REvolution 3 products - review

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
I have the press, but don't really find it too useful. I know the theory behind it is when rubbers are curled up because of boosting or what-not, pressing on it will make it stick better on the edges. But the problem is, when this happens, usually it's not because the layers of glue not sticking to each other, it's usually the glue layer on the blade being peeled up a little at the edges. Because the glue on the rubber is stuck on really well with the glue on the blade, then the curling of the rubber peeled the glue off the blade, meaning no amount of pressing will make it stick to the blade again.

Last edited:
Reactions: jammmail
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
I have the press, but don't really find it too useful. I know the theory behind it is when rubbers are curled up because of boosting or what-not, pressing on it will make it stick better on the edges. But the problem is, when this happens, usually it's not because the layers of glue not sticking to each other, it's usually the glue layer on the blade being peeled up a little at the edges. Because the glue on the rubber is stuck on really well with the glue on the blade, then the curling of the rubber peeled the glue off the blade, meaning no amount of pressing will make it stick to the blade again.

I do like your cutting setup though that i remember you posting before - that looks really useful

Reactions: DukeGaGa
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020

Hey Duke, I totally follow your logic, and I know it is backed by experience. But let's assume we manage to put the rubber on a blade so that during that short time the rubber doesn't detach from the blade (as you described), even not on the edges. And let's say we leave it now. My experience is that the "curled" :) rubber will tend to go up on edges. Some kind of barrier helps! The press helps here, at this point.

Earlier, I put some books on it. Later, I simply made my press. I wouldn't mention it, because you know, this is PP's thread, and I think his product is good, and I think there is market for, and I'm sure it will find its users. Cheers.

Btw. in the thread TT rubbers are like... I was thinking, if TT rubbers were really as expensive as women, DuckGaGa might even experience the thought "should I?" in his head for the 1st time in his life :)

P.S. Pls post the cutting setup jammmail is talking about again, I don't remember it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
Hey Duke, I totally follow your logic, and I know it is backed by experience. But let's assume we manage to put the rubber on a blade so that during that short time the rubber doesn't detach from the blade (as you described), even not on the edges. And let's say we leave it now. My experience is that the "curled" :) rubber will tend to go up on edges. Some kind of barrier helps! The press helps here, at this point.

Earlier, I put some books on it. Later, I simply made my press. I wouldn't mention it, because you know, this is PP's thread, and I think his product is good, and I think there is market for, and I'm sure it will find its users. Cheers.

Btw. in the thread TT rubbers are like... I was thinking, if TT rubbers were really as expensive as women, DuckGaGa might even experience the thought "should I?" in his head for the 1st time in his life :)

P.S. Pls post the cutting setup jammmail is talking about again, I don't remember it.

All I’m saying is that, the first point of failure in all things is always the weakest link. And in the situation of rubber gluing it is not the bond between the glue layers, rather it’s the bond between the other surfaces (either the sponge or the wood) and the glue. So if the rubber’s curl is strong enough, it’ll first peel off the glue from that other surface, not the two glue layers that got attached to each other during the gluing process. So… I really don’t see a use case of this press, at least not for water based glue, it might be useful for speed glue since I’ve heard of those glues not sticking with each other as well as water based glue.

Oh, and if it’s new rubber, there really isn’t a time that the curled rubber isn’t peeled off at the edges, because when you’re cutting the rubbers, the pressure from the blade is enough to get it detached at the edges. But anyways, even if the rubbers are peeled up a bit at the edges, it shouldn’t be a problem really, it’s maybe a few millimeters and way off the sweet spot, if you’re hitting the ball there the ball will most likely already be going off the table anyways lol

And this is the setup https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?26711-FS-Lots-of-blades-(30-)-and-rubbers-(lost-count-)-US-only&p=362135&viewfull=1#post362135

Last edited:
Reactions: latej