Dealing with sticky / dampened floor

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
Where I train table tennis, the floor is a typical school gym floor, which is also slightly slippery, as it is quite dusty. I played a national tt tournament this weekend in a basketball hall, and the floor there was very grippy, almost sticky, and it felt like it was dampened. You could feel how you sink in a small bit. It was very hard for me to get my footwork to work properly (not only for me, but for everyone else from my club). Balls that were played in my wide forehand were impossible to hit, as I was always standing incorrectly due to my slower footwork. Does anybody else have experience with those kind of conditions?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
Between points step on a wet towel to enhance your grip. Regarding the bounce there’s not really something you can do except trying to adapt.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
theres a badminton hall we play in occasionally and that floor must be slightly sprung and it means the pace of the table feels slower. Its just something you have to adapt to though.
Agree though at slippy halls its good to have a wet towel to rub your shoes on every now and then.