What is going on with the umpire here?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I am amazed, I can't find anything in the ITTF handbook about poor umpire decision making and the SOP to handle such issue.

I would imagine under common sense that you can call the referee and complain.....

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Isn't nice to have a couple of lovely and kind young ladies helping him with this difficult job. 🤣

I think he got into trouble with the electronic system, got out of sinc with the cards AND with what happened on the table and from there onward it was all down shit-street. 🤣

This user has no status.
Su just told me, the umpire actually fell asleep!!!! lol

I will if i was doing a match between the best two defenders makin it like 10 hours match, or offensive players that they just attack attack attack forever, boring,....... SLEEPING.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I am amazed, I can't find anything in the ITTF handbook about poor umpire decision making and the SOP to handle such issue.

I would imagine under common sense that you can call the referee and complain.....

I don't think there is anything in the rulebook but you could probably complain at the tournament organization. Not sure if they have to do something but if it is really bad like an umpire who can't count correctly they might be willing to change something.
​​​​​
At lower levels of course it is not always easy to find qualified umpires who are willing to do it as it is very time consuming to be an umpire and at lower levels there is little if any payment.

But still tournaments should make sure to put someone there who can stay awake and counts correctly:). Compared to other sports being a tt ump is pretty easy as there are no fouls and no real line calls like in tennis either, either the ball hits the table or not.

Of course at higher levels there are illegal serves but who calls them anyways?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019

I don't think there is anything in the rulebook but you could probably complain at the tournament organization. Not sure if they have to do something but if it is really bad like an umpire who can't count correctly they might be willing to change something.
​​​​​
At lower levels of course it is not always easy to find qualified umpires who are willing to do it as it is very time consuming to be an umpire and at lower levels there is little if any payment.

But still tournaments should make sure to put someone there who can stay awake and counts correctly:). Compared to other sports being a tt ump is pretty easy as there are no fouls and no real line calls like in tennis either, either the ball hits the table or not.

Of course at higher levels there are illegal serves but who calls them anyways?

Call for a referee while the umpire is asleep?