Hammond Z2

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
I just put my Hammond Z2 max on my Amultart blade. The speed doesn't seem that fast. My opponent remarked that he thinks the penetration on my shots are shorter than the previous Xiom Omega VII I used. I feel the spin is better and control is better but not that fast. I have to play some more but my initial thoughts are that the sponge is relatively soft and I can sink the ball into the blade easily, not too much catapult effect but maintains control.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I just put my Hammond Z2 max on my Amultart blade. The speed doesn't seem that fast. My opponent remarked that he thinks the penetration on my shots are shorter than the previous Xiom Omega VII I used. I feel the spin is better and control is better but not that fast. I have to play some more but my initial thoughts are that the sponge is relatively soft and I can sink the ball into the blade easily, not too much catapult effect but maintains control.

what does "penetration on my shots are shorter" mean? You mean the length of your shots are closer to the net?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Some months in, how is the durability of the Z2?

The original Stiga Mantra came from the same factory and were very good but only for a few weeks. Now there are new Mantras and this rubber. The Z2 have been getting raving reviews. Still?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022

The original Stiga Mantra came from the same factory and were very good but only for a few weeks. Now there are new Mantras and this rubber. The Z2 have been getting raving reviews. Still?
I know a few guys using old Z2 rubbers still going strong after a while

Hmm, I just got two sheets from TT11 s weekly special last week. Thing is I really hate Stiga Mantra. I really hope this isn’t similar.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Well, its just the same manufacturer. They don't have to play similar at all.
I did like the Mantras. The Mantra M was a very good Tenergy 05-clone. Until the sponge died....

Well, its just the same manufacturer. They don't have to play similar at all.
I did like the Mantras. The Mantra M was a very good Tenergy 05-clone. Until the sponge died....
I disagree totally, T05 is much more dynamic. With Mantra not much at all happens.
If Hammond Z2 is similar it will be dead for me, I will report back in this thread soon.

Cheers
L-zr

Correct, nothing at all like Mantra.
I own 2 identical blades. The reason I abandoned SDC was to try rubbers under identical conditions. Now I have.

On one blade I have tenergy05 on FH and tenergy 05FX on backhand.

Last week TT11 had Hammond Z2 on sale and I had just read Thomas pong saying that it is really close to tenergy05.
I ordered 2 sheets and one sheet of Donic Acuda blue P2 for BH

OK Let’s compare:
Thomas was kind of correct but not completely. 05 is still king, more spin and more catapult.

What I missed with Hammond:
- The great feeling of balls shooting out like a canon ball while looping.
- Lifting under spin was not a problem but with Hammond I was less powerful.

What was similar:
- Topspin drives where the Hammond has a slightly flatter trajectory, so you need to close the bat a tiny bit more but for me this is fine.

What I did better with Hammond:
- Quite a bit more marginal during serve receive and the short game.

The bottom line is how much You will miss the great feeling during looping compared to the higher marginals during serve receive and the short game. This I think will determine if you are going to like this rubber or not.

I feel I will do better with Tenergy 05 against offensive players and against defensive players with Hammond.

I will keep playing with it for some time and see if I can increase the power of my loops.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Is Hammond z2 close to Rakza 7 in terms of control? Interested in trying z2 but worried it is too difficult to use.

Is Hammond z2 close to Rakza 7 in terms of control? Interested in trying z2 but worried it is too difficult to use.
It’s faster and spinnier. Speed is the inverse of control. And also if a rubber is spinnier it is also reacting more to incoming spin. It’s gonna be more difficult to control but nowhere near Tenergy.

Cheers
L-.zr

Reactions: matti77
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Would you say there are better options for a backhand rubber for an advanced intermediate player? I use Rasanter r48 now, which I can handle.