Me on my Robot ?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

Thanks lodro!!! I've tried all day and it just won't accept my video!!!!! Probably done me a favour lol 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Not really, you have made the video and mustered all the courage to post it here to show the whole world.
You deserve to be rewarded.
I am also 1.5 kg too heavy and will not show myself here. (just kidding , it is 15 kgs 🤣 )
When i play doubles , one of my partners reckoned that I was very reliable, he always knows where
I will stand, just like a tree in the forest 😂

What robot do you have ?
I have the Tennirobo

Not really, you have made the video and mustered all the courage to post it here to show the whole world.
You deserve to be rewarded.
I am also 1.5 kg too heavy and will not show myself here. (just kidding , it is 15 kgs 🤣 )
When i play doubles , one of my partners reckoned that I was very reliable, he always knows where
I will stand, just like a tree in the forest 😂

What robot do you have ?
I have the Tennirobo

I only have Tibhar Robo Junior but it's good enough for me very reasonable price !!!! Keeps me entertained 😉!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022
Be careful. I found that Robo pro junior was a gateway drug into “investing” in a more sophisticated robot.🤣
I used mine for about a year, found it useful, then I came into some spare cash and sent it all to power pong🙄
There’s no way I would have bought such an expensive (and wonderful) machine without the Robo pro junior setting me along the path!

Reactions: Draycott old man
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022
I do want to see your video, and see how you’re using your robot.
I’m thinking that if you play at draycott you are probably a very decent player, certainly all of draycott players I come across in the local leagues are!

I do want to see your video, and see how you’re using your robot.
I’m thinking that if you play at draycott you are probably a very decent player, certainly all of draycott players I come across in the local leagues are!

Hi AchyGeorge I'm certainly good enough to play in the local leagues!!! I used to love it years ago 😂😁😂 but now I'm enjoying coaching my girlfriend,she is improving every week !!!! I train on my robot everyday!!! And go to Draycott 3 times a week!!!! I love Table tennis so much 😁!!!!

Reactions: AchyGeorge
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Any advice would be appreciated 😁 !!!!

HI D-OM
It seems to me you know what you are doing and you look very smooth.
Maybe you could nvolve the right knee in generatng spin/power. (Getting yr head closer to the ball will bring your body into the shot a bit better.
If yr robot can only one make type of shot at a tiime then a backspin ball is probably a good choice.
suggestons
When i set up mine for this shot I usually do:

Fh pus
BH push
Fh drive
FhDropshot
FH Kill
Even though FH Kill to a relatively low ball may seem difficult at first ths is just the setup for you to practice
set up so bounce is about half way from the net ano not much higher than the net. Smoothly kill through the contact
set up backspin ball deep to fh corner
you wait in bh corner for
move appropriately to loop each ball getting knee and head iinto line
recover to bh corner and readyness and repeat untill exhausted!!

Similar but short to fh at net and practice moving in to push short or flip to different targets (beer mats are good)

Hopefully the ball frequency can be adjusted

One other possibiliity
with this kind of robot sometimes the robot head can be pivotted to give a different direction by someone standing behind it.
If this is possible then a family member could assist with Falkenberg.

Hope This Helps

ppp

Last edited:

HI D-OM
It seems to me you know what you are doing and you look very smooth.
Maybe you could nvolve the right knee in generatng spin/power. (Getting yr head closer to the ball will bring your body into the shot a bit better.
If yr robot can only one make type of shot at a tiime then a backspin ball is probably a good choice.
suggestons
When i set up mine for this shot I usually do:

Fh pus
BH push
Fh drive
FhDropshot
FH Kill
Even though FH Kill to a relatively low ball may seem difficult at first ths is just the setup for you to practice
set up so bounce is about half way from the net ano not much higher than the net. Smoothly kill through the contact
set up backspin ball deep to fh corner
you wait in bh corner for
move appropriately to loop each ball getting knee and head iinto line
recover to bh corner and readyness and repeat untill exhausted!!

Similar but short to fh at net and practice moving in to push short or flip to different targets (beer mats are good)

Hopefully the ball frequency can be adjusted

One other possibiliity
with this kind of robot sometimes the robot head can be pivotted to give a different direction by someone standing behind it.
If this is possible then a family member could assist with Falkenberg.

Hope This Helps

ppp

Thanks PPP really appreciate your advice!!!! Thanks for your kind words!!!! I'll be trying those all out over the next few weeks!!!! Hopefully I'll lose a bit around my waist 😉😉

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022
I think that you can do your drill nicely. I think it’s not really pushing you though, so you might want to either increase the frequency, or move the robot closer? You may find that putting a book or two under the back of the robot is required to find an appropriate trajectory if the robot is moved closer?

I think that you can do your drill nicely. I think it’s not really pushing you though, so you might want to either increase the frequency, or move the robot closer? You may find that putting a book or two under the back of the robot is required to find an appropriate trajectory if the robot is moved closer?

Thanks AchyGeorge!!! I'll have to try a few books underneath my robot and see how that goes!!!! Trust me until I lose a stone or 3 I can't move much faster lol 🤣🤣🤣