Is any non-Chinese player out there a potential WR #1?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Are there any promising non-Chinese players out there who have the potential for becoming WR #1 at some point? What about the Japanese player Koki Niwa who recently beat Ma Long?

Can any player in our time do it?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Koki can develop to be a #1 for sure. For the rest, Dima is relatively young I think, he might do good in the future. Also Kim Min Seok can be pretty good I think. But in normal circumstances Ma Long and Zhang Jike will compete for the #1 spot for the coming decade, with Xu Xin joining in in a year or two.

says Wangliqin Stop Spamming [IMG]
says Wangliqin Stop Spamming [IMG]
Oct 2010
oh that's a toughie. You are looking at a nation which devote lots and lots of resources to make ping pong the National Sport

I believe the right question should be, which nation is most likely to nurture the next world class player ? by sheer player volumes, right environment and all that mental/physical conditions..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
with nowadays system in PTMSI, it still hard to realize even to reach the big 100.. :p

but we have some chances in badminton :D

That's why I said in a few decades, fellow warrior.
If our generation couldn't reach the top, we must hoist the generation below us.
If Anton Suseno has reached at least WR 128, there is little to no doubt that with a good human resource management, the generation below us could reach world number one.

We need people INside to change the rather corrupt system here in our nation.
That's what I will do (hopefully not only me).
I have a great dream for our table tennis here in Indonesia, brother.
I hope you too have the same.