Is MXP-50 too hard for backhand?

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
What is the larger point of doing this?

Like, do you believe using a rubber with three degrees harder sponge will make any measurable difference to the quality of your backhand?

Or maybe you have a bunch of sheets of mxp-50 lying around and you want to use them up? Or it's on a really good sale?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
What is the larger point of doing this?

Like, do you believe using a rubber with three degrees harder sponge will make any measurable difference to the quality of your backhand?

Or maybe you have a bunch of sheets of mxp-50 lying around and you want to use them up? Or it's on a really good sale?

Well the actual reason is because my friend's rubber get's paid for by his school team, so he offered to give me a couple sheets of MXP. So I just wondered whether I should get 2 of the the same rubber, or maybe try the MXP-50 for some variation. But I suppose the variation is pointless if the rubber is too hard to use for BH.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

Well the actual reason is because my friend's rubber get's paid for by his school team, so he offered to give me a couple sheets of MXP. So I just wondered whether I should get 2 of the the same rubber, or maybe try the MXP-50 for some variation. But I suppose the variation is pointless if the rubber is too hard to use for BH.

Mike, you have tried rxton5 right ?
They never give a hardness number they just call it very hard.
So, how hard would it be compared to the MXP 50 ???????????

I have always used hard rubbers on both BH and FH
When I tried to use a boosted commercial H3 Neo 37 on my BH I did not like it and ended up using it as my FH rubber instead. That worked, even I now had an (allegedly) soft FH and a hard BH

What gives ???

says Rozena! You complete me.
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
You can FedEx em MX-P to me anytime, Mike if you decide not to use it. I luve'em! I will call it the best FH rubber I ever played. The speed! That immense trampoline effect! Luv it to bits!

It is one of those rare rubber that can allow me to hit through backspin ball. Hulk smash kind of strokes which I love so much!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

Mike, you have tried rxton5 right ?
They never give a hardness number they just call it very hard.
So, how hard would it be compared to the MXP 50 ???????????

I have always used hard rubbers on both BH and FH
When I tried to use a boosted commercial H3 Neo 37 on my BH I did not like it and ended up using it as my FH rubber instead. That worked, even I now had an (allegedly) soft FH and a hard BH

What gives ???

Yes I have Rxton 5, and I like it a lot. It is indeed very hard. I think it would be like 40 or 41 on the DHS scale.

I'm pretty sure that Rxton 5 would be a few degrees harder than MXP 50. Rxton 5 on the ESN scale might be 54 or 55 I think.

In your case, I really don't know. People with long and powerful FH swings usually like harder rubber on FH. BH swings tend to be more compact, and thus more suitable for slightly softer rubber.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

Yes I have Rxton 5, and I like it a lot. It is indeed very hard. I think it would be like 40 or 41 on the DHS scale.

I'm pretty sure that Rxton 5 would be a few degrees harder than MXP 50. Rxton 5 on the ESN scale might be 54 or 55 I think.

In your case, I really don't know. People with long and powerful FH swings usually like harder rubber on FH. BH swings tend to be more compact, and thus more suitable for slightly softer rubber.

this might be an explanation why hard FH rubbers do not work so much for me, because i have a shitty forehand.
Mind you , now I have the Rxton5 on both sides it works for me.