How do other retailers compete with TableTennis11??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
From what I see, retailers like PaddlePalace and Megaspin have higher prices, higher shipping fees, higher taxes, and no 3 for 4 discount.

How in the world can these retailers compete with TableTennis11? Why would anybody ever buy from PaddlePalace or Megaspin? Unless I'm missing something important

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Megaspin is the home of Butterfly in the US, they don't care being that much pricey, they will always sell millions of blades and rubbers because you can't buy BTY stuff from the non US retailers when you live in the US. Butterfly is also the main USATT sponsor.

Paddle Palace is the distributor for all the other brands, and they work hand in hand with USATT clubs and organizations, they also organize many tournaments. We've got the same stupid sh.t in France with Wack Sport: it's not the company everyone want to buy stuff from, but guess what ? it's one of the FFTT sponsors since... well as far as I remember since always ! and all the kids know Wack Sport because their catalogue is in all the TT clubs, beautiful catalogues with nice pics, nice advertising... wew!

• Sad
Reactions: ricospin and Tipiak
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Megaspin is the home of Butterfly in the US, they don't care being that much pricey, they will always sell millions of blades and rubbers because you can't buy BTY stuff from the non US retailers when you live in the US. Butterfly is also the main USATT sponsor. Paddle Palace is the distributor for all the other brands, and they work hand in hand with USATT clubs and organizations, they also organize many tournaments. We've got the same stupid sh.t in France with Wack Sport: it's not the company everyone want to buy stuff from, but guess what ? it's one of the FFTT sponsors since... well as far as I remember since always ! and all the kids know Wack Sport because their catalogue is in all the TT clubs, beautiful catalogues with nice pics, nice advertising... wew!

Its a bit more complicated than that.

Sadly, but true, each region has sales figures/targets, in return they get certain allocations of marketing/funding/sponsorship. This is common business practice in any industry, so no different in sport goods.

If I have the ability, and providing the customer service quality is decent, I would also support local distributors. Because, those local distributors will "give back" to the local TT environment.
It could be in the forms of tournaments, or pro players getting sponsored - yes, maybe many things don't come back to you as an individual, but it does help the local TT community.

Same token, you buy from overseas - you helping the other countries "local" TT community.
Of course, all distributors are different. Maybe some will indeed use those funding to do some real good, some maybe only soso, so I can't comment to say this is indeed the best, but if you do support local, you could be doing something decent locally.

You get those people that moans about everything, how there is no this or that locally. But then I ask them - do you support local stores? guess what, no.
So I ask, how do you expect local to blossom, if you are one of the reasons why they don't.

Sadly in a way, with the evolving of online stores and cross market selling, it becomes a price war and no longer about funding locally. and a lot of consumer don't care much of local tt community/beneficiary -unless it is directly or indirectly related to them. But a big portion of the consumers expect someone comes and makes things better for them

Paddle Palace - imagine if everyone don't support them and all go to European stores. and when the day PP closes down... how bad it will affect the local communities.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rock-Climber
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
I agree with the OP. When I need rubber the first place I go to is TT11. They have better prices and fast shipping. I don't buy many blades because I don't have a need to change so I don't buy from the other places very much at all. I do see that each retailer tries not to over lap the others. They don't always carry the same brands and even certain models of the same brand. Megaspin supposedly has a price matching feature but if you look at one example of Xiom Omega VII Guang their price is $75. Compare that to TT11 price of $49. It's already a huge difference. When you add on the 30% discount if you spend more that comes out to less than half the price of MegaSpin! I don't see how they can compete in this day and age of fingertip shopping online. One downside is I think TT11 does a lot of volume. They sold out of the Stiga Dragongrip a long time ago and haven't had it back in stock for over 3 months. Where other vendors all show availability. That tells me either they don't sell as many or they kept a huge stock on hand. On the upside is since TT11 does such large volumes they can offer good prices. So I guess there's always a trade off.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShakeHold PenHand