This user has no status.
Sep 2022
037af49c533e5a82bee26c976fc8fc4a.jpg

Here it is. Slow but full of control.

Reactions: sasho
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022

It is not only the speed of the blade that makes it challenging for a beginner. Viscaria is also very stiff which makes it more difficult to spin the ball. Putting on slow rubbers will not help making the blade more flexible.

EXACTLY

Some people want to believe, and make everything possible to push that belief on others ! that it's easy to use a fast blade with slow rubbers, but it's not the case at all: the blade is the most important component of the racket, it's from the blade that all the important informations such as vibrations, dwell, sense of control and speed (reaction so), come. It's like having a powerfull car with small tyres on it : you won't be able to feel how the car reacts, you won't be able to feel the grip, that's why family cars have tyres made for everyone so that EVRYONE is able to feel and control the car, and Ferrarri/Porsche/Bugatti ones have bigger ones specially tailored for competition by Pirelli or Michelin, tailored for people that have a greater experience with that kind of vehicles, people that have a better feeling of the road. And in that case you need bigger tyres so that you can either feel the car/road + transfer its potential to the road.

Reactions: Knuckle Ball
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Hmmm... I am using a viscaria. And yes. I consider myself a newbie. Last played probably 30 years ago.

Well.. Yes.. I think adapted to the Viscaria pretty quick.

Have I given all wood a thought? Yes.

Am I using quick rubbers? Yes too.

I guess by putting in more hours and learning how to play with what you have made it easier. Not perfect. Not sure if I can do better with a coach. But I guess I ll seek a coach and see how it goes.

Note: I am a casual 3 times a week player.

Reactions: sasho
Hmmm... I am using a viscaria. And yes. I consider myself a newbie. Last played probably 30 years ago.

Well.. Yes.. I think adapted to the Viscaria pretty quick.

Have I given all wood a thought? Yes.

Am I using quick rubbers? Yes too.

I guess by putting in more hours and learning how to play with what you have made it easier. Not perfect. Not sure if I can do better with a coach. But I guess I ll seek a coach and see how it goes.

Note: I am a casual 3 times a week player.
What rubbers are You using?

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
What rubbers are You using?

Cheers
L-zr

FH: Hurricane 3 National
BH: Xiom Omega 7

Had issues with the H3 initially. Needs more lifting strength for short touch plays.
The xiom is great for BH. Love it.

Also used my daughter s Donic M1/M2 combo (Original Senso Carbon). Viscaria vs Original Senso, I think I ll prefer the Donic blade due to more 'feedback feeling'? Not sure if I am describing it right.