Tactics ( Asian vs Euro )

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
I agree with Gozo, I think it's mostly the rubber that drives stylistic differences. An H3 player has a big advantage over a Tenergy player in the short-short game. He can be more patient and has more tactical options. One particular advantage is that he can reliably short push even when late to the ball, allowing him to wait for better opportunities for a strong first attack. Since the Tenergy player can't do this as reliably, it's also easier for the H3 player to bait him into weaker open ups that can be counter attacked. Meanwhile, the Tenergy player wants to get to mid distance as soon as possible because his catapult rubber lets him generate power with shorter, more efficient strokes.

This user has no status.
Thanks Matt. I'd recalled it was NDH who made this similar suggestion to my tactics some time ago. Yes, I have been using more long serves in my game with mixed result. I understand that this type of serve is compatible for my play style, seeking a quick 3rd ball attack to quickly to wrest an easy point from my opponent or another advantage with this long serve is to enable me initiate a loop-to-loop rally exchange which I am happy to work with. Unfortunately I am not getting higher percentage win with this tactic mainly due to my own weakness / slow in preparing for the 3rd ball attack. It is still work-in-progress for me. Nonetheless I am happy that my percentage is improving.

How is the performance of your 10.5mm 1 ply racket in pushing short ball and smashing/loop kill long ball? And how do you embed the performance on short ball and long ball into your game? Cheers

Last edited:
says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021

How is the performance of your 10.5mm 1 ply racket in pushing short ball and smashing/loop kill long ball? And how do you embed the performance on short ball and long ball into your game? Cheers

I suxs big time at short play. If the ball is long, I will grin with eagerness.

There is an oft repeated mantra in my club, "Don't give him long, he longs for it. Give him short to kill his shot "

I do not know how to embed this long / short game yet, I am struggling.

This is the type of play style that suits me, not the near table type

Last edited: