OSP Blades

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020

hello everybody ! I made a search and didn’t find any topic about all the proposition of OSP Blades.
I discover this trend 8 years ago. I had already heard about it but didn’t try myself. When the plastic ball came in, I was reaaaally annoyed 😥
All my game is about spin, trying to close service and return in order to place heavy topspin and finish the point after. And I struggled very hard to be used to this new ball…
OSP saved my game ! The first thing I can tell about these blades is that they allow to put very heavy spin on the ball. When I picked my first OSP blade, a Ultimate, it was a liberation for me. I could finally play like I always did !
Of course, as long as I was training, I have been able to get used to this f… ball after all. But the first light in the dark really came from OSP.

I bought several blades from OSP after, depending of what style I wanted to play, more controlled, more offensive… I even had a defensive style period… I always could fine a OSP to fit my game. Now I am back to the blades I have always loved, 7 plis wood blades similar to Clipper, DHS 506 (played it 5 years before OSP) : OSP Ultimate 2, or Martin AC (aramid carbon outer).
The blade on the photos is the one of my son, a Cpen Origo which is the one-to-go blade for beginners or allround players (my son is 10). I let you look at the astonishing quality of handcraft… and all the blades give its level of quality, not only the more expansive ones.

I want to be clear : I am not endorsed, I am a intermediate level regional player in France, nor am I payed by OSP. Robert Palatinus, the OSP boss and worker, became a friend along the years, because of my loving his work, because of his constance on quality, and because of his sympathy. So I talk about his work on forums… he really deserve it ! And he gave me confidence to organize « test tours » of his new blades, here in France.
Then, I have good knowledge of his blades, fabrication, different models… you can ask me if you have questions !
Here is the OSP blades link : https://ospblades.com

I hope it is allowed, don’t wanna make advertising, just create a place where we can talk about this trend.😉

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Hi Guys,
I would like to share my thoughts about my OSP blades.I own two blades from OSP, Virtuoso + and Virtuoso Off-. My teammate has OSP Expert 2 blade and I was in a good position to try and compare these 3 blades during our training sessions.

1, Virtuoso +
Let`s start with Virtuoso +. I contacted Robert (OSP owner) seeking more information about his blades. I played with Butterfly Korbel (Japanese one) for a while, so I wanted to purchase something similar 5 Ply wood blade like Korbel. Robert recommended Virtuoso + and I ordered my first blade from OSP.
Virtuoso + : Size S , 157mmx 150mm, 85.2 grams, Flared. (I requested light-ish blade around 85 grams) Lead time was 1 week.
I was really surprised when the blade arrived. The Quality of the blade was absolutely fantastic. The surface of the blade was very smooth, everything was rounded, no sharp edges, the handle was very comfortable and the Finish was exceptional. I own many blades from different TT brands, but I cannot compare any of them with OSP. The craftmanship of the blade is superb, the Quality is just on different level, first class, premium design.
Game:
I started to play with Virtuous +. My TT style is controlled offensive from mid distance and close to the table. I like looping/top spinning a lot and pushing, driving and blocking close to the table. I can do everything with this blade. I put medium hard Baracuda rubber on it (both sides) and I was able to generate enormous spin with mid-high arc. Short game was difficult first time, so I had to adopt. Sometimes I pushed the ball too long. Virtuoso + is fast wood blade with good control and feedback. I felt the blade was slightly head heavy.
However, I like experimenting with different blades, so I ordered a Virtuoso Off – blade as well.

2, Virtuoso OFF-
Virtuoso Off- : Size M, 158mm-150mm, 86grams, Flared (Weight requested by me) (Baracuda FH, Joola Rhyzen Ice BH)
I wanted to improve my short game close to the net and ball placement. I received my 2nd OSP blade with the same high-quality finish.
IF I compare V- with V+, I would say:
Virtuoso OFF- blade a little bit slower blade, it is more flexible, less stiff and the control is amazing. The feedback and vibration are just perfect for me on the handle. I really like it. Dwell time is longer than V+ and I can initiate huge spin anytime with this blade. Looping with mid-high arc feels natural. Short game is better as well, ball placement is fantastic due to the increased control. Very easy to play with V-. I requested a slightly narrower Flared handle than Virtuoso + and Robert delivered this. Handle was more comfortable with smooth finish.

3, Expert 2
I have played with Expert 2 for one hour only. Size M , Flared. (Baracuda FH, Joola Rhyzen Ice BH.)
Expert 2 is slower than V- but the control is better. Fantastic blade , feedback , vibration, control were excellent. However, I had to work hard from mid distance and far from the table. Obviously the blade is slower and you need physical strength, more power to keep the ball on the table. Apart from that, I had positive experience with Expert 2.

My favourite is the Virtuoso off - , which suits to my level and style at this moment.Obviously everyone can find different kind of blades on OSP website, lots of choices available whatever you prefer or fit your game or level. I prefer wood blade, it is the best choice for me.

My best experience with OSP was the customization of the blade. I requested minor modification about the handle size, I determined the weight, the head size and there was an opportunity to play with the centre of the gravity of the blade. The blade was designed for me and this kind of personal touch means a lot. Communication was excellent, Robert really can help you to find your perfect blade which match your playing style.
I am really happy with my OSP experience and I would highly recommend OSP blades to everyone.

Many thanks
Tamas

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
I wrote a loooooong answer and I deleted it by mistake 😫
Very good review. The Virtuoso is probably the most emblematic blade from OSP. It is an absolute one-to-go for a tospin controlled game, close to the table or 1m50 from it. Very easy for opening strokes, much spin on the ball, very easy to manage the short game. The blade is not so stiff so it may be less easy to block hard topspins, for that the Virtuoso+ is far better (but less easy in topspin, on the other side). Again, to make the point with hard topspins, you have to give yourself the power to the ball.

A new deal is the Virtuoso AC, which is a Virtuoso with two plies of arylate carbon close to the core (inner construction).
It keeps a woody feeling, and the opening strokes from the Virtuoso, very good short game too, but helps you much to accelerate the ball in topspin, and is more consistent in blocks and counter strokes. It’s a modern version from the Virtuoso, more versatile and efficious at higher level.

Reactions: Ray
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Has anyone of you had a problem with order or contact with OSP manufacturer?
I ordered 2 Virtuosos on March, 3rd, payed by Paypall placing the order, and have not received any update until now. Status from March, 3rd is payment accepted. In delivery section is mentioned that for blade it takes 5-7 days for shipment. It is 15th already and nothing changed.
I asked yesterday via details for order and has not got any answer. Today replied to email received when placing the order, I hope I will get any info back. I started worrying a little bit.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
I own 3 OSP blades and never got a problem with them.
How long have you waited for any update if any or for dispatching your package after you placed the order/payed?
1678888637257.png

Since 3rd of March, "no response from the server" :(

//edit: couple minutes ago received information that package has been shipped...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
I muet admit that sometimes the messages are not as accurate as other sellers, but you can trust in honesty of Robert Palatinus. If you have any issue, contact him on Messenger.

There will be soon good news about OSP, a new blade serie is approaching, with Zylon Carbon fiber on board ! 😍 I will talk about it later.

Reactions: Ray
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Hi, could you please let me know your thoughts or maybe you have experience with OSP - ST handles.
Which of them is real ST?
1680786505745.png

SQst, Rst, or ELcon?
I've looked on my Nittaku Acoustic ST and it somewhere in between SQst and RST.
IMG_2332.jpeg

I heard that Timo Boll ALC ST is a little bit squared so seems to be SQst but let say Viscaria or FZD to which of OSP ST handles is closer.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
SQest is squared ST like Timo Boll ALC. RST is Round ST. ELCON is conical like old stiga blades. It’s your taste. My choice is 1- FL 2- RST. Very sweet.

Reactions: disaster3
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Can they make super large (170 mm by 170 mm) asymmetric blades for away from the table choppers ?
I did not see any listed at their website
Thanks
You should contact them. I got them to make a blade that was not on their list of blades. I told them what I wanted, I told them specifics for each individual ply and the size of the blade. And they made it. I liked the Virtuoso Plus better than the custom blade they made me. But not by much. It was in 2015 so....I don't know if they do this anymore. But they did back then.

But you could also have someone like Sergio (hipnotic, SDC blades) or any of the other blade makers who are active on the site make a blade that is completely custom designed for you.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
There is no pricing on the website? How do you purchase their blades?
If you click on a specific blade, when you look at that blade, somewhere on the page, like below the photo of the blade, there will be a red button that says: "Order Now." When you click on that, you see the price.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
OK

LOL
I had Sergio make one during COVID. It was OK but I had it made too small for my taste. It was kind of too slow for me but it was very lite & so was only good for chop blocking. I was able to chop block the hell out of loops like the highest pro when I hit it right. It is an asymmetric blade with carbon only on attack side & some slow woods on defensive side .
I kind of had enough with semi-large & large blades (like this one made by Sergio) & I will probably list this blade here along with 2 Hallmark Combination Ultra blades & one is modified to have carbon on attack side. I also have a Giant Dragon Kris 2 still in the box as it seems too small & I also have two giant dragon over imagine defense unused
Well, now is your chance to get a truly large blade. Why not go for 210mm x 220mm? And you also get to choose the kind of glue you want for laminating and the specific plies and how thick you want them. :)

Have fun designing your fantasy TT blade.

Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp