Boll Tricarbon, is this a good blade?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
That‘s no problem.
Thickness = 7,3 - 7,4 mm,
15% = 1,1 mm for 3 carbon layers maximum.
That means: 0,36 mm for each carbon layer.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

Honestly, I found it weird that you would say such a thing 😅

haha, I just typed a few things I wanted to tell Michael, and click sent without checking.

I think maybe I wanted to say the wood is not stiffer than carbon, and I typed carbon first but didn't remove the Not from my brain. Or something like that.

Sadly, I can't really sit and enjoy this forum as much as I would like, always jumping around and when in front of the computer for a few minutes, I will browse and type, then jump around again (due to timezone, I need to handle my SA biz affairs in the evening of where I am now, so LONG working hours)

Many times I had to come back edit and fix spelling/grammar errors etc

Thanks for spotting my mistake, else I would go down in history as the weird one 😅

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
That‘s no problem.
Thickness = 7,3 - 7,4 mm,
15% = 1,1 mm for 3 carbon layers maximum.
That means: 0,36 mm for each carbon layer.

I'm no blade maker or qualified umpire, but I recall your handle badges, glue etc is part of that 15%.

I remember there was that purple Butterfly blade that was banned, can't remember the model or the reason for banning. I think it failed the 85/15 ruling (I do stand to be corrected, it happened more or less in the period when I was not much involved in the sport)

EDIT:
Oh, I see you put 3 carbon.
I was replying to that 9 layer carbon.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011

haha, I just typed a few things I wanted to tell Michael, and click sent without checking.

I think maybe I wanted to say the wood is not stiffer than carbon, and I typed carbon first but didn't remove the Not from my brain. Or something like that.

Sadly, I can't really sit and enjoy this forum as much as I would like, always jumping around and when in front of the computer for a few minutes, I will browse and type, then jump around again (due to timezone, I need to handle my SA biz affairs in the evening of where I am now, so LONG working hours)

Many times I had to come back edit and fix spelling/grammar errors etc

Thanks for spotting my mistake, else I would go down in history as the weird one 😅

No problem, now the information is out there, in case anyone is interested.

Regarding the maximum allowed reinforcement percentage, it only concerns the actual blade, not the handles. Like Magic_M stated above, there is a maximum of 15%, but each layers must be less than 0.35mm thick.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

No problem, now the information is out there, in case anyone is interested.

Regarding the maximum allowed reinforcement percentage, it only concerns the actual blade, not the handles. Like Magic_M stated above, there is a maximum of 15%, but each layers must be less than 0.35mm thick.

I recall there was a 13 ply or something blade before.
I'm no equipment guru. What is the post ply blade you have seen or come across?
and the most composite layers + wood layers?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022

How many wood plys?
Since 85% need to be natural wood, it sure must be thick blade too? unless it is an unapproved blade

I meant to say 9 ply blade like 5 layers of carbon or something
i don't remember how many . Don't have it anymore Gave it away.

I never used it in a tournament as I never like it.
But if I had , how would they test & catch me ? Like they strictly test & catch boosters ??? LOL

BYW I also saw 13 layer carbon blade at around the same time on Ali Express

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015

yes, I think i was thinking about that.
I think it is Dynamix 17 or something like that
so not 13, but it was 17

I thought Dynamix 17 was something like 11 wood and 6 composite. I played a guy who uses that blade several times at the Gunston club in Arlington VA. He made tons of spin with it, mostly on backhand iirc, but it seemed very fast too.