What should i do ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Are you suggesting that what I say isn't true?
If so, what proof do you have?

I have started my own thread previously. There were too many idiots distracting from the main topic.
I wouldn't mind having my own thread if others could only ask questions on it.

What I see on this forum is too many young players trying to take short cuts.
Then maybe you should stop treating people like idiots
You should ask these people - do they even enjoy reading and replying back to you.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Hi everyone, I've been using Donic Waldner Senso Carbon with Bluefire M3 rubbers for about 1 year. I think i need a blade with normal handle instead of an empty one. I'm copying chinese pros technique (quick footwork and full power strokes from the ground; FZD, Fang Bo, Ma Long...), but i don't really feel comfortable with my current setup. I didn't know much about equipment a year ago so i bought the first setup that someone suggested :D. I need a setup that give me the confidence to go with the full power strokes. I play 4-7 hours a week, and a quick footwork.

Should i change my setup entirely or just the rubbers? Can you suggest me a good blade that fits my playing style (and tacky hard chinese rubbers)? I was thinking about Fang Bo Carbon.
DHS Fang Bo Carbon is good!
Butterfly FZD Super ZLC is even better.
Pair them with 09C Dignics and 05 Dignics and you are on your way to a glorious TT career just like FB or FZD.
What is missing is tonnes of training. Now go train.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021

I'm Just broke

Without any visual cue, it is hard to recommend anything. However, as a general rule of thumb, M3 is too soft unless you are U13 kind of player. Your blade is a good one, I would not change it unless for some very major reason. M1 for FH + M2 for BH is the default set-up for most players on Donic product. I had use this set-up for quite a while and I like it. Again, I reiterate, unless is for some very major reason, I suggest no need to change the good blade.

P/s: My National team is sponsored by Donic and some of our National Level players uses M1 ( FH ) + M2 ( BH ) with your blade, so it is real decent set-up.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Wow, every thread gets hijacked with this same bullshit. OP, buy the Fang Bo carbon like you thought and put your M3s on it. That's the only way to get a fair evaluation of the new blade.

In case you wonder why only Tony gave it's "haha":

Invalid SQL: UPDATE post SET thanks_emo = ' You and Tony's Table Tennis' WHERE postid = '379766';

😂

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

That's right. Whatever we do, Tony must always have the LAST haha, no one else can.

What a pitty we can't un-haha.

I can't unhaha, but you are on with your thumbs up now (so maybe i must go and click it and you name will then show?).

Okay, i'm going to ask mods to remove the ' once and for all.

PS. I dont' think it was an issue 10 years ago though.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020

I can't unhaha, but you are on with your thumbs up now (so maybe i must go and click it and you name will then show?).

Don't do that. It's just fun.

Do you also have this proverb: who laughs the LAST, laughs the best?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I troll engineers just like I am trolling with you, but my questions are good ones that I know you can't answer.

BrokenBall, in a thread where someone is asking about equipment advice, is there really a reason for you to behave like this? You should know, I have given you a lot of rope, but it does seem you are slowly hanging yourself. It is not the information you present. Rather, it is the way you behave and the way you treat others. It might be worth you knowing that I have had multiple complaints from different members about you within the recent past. And you should also know, you are very close to getting banned yet again.

I don't have time to waste on this. Stop treating people like you think they are beneath you. Stop being rude. Stop hijacking threads and attacking people. That is a bare minimum: If you cannot do that, you do not belong on this forum.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020

Back to the original question ...

Have you considered a straightforward 5-ply all-wood blade? Something like the Xiom Offensive S is a really good looping blade, and if you stuck a set of Xiom Vega X (or Pro) rubbers on it that would be a fair step up in power from what you're currently using. If you're losing points with that bat, it won't be because it's not powerful enough - unless you're competing at a pretty high level.

It's also an excellent value for money set up.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Back to the original question ...

Have you considered a straightforward 5-ply all-wood blade? Something like the Xiom Offensive S is a really good looping blade, and if you stuck a set of Xiom Vega X (or Pro) rubbers on it that would be a fair step up in power from what you're currently using. If you're losing points with that bat, it won't be because it's not powerful enough - unless you're competing at a pretty high level.

It's also an excellent value for money set up.

My thinking is that it's good to find a composition which you like and then buy a blade with that composition from some maker, like Vodak, SDC and others, and if not from them then even a Butterfly blade actually. That is because my experience with cheaper blades was not overwhelming. So the trick is how to lose the least possible money to get to the point where you are convinced that you want to invest "substantially", if we have to think in these terms. So for inner ALC blade I went with DHS PG5. I am not using it, it was not special, but it was not that bad, it fulfilled the task, it was not expensive, and I don't regret it. Btw. it is cca 1270 Hz.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
OP needs to be around a lot of players with different equipment and try them one by one to learn what rubbers and what blades are it for him... absent of first hand tryouts... it will be very chancy to hear a recommendation, buy it, then have it be very suitable. In OP case, the fit of handle is an issue and he would be better off with a custom blade giving specs... but then he would need to KNOW his specs...

The most practical thing he could do right now is to experiment with different wrapping of grip tape to form the handle shape to his hand and buy a firmer FH rubber next time it is to change it out.

says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
I have played with WSUC (Waldner Senso Ultra Carbon) for 8-9 years and I still love the blade and try it out now and then with my main rubbers. I also posted a review of it on this website. WSC (Waldner Senso Carbon) is a slightly slower version of WSUC and by all means a very good blade. It's Limba top ply with senso handle which imparts lots of feeling while performing table tennis strokes. I believe that selection of equipment is more mental satisfaction or the curiosity to try something new rather than having a huge impact on the individual's strokes. Until the transition is really drastic, like going from OFF++ to DEF blade or rubber.
On the other hand, I myself have tried number of setups and I still sometimes think of try something new. I believe that it is not end of the world by any means and if it gives an individual satisfaction then by all means try it and see. However, after trying out and owning 15-20 blades and different rubbers, I firmly believe that I more or less play the same :). And once I realize it, I can always talk to myself and focus on training harder.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
I have played with WSUC (Waldner Senso Ultra Carbon) for 8-9 years and I still love the blade and try it out now and then with my main rubbers. I also posted a review of it on this website. WSC (Waldner Senso Carbon) is a slightly slower version of WSUC and by all means a very good blade. It's Limba top ply with senso handle which imparts lots of feeling while performing table tennis strokes. I believe that selection of equipment is more mental satisfaction or the curiosity to try something new rather than having a huge impact on the individual's strokes. Until the transition is really drastic, like going from OFF++ to DEF blade or rubber.
On the other hand, I myself have tried number of setups and I still sometimes think of try something new. I believe that it is not end of the world by any means and if it gives an individual satisfaction then by all means try it and see. However, after trying out and owning 15-20 blades and different rubbers, I firmly believe that I more or less play the same :). And once I realize it, I can always talk to myself and focus on training harder.

I tend to think that we all know that what you write about equipment is very true, and yet, all 5 of the last 5 posters (incl. me) play with hi-quality blade according the profile :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews

Mods should really get Dan to update the software powering this site and fix these sql injection issues ...

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Mods should really get Dan to update the software powering this site and fix these sql injection issues ...

I think you guys should all PM him. He has not responded to any of my attempts to reach out. The site's IT guy told me the same. Go ahead and send away. Feel free to make threads about it. Feel free to wake up the thread he made about it.