What is Joola Global Championship?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Aya uploaded this cool video of her playing in the Joola Global Championships.

What is this tournament? Most of the players don't look that advanced, but who gets to go to this tournament? Are all the players sponsored by Joola or something?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Aya uploaded this cool video of her playing in the Joola Global Championships.

What is this tournament? Most of the players don't look that advanced, but who gets to go to this tournament? Are all the players sponsored by Joola or something?

They are not in the top 100 of the world but they look plenty advanced to me 😁

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I'm pretty sure I could beat #5. lol

Google it, it is one of the biggest non ITTF/WTT tournaments on the planet. 1st place singles prize money is around USD25000 if i'm correct. Lots of high level and lower level players there. also hard bats etc. You beating no5? good luck!

Reactions: OldUser and lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

Google it, it is one of the biggest non ITTF/WTT tournaments on the planet. 1st place singles prize money is around USD25000 if i'm correct. Lots of high level and lower level players there. also hard bats etc. You beating no5? good luck!

I think there is a Joola Global Championships with streamed matches on youtube. But that tournament involves actual professional players. I think that is the $25,000 tournament you are referring to.

The matches shown in Aya's youtube video surely is not from the same tournament, right?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

I think there is a Joola Global Championships with streamed matches on youtube. But that tournament involves actual professional players. I think that is the $25,000 tournament you are referring to.

The matches shown in Aya's youtube video surely is not from the same tournament, right?

same, go google it and your answer is there
you will get your answer a lot faster than TTD

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019

same, go google it and your answer is there
you will get your answer a lot faster than TTD

Yep, same tournament. That's one of things that Ayano finds pretty cool about tournaments in the USA. Depending on the tournament, you can find the full range of players from beginner to pro level players.

Reactions: OldUser
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Seems that the open singles finalists were both Olympians and ITTF level players. There's gotta be a huge difference between Olympic level players and even players like Dan, right?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016

Joola Global Championship is a multi level and multi events (open, hardbat, sandpaper, over 40 etc) tournament. It was played in Orlando Florida at the Gaylord Palms Resort with $100,000 usd total prize money. I believe Joola signed a 5 year contract to hold the event... So, if you think you have a chance at the open tournament, we'll see you next year! Oh, And maybe you can take Andrew Baggaley in the sandpaper event.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I think I have a chance to win the U1600 event or the U1400 event, or the U1200 event.

I'm fairly certain that I would win the U1000 event. But Florida is too far.

I think you should first start at 1000, and then work yourself up.
PS, what country are you in? surely there are local tournament you can visit that is a lot closer than Florida?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Well I'm not so serious about playing tournaments. I was just poking fun at the tournament for having literally Olympics playing in the same tournament as U1000 players.

I still struggle against lower level players than high level players. I play my best against 1600-1700 players. I tend to play horrible against lower players. Today I played the same guy who I keep having trouble against his serve. He just only has 1 serve where my eyes tell me it is underspin, but as soon as I touch it, my push is too high and he smashes the next shot.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Well I'm not so serious about playing tournaments. I was just poking fun at the tournament for having literally Olympics playing in the same tournament as U1000 players.

I still struggle against lower level players than high level players. I play my best against 1600-1700 players. I tend to play horrible against lower players. Today I played the same guy who I keep having trouble against his serve. He just only has 1 serve where my eyes tell me it is underspin, but as soon as I touch it, my push is too high and he smashes the next shot.

You would need to play in tournament to be able to claim you play your best against 1600-1700 players.
You need to play against a pool of players, not the same few.

Hope you enjoyed the poking fun.
For most others, I doubt it was perceived as fun though. More like one of those garage players in USA saying hold my beer and all it takes is one spin and the jaw drops

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I stand by my statement that I think I could win the U1000 tournament. If you disagree, that doesn't bother me at all and you have the right to think otherwise.