AGM 2022 Amman, Jordan - Propositions & Nominations

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
https://www.ittf.com/2022/08/29/amman-host-first-ever-ittf-summit-december/

Where can I see a final list of final propositions & nominations ? The deadline to submit was September 6, 2022

I realize 1 week after deadline is too early to ask for this but should there be deadline (such as 2 months before AGM) to make the final list public so there can be enough discussions ?
Also I realize ITTF top dogs don't care much about what is discussed in a forum but there can be enough input from anyone sent to those who actually vote at AGMs
Actually I am not sure if even voting members know about th propositions & nominations just before the AGM itself

ITTF has been making transcripts of past two AGMS available, which good but is far from sufficient.
I think transcripts of all the previous AGM, BGM, EGMs etc must be uploaded to ITTF website & not get lost like what happened in 2020 & ITTF had to pay a steep price to get them back

Last edited:
Reactions: SofaChamp
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
I've played VB for a while so I had to switch from old serving rule to new rule. The new rule did make a sense because the server's team was simply loosing the serve, giving it the opponents team, with 1 point awarded to the opponents. Talk about unfairness... because a let ball serve in VB has so few consequence.

The let ball in VB has not so much consequences cos' the net is quite high compared to the receiving team positions on court, so the receiving team has enough time to get the ball before it touches the ground. Not the same AT ALL in TT: the reaction time has sometime to be really quick and sometimes it's really too late ! it will lead to some unfair situations for sure.

The expedite system excuse... come on... it's not fencing or handball, the fencing epee category has been a nightmare for decades cos' indeed that category allows double touches without having to take the initiative first, as opposed to the fleuret category where you have to take the intiative i.e. crossing the opponent's fleuret in a clear moving forward motion or make a clear parry and riposte in a defensive position to score, no double touches like in epee i.e. each of the opponents can touch themselves without any crossing swords or parry and riposte, leading to sometimes 5 minutes of literally NO ACTION !

Handball has been a stupid thing too cos' a team having the ball in hands could pass the ball without even trying to score if it didn't want to: wait out the clock. In Basket Ball they solved to problem with the 24 seconds clocks, I think it will happen in HB too and it will be a good thing cos' the current rules state the referee has to decide if he wants the ttacking team to start a clear manoeuver to score a goal.

TT doesn't have any halves or quarters or whatelse, TT doesn't have any double touches rules: each time a serve clears the net, there will be a point scored in no more than 30 seconds at worse ! tennis is way longer for example, the tie break changes in the final set were indeed the right way after that ridiculous Isner-Mahut match in Wimbledon 2010, the expedite time in TT is total nonsense.