Lebrun brothers join Tibhar

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
I don't like Tibhar like brand. Every other brand is better I think

I'm sure you've already warned Darko Jorgic right ? come on, be serious...

EVERY other brand is better ... LOL

SOME brand MAY be better, ok. I think you need to learn english language more deeply.

Now some young people here don't seem to know much thing about TT history. In the 90's France has been 2 times team european champion (1994 - 1998) and 1 time world team finalist in 1997 with Chila and Eloi, 2 Tibhar athletes. Guess what ? the Chila blade is still in production nowadays...

Can Tibhar bring innovations like Stiga does ? yes, the violin shaped Damien Eloi blade, can Tibhar make composite+carbon material ? they use arylate and zylon, just like Butterfly, and also Dyneema that is known to be the best composite material for climbing ropes and marine ropes.

Can they make good rubbers ? ask the best european player Darko Jorgic, when you've won the european TOP 16 and you're the ETTU finalist in less than one year, you're the best european player, ask the 2016 european champion Emmanuel Lebesson, ask the 2022 european mixed double champion ... Emmanuel Lebesson.

For a guy who's advertising for his youtube channel and claiming to teach people about TT, you don't seem to know much things about Tibhar....

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Kolev and M.Hoang
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
I take it they were using Butterfly previously? Will be interesting if there is a change in results positive or negative with this change. I seem to recall Pitchford's results dropping off a bit when he initially switched to Victas. They are young though so im sure it wont affect them to much.

I am looking forward to my sheet of K3 arriving though to try out next week.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

SOME brand MAY be better, ok. I think you need to learn english language more deeply.

Now some young people here don't seem to know much thing about TT history. In the 90's France has been 2 times team european champion (1994 - 1998) and 1 time world team finalist in 1997 with Chila and Eloi, 2 Tibhar athletes. Guess what ? the Chila blade is still in production nowadays...

Can Tibhar bring innovations like Stiga does ? yes, the violin shaped Damien Eloi blade, can Tibhar make composite+carbon material ? they use arylate and zylon, just like Butterfly, and also Dyneema that is known to be the best composite material for climbing ropes and marine ropes.

Can they make good rubbers ? ask the best european player Darko Jorgic, when you've won the european TOP 16 and you're the ETTU finalist in less than one year, you're the best european player, ask the 2016 european champion Emmanuel Lebesson, ask the 2022 european mixed double champion ... Emmanuel Lebesson.

For a guy who's advertising for his youtube channel and claiming to teach people about TT, you don't seem to know much things about Tibhar....

That kid is only here to post his youtube channel (wearing Andro)
He had to have 5 posts to post links, those 5 posts are really valueless posts imo

This user has no status.
I take it they were using Butterfly previously? Will be interesting if there is a change in results positive or negative with this change. I seem to recall Pitchford's results dropping off a bit when he initially switched to Victas. They are young though so im sure it wont affect them to much.

I am looking forward to my sheet of K3 arriving though to try out next week.

Hard to judge by now. Felix got crapped on by Darko, which was to be expected but maybe not that hard.
Alexis on the other hand had just serious issues in the first set against Niu Guankai. After that he played way better and hit a lot more shots.

But overall we lacked the camera angle and video quality to check 100% if they really swapped. At least i couldnt tell for sure.

Reactions: jammmail
This user has no status.

Hard to judge by now. Felix got crapped on by Darko, which was to be expected but maybe not that hard.
Alexis on the other hand had just serious issues in the first set against Niu Guankai. After that he played way better and hit a lot more shots.

But overall we lacked the camera angle and video quality to check 100% if they really swapped. At least i couldnt tell for sure.

Just wait for them to upload photos on the WTT Flickr page

https://www.flickr.com/photos/wttglobal/

Reactions: Attitude
This user has no status.
Reactions: jammmail
says Spin, Spin, more spin :)
says Spin, Spin, more spin :)
Jul 2022

I think they will play better in time. As you know it takes time when you change your equipment esp. blade and rubber.

says Or is it more legit...
says Or is it more legit...
Sep 2019

I think they will play better in time. As you know it takes time when you change your equipment esp. blade and rubber.

The same is happening with an jaehyun I guess. His performance with TMXi isn't decent as he used to be when he were using w968. But also he's been using and testing prototype blades for over 2 years before his blade was released. Makes me wonder if he's really not used to the new equipment or that's just his technique issues.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
The french pro TT economy seems to find that Butterfly's marketing plan is getting more unprofitable: La Romagne SSLRTT has also moved to Gewo because, according to them "la marque Butterfly a changé de politique commerciale et celle-ci est moins avantageuse pour le club."
https://www.sslrtt.com/au-revoir-butterfly-bonjour-gewo/

La Romagne is playing in Pro A, has been Pro A winner and ETTU Cup winner now there's only Saint Denis USTT 93 left sponsored by Butterfly in the french Pro A. It's actually Prithika Pavade's club, some of you have probably seen studio pictures of Prithika advertising for BTY t-shirts ?

Problem is: Prithika Pavade isn't making huge improvement nowadays, she's even lowered her expectations by now competing in WTT Youth tournaments only.

Another very important news: Dauphin TT is not the french official retailer and website for BTY anymore ! it's now Kemushi, a very small business owned by... Christophe Legout and Pascale + Philippe Gorce in Le Mans, they said that, previously, Butterfly was selling its products via 3 different companies in Valence (Dauphin TT for instance), Paris and Tours.

And indeed when you look at Dauphin website, it's now back with all TT brands BTY excepted, specially Gewo as they are now its official retailer for France then, after a long time being selling products for Butterfly and Yasaka quite exclusively.

Kemushi was a really tiny business involved in digital marketing only to begin with, but it's the company that launched the french BTY eshop app on smartphones and tablets. The 3 associates had to beg for cash to lauch the business according to the BTY desideratas: huge warehouse now in Le Mans, and they'll have to hire people to be able to satisfy the 20 000 yearly consumers: only 1 company will have to do the same job as 3 did before...

On the other hand though, the Bros. decision was a complete surprise cos' Christophe Legout was still counting on them and Prithika. Now there's only Prithika left in the BTY french family, I don't think BTY will find that very nice.

So my take is: Butterfly is not considering France as being enough interesting and profitable to them, and even maybe worse: they probably have to make economic restrictions. For now their marketing plan is to please the USA, Germany, Japan of course, and China... as always, before any other country, that makes 1 country per continent.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
It has also to be said that Butterfly had 3 sellers in France with no other reason than geographic distribution. If they considered that one seller is enough, why would they continue to use 3 sellers ? And as far as I know, these sellers were not so efficient.
It is obvious that Lebrun brothers came to Tibhar for money. We will see later if it was a good choice of them. For me, Butterfly is the best brand in the world, if considering only big brands, no artisanal brand. But I am not paied by brands…

Under the bottom line, Damien Eloi works for Andro...😉

Just saw tdy that two french youngsters Alexis and Felix has signed contract with tibhar till 2028. According to tibhar, they are currently using hybrid k3 and their personal blades developed with tibhar. Guess we are to see some new blades from tibhar in the near future.

I read somewhere that they using Nittaku Hammond Z2. Not sure if this is true for both of them and on both sides.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020

I read somewhere that they using Nittaku Hammond Z2. Not sure if this is true for both of them and on both sides.

Never heard about that… they were playing D09C on both sides, on a Boll ALC for Alexis, and a Innerforce ZLC for Félix, if my memory is good. I can’t ever imagine why they would take advantage of a Nittaku Hammond 🧐

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Reactions: Metaxa
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Under the bottom line: Gauzy was the key of the Cornilleau team, and Andro wanted a TOP 10 player in their rooster. So they did like Tibhar: they hired a french legendary player to get what they wanted. To get Gauzy, they hired Eloi. If you look at the Andro website, it's all about Gauzy.

Tibhar has the Lebrun bros. because they still have Chila and Lebesson + probably the french federation will be back too. I guess the next french team shirt will be a Tibhar one after the 31st of August 2024: Gauzy is out of the next WTTTC so France will be represented by 3 Tibhar athletes + 1 Stiga one with Alex Cassin (or Cornilleau maybe if it's Can ?)

Never heard about that… they were playing D09C on both sides, on a Boll ALC for Alexis, and a Innerforce ZLC for Félix, if my memory is good. I can’t ever imagine why they would take advantage of a Nittaku Hammond 🧐

Apologies, I misread it. It says "if"
"quote: If some new pro players like brothers Felix Lebrun and Alexis Lebrun use this rubber, they will definitely win the Olympics next time.They can totally beat China with this rubber- Nittaku Hammond Z2."