Rubbers for Primorac OFF-

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Hi!

Maybe someone has experience with Primorac OFF- (mine is japanese 20-y old) and could recommend what rubbers work well with it.
I currently have Donic Acuda S3 on the BH and Donic Bluefire M3 on the FH, both 1.8mm. I'm intermediate player, my technical level is not high so I don't want a paddle that is too fast, however, I have the feeling that these rubbers on this blade are bit lacking in dynamics. Playing close to the table is OK but when I move few meters away from the table it starts to lack power. I think that maybe it is a matter of the fact that these rubbers are very soft so maybe on this blade, which is not very stiff, a little harder rubbers would work better (but on the other hand I like the nice soft feel and I suppose that at my level softer rubbers give a better feel and make it easier for me to play topspin from backspin balls).

A lot of people generally recommend the Rakza 7 Soft, although I don't know how it will perform on this blade, as I've also come across some feedback that it is very bouncy.

I would prefer rather high arc. I like offensive game but I'm not fast enough to be real offensive player, so we can say that I'm all round player trying to be aggresive and find occasion for finishing stroke. Anyway, I prefer topspins, loops, flicks over defensive pushes.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Thanks for the advices, it now remains for me to decide whether Rozena or Rakza 7 / Rakza 7 soft.
I see that Rozena is rated as not very fast but a very pleasant and well-balanced rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
I would go for whichever you can pick up the cheapest as they are both good rubbers. Personally i think Rozena is a little bouncier and quicker than Rakza - but thats only person opinion.

The old Primorac is a great blade btw - i have an old one with a black tag from when i was a kid.

Last edited:

I think Rozena is really oddly underrated and overlooked. I think its a really good rubber and really cheap

I have to disagree with You here, I think Rozena is a lame duck, Rakza 7 on the other hand is both lively and easier to create spin with.
Rozena may have a higher spin at the top end but is definitely harder to create spin at the low - mid end.
I have played with both back to back on my Primo carbon.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
I would go for whichever you can pick up the cheapest as they are both good rubbers. Personally i think Rozena is a little bouncier and quicker than Rakza - but thats only person opinion.

The old Primorac is a great blade btw - i have an old one with a black tag from when i was a kid.

Yes, I'm lucky. I bought this blade 25 years ago, then stopped playing but fortunately I kept it all the time in the cupboard in a cover and it is in a very good condition. I have heard that these newly produced Primoracs are not of such good quality anymore.

Reactions: jammmail

mat

This user has no status.

mat

This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Hi!

Maybe someone has experience with Primorac OFF- (mine is japanese 20-y old) and could recommend what rubbers work well with it.
I currently have Donic Acuda S3 on the BH and Donic Bluefire M3 on the FH, both 1.8mm. I'm intermediate player, my technical level is not high so I don't want a paddle that is too fast, however, I have the feeling that these rubbers on this blade are bit lacking in dynamics. Playing close to the table is OK but when I move few meters away from the table it starts to lack power. I think that maybe it is a matter of the fact that these rubbers are very soft so maybe on this blade, which is not very stiff, a little harder rubbers would work better (but on the other hand I like the nice soft feel and I suppose that at my level softer rubbers give a better feel and make it easier for me to play topspin from backspin balls).

A lot of people generally recommend the Rakza 7 Soft, although I don't know how it will perform on this blade, as I've also come across some feedback that it is very bouncy.

I would prefer rather high arc. I like offensive game but I'm not fast enough to be real offensive player, so we can say that I'm all round player trying to be aggresive and find occasion for finishing stroke. Anyway, I prefer topspins, loops, flicks over defensive pushes.
Hi,
Between M3 and S3 which one has higher arc, speed, spun, control?
Did you play with xiom vega europe? Any difference between xve and m3 and s3?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
I have to disagree with You here, I think Rozena is a lame duck, Rakza 7 on the other hand is both lively and easier to create spin with.
Rozena may have a higher spin at the top end but is definitely harder to create spin at the low - mid end.
I have played with both back to back on my Primo carbon.

Cheers
L-zr

As a counter point, I feel the opposite - Rozena is a really solid all round great rubber without the dangers that T05 brings. I too like R7 but would choose Rozena if my life depended on winning a match!

As a counter point, I feel the opposite - Rozena is a really solid all round great rubber without the dangers that T05 brings. I too like R7 but would choose Rozena if my life depended on winning a match!
Yes we definitely disagree…

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: Wrighty67
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Hi,
Between M3 and S3 which one has higher arc, speed, spun, control?
Did you play with xiom vega europe? Any difference between xve and m3 and s3?
Speed : M3
Spin : slow hits = S3, fast hits = M3
Control : S3
Generally I liked S3 more, it's enjoyable rubber, very soft so I wouldn't use on FH for sure, but on BH for players who like very soft rubbers should be good choice. On the other hand M3 is a more recent rubber (but of course newer not always means better).

I haven't played with vega europe.

Reactions: mat
Hi!

Why not going for S2 and M2? A bit harder and more powerful versions of what you're already using. And you can also dare to try using a bit thicker sponge, like 2.0

Reactions: Peppa Pig