Rubber suggestion please.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
I like to stay close to the table, Playing most shots straight off the bounce.
Forehand technique is poor. I tend to flat hit and smash with little to medium top spin.

Backhand is ok and I'm comfortable pushing as well as top spinning.

I use an all-round, 5 ply, wood blade.

I prefer a harder sponge to a soft one.
Not a fan of pips so inverted suggestions only please.

Curious as to whether there are inverted rubbers more suited to close to the table hitting.

Thank you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Thanks lodro.

Just looked on TT11 and there are loads of them.!

anyone in particular?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Thanks lodro.

Just looked on TT11 and there are loads of them.!

anyone in particular?

In order to be able to make more specific suggestions you would have to upload a video of yourself playing.
There is a special thread for that here called safe video (something like that) where the highly qualified players
only are allowed to comment and make suggestion and give helpful advise.

If you can brush the ball just get the standard commercial H3

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Forehand technique is poor. I tend to flat hit and smash with little to medium top spin.

Curious as to whether there are inverted rubbers more suited to close to the table hitting.

Thank you.
Plenty out there!!! What’s your budget?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews

Thank you.

As you say that your forehand technique is poor, I wouldn't go with any Hurricane like rubber. Perhaps something more controllable, and not as spin sensitive instead. Check out something like 729 Presto Max Spin, Sanwei Gear Hyper, 729 Focus III Snipe or Palio AK47. Presto Max Spin and Gear Hyper are quite similar rubbers with a bit harder feeling, and Focus III Snipe and AK47 are quite soft in the feel. Or perhaps LOKI T3, as it is a very special rubber with good grip and a hard sponge that could fit perfect for the forehand game that you describe.

For backhand, as your technique is better I would recommend something not too bouncy and with a good grip like Yinhe Big Dipper, Pimplepark Epos or LOKI GTX Pro.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

As you say that your forehand technique is poor, I wouldn't go with any Hurricane like rubber. Perhaps something more controllable, and not as spin sensitive instead. Check out something like 729 Presto Max Spin, Sanwei Gear Hyper, 729 Focus III Snipe or Palio AK47. Presto Max Spin and Gear Hyper are quite similar rubbers with a bit harder feeling, and Focus III Snipe and AK47 are quite soft in the feel. Or perhaps LOKI T3, as it is a very special rubber with good grip and a hard sponge that could fit perfect for the forehand game that you describe.

For backhand, as your technique is better I would recommend something not too bouncy and with a good grip like Yinhe Big Dipper, Pimplepark Epos or LOKI GTX Pro.

What is gears hyper like?

For me, AK47 and Presto max speed are both bouncy and fast rubbers that rival many tensors in speed. Is gears hyper like that? I notice it has a low speed rating on revspin

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews

What is gears hyper like?

For me, AK47 and Presto max speed are both bouncy and fast rubbers that rival many tensors in speed. Is gears hyper like that? I notice it has a low speed rating on revspin

Gear Hyper is a bit faster than Presto Max Spin to me. A little bit heavier too. The top sheet looks and feels like really good quality and is semi tacky from the start, but it wears off pretty fast. It's an allround rubber with both defensive and offensive qualities. Quite good in all aspects.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Read 3 reviews

Thank you.

For the forehand I recommend using the Donic Desto F1, great speed, great spin, very good for flat hits, can use it to improve forehand technique.
For the backhand, I think you should go for a spinny rubber such as the Yasaka Rakza X, Yasaka Rakza X soft or use the Donic Desto F1 on both sides.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019

Hurricane isn't spin sensitive, and have lots of control.

• Haha
Reactions: lodro and mocker88
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022
Even after whatever rubbers you decide on, I would recommend trying to improve your forehand nevertheless: practice closing the blade and brushing over the top of the ball.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Even after whatever rubbers you decide on, I would recommend trying to improve your forehand nevertheless: practice closing the blade and brushing over the top of the ball.

100 % agree and to train those brushed FH topspin shots it is very difficult to ignore a nice Hurricane 3 or even
the RXTON 5 which does the same service and is even cheaper to buy than the H3

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

Thank you.

i sent you a PM