I’ve found cure to EJ

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews

I think it is about 2 years since I bought a fancy Butterfly blade to prove to myself that an expensive blade
will NOT make me a better player........................It did not. 😁

It is maybe 1 year since I sold that Butterfly blade, took the chainsaw, went into the forest , cut some wood
and carved my own blades but this did also not make me a better player............

but i am still happy 🤣

I hope this is not a joke!! I always dream to have a blade crafted from native wood in Aotearoa.

• Haha
Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I've had the same blade for 15 years,I'll never change that but,oh dear I've tried so many different rubbers, some suit my game others don't but I keep trying new ones !!! I have finally found my B.H rubber a Spinlord Orkan 1.8 my B.H has never been so good !!! Just got to find my F.H rubber!!! My girlfriend has been playing for a year,she is improving all the time!!! I've even got her a new set up lol 🤣😂🤣 a Peter Korbel blade with Nittaka fastarc G1 2mm on both sides . I just love trying new F.H rubbers I've got 10 on the waiting list lol 😂😁😂😝

Some say old blades have better feel especially it has been played (not stored) for many years.

I can testify that. My 2016 W968 just feels so good.

• Haha
Reactions: lodro

Some say old blades have better feel especially it has been played (not stored) for many years.

I can testify that. My 2016 W968 just feels so good.

My blade is an American Hiniki WRC 9mm nothing beat the feel of Western Red Cedar blade!!! It has split twice with the grain in the same place!!! Just put some wood glue on and it's as good as new !!! Wish Kevin was still making blades!!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews

My blade is an American Hiniki WRC 9mm nothing beat the feel of Western Red Cedar blade!!! It has split twice with the grain in the same place!!! Just put some wood glue on and it's as good as new !!! Wish Kevin was still making blades!!!!

I have a 10mm Japanese single ply hinoki. At least 10 years of age. Nothing beats that feeling.

i think American hinoki is a bit harder

Reactions: Draycott old man
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I hope this is not a joke!! I always dream to have a blade crafted from native wood in Aotearoa.

I did make my own blades but NO, not from local wood, sorry. I bought some from a chinese supplier and
some I still had left from covering model aircraft wings. I also had a lot of Hybrid laminating material left from
my laminating business and also the glue.
Choosing the correct wood is more than half the secret of blade making and while I CAN tell my Rimu from my Kauri and my Totara from my Kahikatea it was simply too much research work involved to work out the different
qualities of the individual timbers in relation to ping pong. blades.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Trying new equipment is part of the fun of this sport however we should all be thankful we have a cheap hobby Try being a cycling enthusiast and having a case of EJ. Lusting after a new bike every 6 months will drain your savings very quickly.

I am very lucky in that I am too old for fancy bikes. Just back from a 15km ride on my electric bike which is about all
i can take these days without one of my hands getting numb and my arse hurting too much 😁

• Haha
Reactions: Draycott old man
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews

I did make my own blades but NO, not from local wood, sorry. I bought some from a chinese supplier and
some I still had left from covering model aircraft wings. I also had a lot of Hybrid laminating material left from
my laminating business and also the glue.
Choosing the correct wood is more than half the secret of blade making and while I CAN tell my Rimu from my Kauri and my Totara from my Kahikatea it was simply too much research work involved to work out the different
qualities of the individual timbers in relation to ping pong. blades.

Aotearoa wood is an unexplored area in table tennis. Who knows one of our wood might be an exceptional quality. Where are you based in NZ?

I have a 10mm Japanese single ply hinoki. At least 10 years of age. Nothing beats that feeling.

i think American hinoki is a bit harder

I'm not sure if Western Red Cedar is harder Japanese Hinoki !!!! But totally agree with you about the feeling!!! Beautiful!!!!