First Impressions of Tibhar Evolution EL-D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
Tibhar says this rubber plays "noticeably different than the also excellent EL-P and EL-S versions..."

I can confirm that EL-D does play fairly differently to EL-S, which was one of my favourite rubbers. I attribute the difference to the new sponge they have used here for the new EL-D. It feels somewhat similar to the sponge on the original Rasanter series (R47, R42) without feeling exactly the same. The original EL-S feels slow with the new plastic ball. It is still a good rubber for developing players. On the other hand, EL-D is quite a fast rubber. It is easy to find the white line with EL-D, the trajectory is both high and long. It goes without saying that this is not for developing players as the ball does ping off the bat relatively quickly.

Compare to MX-P, the throw is higher and therefore blocking felt different at first. Once adjusted, I found myself doing a more active kind of blocking which resulted in a spinier ball. The new 45-47 degree sponge does make looping quite easy, but you do need to have a quicker snap to get the most of it. A feedback I have received is that my backhand loops feels slightly slower leaving my bat but kicks more after second bounce (which indicates good spin).

I recommend this to players who are active with their backhand as this rubber rewards active inputs.

My setup is Clipper CR, with EL-D on backhand, and Waran (sp) on forehand.

Other backhand rubbers I have used in the past are:
- EL-S
- Omega VII Euro
- Prov. Neo H3 37
- Neo H3 37
- R48
- V15 Extra
- R47
- Baracuda
- MXP

I really liked the eld especially on my backhand, very good control and good power, for forehand a bit too soft higher levels, but good for low/average level. Here’s a video review of the eld and fxd, there are also English subtitles 😄

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Ive been using FX-D on the BH for a few practice sessions and is so nice! Blocks amazing, great spin, good pace and spin ups feel so easy defo switching to that. I like a softer BH rubber so some may-not like it but if you like T05fx on your BH its worth a try.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
I can't wait to try my EL-D, I screwed up gluing it so never got to use it yet.But I'm contemplating as to what blade I'll use it with.
I have a Sanwei Froster ALC, custom 5ply all wood blade, Loki W01, 729 Yellow blade.
Still undecided as to where to glue it on and what would be a good FH rubber on the opposite side as I plan to use the EL-D on my bh.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Was able to use my EL-D on a Loki W-01 blade, which is yet another Viscaria/TB ALC type blade.
EL-D is great, love the feel, it feels like what I would call the "innerforce" of rubbers. Gives you the soft touch, duller bounce on passive shots and the punch and catapult on active shots.
Love this rubber.

Reactions: FrenchFrog33