Hammond Z2

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Hi Haraold,

I do not believe Nate is retired, he recently completed his PhD and moved to a big city for new employment in his career. Naturally, being a reasonable man, Nate does not have the priority to be making all those nice heavy blades. I would think at some point he would get back into it.

More members asking for blades would certainly help Nate want to get back into it later.

Reactions: Haraold
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Yes Haraold, you have it. GENAU. You hit the nail on the head. I have made MANY blade purchases for the only reason was I WANTED TO FEEL what the blade was like. I have so many damn blades and bat setup on my hockey roller bag I store my daily TT gear in, I literally have 20 bats ready to go... I can pick up any damn one of them out of the blue and play my level with it.

I actually did that in a 2020 tourney, I smashed my bat bad wrist on a corner on a ball I THOUGHT was half long... broke blade clean off handle, made many in venue think I damaged the table (with my wrist impact on table)... then I picked up out of my bag a Nexy designed Tibhar Akkad and went to work, won that match from 1-2 down and several others vs 2000+ opponents... easily one of my better tourney performances.

Reactions: Haraold
This user has no status.

It does feel somewhat similar to Tenergy, but it is faster and has a lower throw angle and also it is a lot stiffer

As ever its entirely subjective. Blade used, playing style, technique etc, all of these will make it unique to the user. I don't feel its stiff or has a low throw angle

This user has no status.

how does Z2 behave in max?
I only play it in 1.8mm and still think its fast as hell,
SPin is really on a great levele for that topsheet,the throw Angle is what,is the hardest part for myself.
If i dont go full in on a swing ,there isnt much katapult say like the Xiom v47.5.
Would be nice to know how to tame the beast:)
And yes i am training 2 times a week + League.
I play with the idea of playing the Z2 on Bh and the Xiom on FH now (v47.5 is 2mm).
Blade is a custum Barwell Fleet like Blade in Hexagonal shape with outer Spectra and Walnut final layer.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

how does Z2 behave in max?
I only play it in 1.8mm and still think its fast as hell,
SPin is really on a great levele for that topsheet,the throw Angle is what,is the hardest part for myself.
If i dont go full in on a swing ,there isnt much katapult say like the Xiom v47.5.
Would be nice to know how to tame the beast:)
And yes i am training 2 times a week + League.
I play with the idea of playing the Z2 on Bh and the Xiom on FH now (v47.5 is 2mm).

Hi Haraold,

What is your level?

I have been practicing a little with Z2 on the BH in 2.0. It's very very fast and responsive and spinny and I absolutely love it. It's already incredible, but I think would be even more powerful in Max thickness.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Now if I were to say Haraold had a 1GB best of collection of Freddy Quinn on his handy phone then that would be an egregious accusation of being OLDER than Geezer.

Still, his Vergangen, Vergessen, Vorbei song can be a nice example of how to forget bad points in table tennis and keep a good attitude.

This user has no status.

I can´t say i have it on my Phone,but everybody knows that Song.
Or a Roland Kaiser or a Lindenberg,Westernhagen oder Grönemeyer.
But i am more of the Kraftwerk Generation,so i am not really old yet,but it sums up year after year:)
So i Need a Rubber who keeps me young even in 1.8,where i have to play active,if i were 25-30 younger i would play that thing in Max,too:=)

This user has no status.
yeah i have to adjust my stroke to the modern era,mine is still long stroke with either much side and lower topspinrotation(is there a Magnus Effect for Sidespin?kidding as Isaac Newton would,lol)
I also play smashes quite often,instead of counterspin.my anticipation is lacking cause i didnt play trough all these Years,but in my youth i had a very good Training.
Not to compare it to provincial teams in Asia,but the "german version" called "Stützpunktraining" back then.
My problem is to adjust to more forward and lower trajectory with more rotation,but ist hard when you are older and trained to either block or counterpunch/smash.
But its getting better with counterspin rallies,but that lines up with training and more Reading and adjusting.
But there is probably a point to max with the Polyball.
played today two matches,won both but ****ed up the double cause of stupid mistakes or lack of effort when oppurtunity was there.
My team lost,so played shitty won my solos but we lost,so it was a good Leeague match but if we loose i dont give a **** if i play or win my games tbh.
I´ll try to do my best,but if you play in a Team its about the team.
In tournaments it maybe another story,you play for yourself.
Well totally offtopic from the Hammond Z2 sry.
Played better with Xiom 47.5 mm on Bh and the Hammond 1.8 on FH.

Last edited: