folks
the impression that they are actually having a say how a country is being ruled.
Have you ever noticed that regardless of which of the major parties is in charge that it makes
sweet **** all difference to the common man ?
He/she in the end is still shoveling shit in the shit-quarry helping rich people getting richer and getting poorer
themself in the process.

Recommended reading : The Republic by Plato

Last I checked, you don't get missing "common man" in USA.

You can't really be comparing the two.

In USA, you can go and scream winnie the pooh all day... try that in China... just try.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

Last I checked, you don't get missing "common man" in USA.

In USA, you can go and scream winnie the pooh all day... try that in China... just try.

Tony's Table Tennis;379867

looks like you are one of the naive ones.
And of course I will not ask you what I can compare with what.

To me, people who stare at the flag , sing a hymn and hold hands on their heart look to me about the same as
all the people who , also stretched their arm out and sang sieg heil .

As for people who do not disappear, well go ask some of the guys in Guantanamo if the feel "disappeared" and there are several other likely American institution in other countries as well

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

Tony's Table Tennis;379867

looks like you are one of the naive ones.
And of course I will not ask you what I can compare with what.

To me, people who stare at the flag , sing a hymn and hold hands on their heart look to me about the same as
all the people who , also stretched their arm out and sang sieg heil .

As for people who do not disappear, well go ask some of the guys in Guantanamo if the feel "disappeared" and there are several other likely American institution in other countries as well

You still didn't figure how to quote properly?

Wow, you can know who is in Guantanamo? How is that possible?
Try finding out missing foreigners in China, you might have better luck in North Korea or Russia.

You can't compare the 2.
One place you have too much human rights, the other place you have none.

You don't need to be any threat, but if you have winnie the pooh on, or like Tom Cruise wearing a jacket that has Taiwan's flag on for Top Gun 1 and 2. You are dead meat.

And back to facts, Chengdu is in forced lockdown.
They barcade your door if you are a trouble maker. How in the world do you get out in times of an earth quake? I guess you don't get out.

If you think they are still the same, then you are worse than naive.
So lets stop derailing and talk about Chengdu and the tournament, or you welcome to go and open a casual chat thread.

Last edited:

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
To take the thread back to its first hijack about money corruption, not the second comparing systems hijack -

I read a book about the CCP that said stealing money-type corruption is a feature, not a bug. The ranking party people at all levels are paid almost nothing, so they almost have to take bribes and kickbacks even to live. Of course some take millions but there are lots of small fish too. That has like double utility for the party. They can say how selflessly the party works for the people, not taking big salaries. And when they decide to purge anybody they can arrest him for corruption, and they know it will be true and they will find something, because everyone is universally doing it. So the CCP doesn't have to make up fake crimes, plus they get extra bonus points for stamping out corruption.

I don't know if the book I read it in made that up, or if the system kind of grew up organically, or it is by design (not to say centrally planned). But I thought that was a really clever system.

And now, back to Chengdu ...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011

Well I tried not to open that can of worms but I guess it got out anyway. This is exactly what I knew would happen.

So to add to the comments. You cannot begin to compare the US democracy to the communists. Firstly, you cannot disappear for speaking your mind in the US. The press in the US has a lot of power and influence where the communist press is just a government mouthpiece. Secondly, the US doesn't have "re-education" camps for a specific minority of people that are used as slave labor. Just ask the UN commission on human rights. They confirmed the prisons in Xinjian. Thirdly, the US government would not persecute, torture and imprison a whole group of people based on religious beliefs. They created an entire industry of organ harvesting from unwilling prisoners of conscience because their organs are more healthy. Fourthly, the US government wouldn't invade a completely innocent region for no reason other than to persecute their religion. They invaded Tibet decades ago and have tried to systematically dilute the culture and assimilate with the Han chinese. I could go on and on but I'm tired of typing.

So the people that are defending the communists you are either a) completely ignorant or b) have been brainwashed by the communists propaganda machine to think they are benign. The western governments and businesses wore blinders for the last 3+ decades because of greed but since the Wuhan virus have slowly started to wake up. They finally figured it out that money is not worth millions of lives.

Oh BTW do not think for a minute that the CCP is innocent for this pandemic. They absolutely knew about the severity and willingly let it spread around the world. They knew they were going to get hit so if they were going to suffer they wanted to drag down the rest of the world with it.

Reactions: pongfugrasshopper
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

Oh BTW do not think for a minute that the CCP is innocent for this pandemic. They absolutely knew about the severity and willingly let it spread around the world. They knew they were going to get hit so if they were going to suffer they wanted to drag down the rest of the world with it.

Since Covid is related to OP.

If CCP was honest about the stats coming from Wuhan in late 2019 or early 2020, I think the world would have treated this threat a lot more serious.
For almost 3 years, collectively, China only has 245k active cases and 5226 deaths.
Wuhan only has 50k cases and 3869 death.
China has over 1.4 billion people. Wuhan has 11m, Hubei prov is near 60m

Honestly, if the stats are true, there is really no need to lock down. The active case per million is 170 people inside almost 3 years, with 4 people dying per million inside this period.

Comparison to say:
Japan, 155k/m cases, 329/m death.
Germany, 382k/m cases, 1753/m death
China, 170/m cases, 4/m death

China's figure is only beaten by Western Sahara with 16/m cases and 2/m deaths (pop is only 629k)

I would say, the stats is missing at least two 0s at the end, maybe even 3 zeros

Think about it, Wuhan time, there was no masks, no knowledge and they had less than 10 death a week.
If it was 1000 people a week dying, the world would take it a lot more serious for sure and as any infection/outbreak, the earlier you take it serious, the less of a problem it would have become.

Last edited:
Reactions: pongfugrasshopper
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
To take the thread back to its first hijack about money corruption, not the second comparing systems hijack -

I read a book about the CCP that said stealing money-type corruption is a feature, not a bug. The ranking party people at all levels are paid almost nothing, so they almost have to take bribes and kickbacks even to live. Of course some take millions but there are lots of small fish too. That has like double utility for the party. They can say how selflessly the party works for the people, not taking big salaries. And when they decide to purge anybody they can arrest him for corruption, and they know it will be true and they will find something, because everyone is universally doing it. So the CCP doesn't have to make up fake crimes, plus they get extra bonus points for stamping out corruption.

I don't know if the book I read it in made that up, or if the system kind of grew up organically, or it is by design (not to say centrally planned). But I thought that was a really clever system.

And now, back to Chengdu ...

Yeah, that book sounds like a whole lot of makeup crap to me, kinda like a conspiracy theory book, do you know who wrote it?

Reactions: PingBirdPong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

Well I tried not to open that can of worms but I guess it got out anyway. This is exactly what I knew would happen.

So to add to the comments. You cannot begin to compare the US democracy to the communists. Firstly, you cannot disappear for speaking your mind in the US. The press in the US has a lot of power and influence where the communist press is just a government mouthpiece. Secondly, the US doesn't have "re-education" camps for a specific minority of people that are used as slave labor. Just ask the UN commission on human rights. They confirmed the prisons in Xinjian. Thirdly, the US government would not persecute, torture and imprison a whole group of people based on religious beliefs. They created an entire industry of organ harvesting from unwilling prisoners of conscience because their organs are more healthy. Fourthly, the US government wouldn't invade a completely innocent region for no reason other than to persecute their religion. They invaded Tibet decades ago and have tried to systematically dilute the culture and assimilate with the Han chinese. I could go on and on but I'm tired of typing.

So the people that are defending the communists you are either a) completely ignorant or b) have been brainwashed by the communists propaganda machine to think they are benign. The western governments and businesses wore blinders for the last 3+ decades because of greed but since the Wuhan virus have slowly started to wake up. They finally figured it out that money is not worth millions of lives.

This is so funny that I’m sad you believe what you say lol

Almost everyone have guns, so don’t tell me that “you won’t disappear for saying your mind”. And don’t you remember who kept denying it was a pandemic at the beginning of this whole thing? Who said masks are useless for lowering the risk of spreading? There were calculations done on the economic side as well, and it showed that if we also enforced the same quarantine routine, we wouldn’t have taken such a big hit for such a long time. Not saying CCP is good or anything, but you are not looking at thing objectively, and that’s a sign of being brain washed by politicians.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

Almost everyone have guns, so don’t tell me that “you won’t disappear for saying your mind”. And don’t you remember who kept denying it was a pandemic at the beginning of this whole thing? Who said masks are useless for lowering the risk of spreading? There were calculations done on the economic side as well, and it showed that if we also enforced the same quarantine routine, we wouldn’t have taken such a big hit for such a long time. Not saying CCP is good or anything, but you are not looking at thing objectively, and that’s a sign of being brain washed by politicians.

Taiwan was one of the earliest to enforce restrictions since Dec 2019/Jan 2020, because of what happened with SARS and the lack of trust in terms of CCP's honestly.
A team from Taiwan visited Wuhan in Jan 2020 and return to Taiwan and said, it is the same or worse then SARS (the world doesn't know what was SARS, since Asia took it hard only).

So some time in Jan 2020, they started to monitor flights from China and started to implement incoming traveler quarantine and it become full scale "lock out" protocol in March 2020, while the people were still roaming freely in side.
Since Taiwan is an island, if they can limit the infections to outside the borders and catch it the border/quarantine, the risk of community spreading is low inside the borders.
Few did get out, but the contact tracing was super fast and only until May 2022 did Taiwan lost the "contact tracing" war. So Taiwan was the only country in the world to continue tournaments/concerts/major events in the world when most of the world was in lockdown. But it did suffer a lot in tourism related.

I took one of my students to Taiwan to train in Dec 2019, and due to what was happening in the world, her 3 month trip was cut short and she had to leave end of Jan (parents was worried of what was happening in Asia, but afterwards with 5 month lockdown in SA, they actually wish the daughter could stay in Taiwan and actually train. Through the SA lockdown from March to Aug, there was no TT at all, in facts most clubs couldn't open until the next year, giving zero TT in 2020)

March 2020 I flew back to Taiwan, wearing PPE clothing. I dressed more "correct" than the airport CDC officials.
Have to say, those guys at the airport, are the final line of defense for the health care workers and they did a damn good job.

Last edited:

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

Taiwan was one of the earliest to enforce restrictions since Dec 2019/Jan 2020, because of what happened with SARS and the lack of trust in terms of CCP's honestly.
A team from Taiwan visited Wuhan in Jan 2020 and return to Taiwan and said, it is the same or worse then SARS (the world doesn't know what was SARS, since Asia took it hard only).

So some time in Jan 2020, they started to monitor flights from China and started to implement incoming traveler quarantine and it become full scale "lock out" protocol in March 2020, while the people were still roaming freely in side.
Since Taiwan is an island, if they can limit the infections to outside the borders and catch it the border/quarantine, the risk of community spreading is low inside the borders.
Few did get out, but the contact tracing was super fast and only until May 2022 did Taiwan lost the "contact tracing" war. So Taiwan was the only country in the world to continue tournaments/concerts/major events in the world when most of the world was in lockdown. But it did suffer a lot in tourism related.

I took one of my students to Taiwan to train in Dec 2019, and due to what was happening in the world, her 3 month trip was cut short and she had to leave end of Jan (parents was worried of what was happening in Asia, but afterwards with 5 month lockdown in SA, they actually wish the daughter could stay in Taiwan and actually train. Through the SA lockdown from March to Aug, there was no TT at all, in facts most clubs couldn't open until the next year, giving zero TT in 2020)

March 2020 I flew back to Taiwan, wearing PPE clothing. I dressed more "correct" than the airport CDC officials.
Have to say, those guys at the airport, are the final line of defense for the health care workers and they did a damn good job.

I remember reading a news article back in 2019 about an “atypical pneumonia” spreading in Wuhan and thought to myself, isn’t this just SARS all over again?

Reactions: PingBirdPong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

Well, I’ll see if I can find a online version, but from my experience, these books all use the same tactics of telling made up stories based on some truth, and utilizing the readers’ inexperience on the subject to mislead them into believing their version of the story. But the whole true picture is rarely what they make it look like.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011

Wow, you are really out there. Somebody really did a number on you. You must read a lot of conspiracy theories and think that CNN is a left wing organization.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

Wow, you are really out there. Somebody really did a number on you. You must read a lot of conspiracy theories and think that CNN is a left wing organization.

So to sum up, I’m saying everything has its positives and negatives, and one should not base the truth just on what others are saying. While you are saying you are right all the time because you just know, and everyone else who doesn’t agree with you are wrong. We’ll let the others decide who’s been brainwashed by conspiracy theories.