Help !!!! I need a large blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
I am looking for a large blade NOT a midsize blade
Something like 165 mm by 170 mm

I heard there were soem Tibhar & Nittaku blades but I cannot find any dimesions shown.
It is very frustarting

Any help appreciated.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews

I heard there were soem Tibhar & Nittaku blades but I cannot find any dimesions shown.
It is very frustarting

Any help appreciated.

may I ask why a big size? Victas Matsushita has a big head size.

The old Hurricane Long V also has a head size of 160 x 156 I think

says Rozena! You complete me.
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021

It is very frustarting

Any help appreciated.

I'd recall Tibhar's Stratus Power Wood has a large surface area and hence large sweet-spot. It was, as I remember it, a looper's delight. I used it with two side Donic Baracudda during my early TT days. It was a good set-up.

Reactions: Tadeiro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022

This blade:

The large size is 165x159mm.

I don't think the CyberShape is anywhere near as large as what you are looking for.

But you could also ask a blade maker like Hipnotic (SDC Blades) to make exactly what you want.

Thanks for trying
Sorry. Not good enough
Ideally I am looking for 170 by 170 (in fact 175 x 175 but no rubbers are available over 170)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews

It is very frustarting

Any help appreciated.

Why not ask OSP if they can custom make one for you? I am still curious as why you need a large blade.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
Look at Valor table tennis, I believe outside of custom blade makers they are the only producers of blades exceeding the standard defensive headsize of 165x155mm

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Is this big enough 😆
Yes it is. This is my Andro I assume ?
Tibhar & Joola also have similar ones
Unfortunately these are toy blades & not for competitive players

The problem with these toy blades is that they are so bad that it is hard to test them with good rubbers
I was able to get long pips this size but the test was useless because the blade is so useless.
BUt I defintely liked the size aspect of it though some where between 170 & 175 would be ideal
I think these toy blades liek you posted are 180 mm I think
Also I cannot find a arge enough smooth rubber on ITTFapproved list for other side

Having a custom blade made is not a bad idea but they don't seem to come out as good as those made by manufacturers.
I have about 5 custom blades by 5 different makers but none of them are as good as some of the manufactured badee that I modified on one side.
These are Hallmark Combination Ultra and Giant Dragon Super Balsa 2. These 2 are excellent
There are many excellent blades I like, such as Yinhe T9, Giant Dragon Kris Carbon , Sanwei Two Face etc.but these are ridiculoiusly small for my playing style. Dr.Neubauer makes some good large blades but just not large enough. So called defensive blades by Butterfly, Stiga, Nexy, Joola etc with outerlayer carbon (on defensive side also) are pure garbage . I know I sound too picky
But please don't go off on me about how all pros & top amateurs use small blades & so they SHOULD be good enough for me

Thanks for everyones' input though

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Some class 1 and 2 players from Italian Paralympic Team got Animus to make them huge rackets:

> See Pilami's post above for link. I m unable to include
Thanks for this information.

However the problem is not making a large custom blade but getting large good quality rubbers (even if not on ITTF LARC) to go with it.

Regardless I looked at the Animus website. The Conatct Us link in there is not working (There is no email link)

Any idea how to contact them or to find out what brand rubbers they used on these blades ?

Much appreciated

I just noiced tabletennis11 carries Animus blades. May be they carry 175 mm by 175 mm rubbers ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Some class 1 and 2 players from Italian Paralympic Team got Animus to make them huge rackets:

https://www.animusblade.it/notizie/animus-blade-e-tennis-tavolo-paralimpico/

I found it also interesting that para players who play close to the table used these blades. I doubt very much they were two winged loopers but probably used some blocking type OX long pips on one side for leser weight & quick hand movements

This further solidifies my theory as I have always felt that defensive type players definitely need larger rackets.

If it works for players close to the table, there is no doubt it will work much much better for away from the table defenders..
Not only the looper torture index on the (mostly backhand) long pip side (chops or blocks) will be much higher with a larger blade but the top spin on counter-loops, counter-side-loops & lobs from the spinny inverted (mostly forehand) side will be equally deadly and even more lethal with twiddling.

Some players keep saying it makes the blade too heavy but it really does not. At lower amateur levels, defenders should be using OX long pips and not sponge long pips (I won't get into as to why here) & this gives a lower weight. At pro & higher levels where they may need sponge on long pips side, I have no doubt they can handle it.

Anyway as I pointed out earlier, this is why ALL blades on the market, made by by level 1 manufacturers such as Butterfly, Stiga, Tibhar, Joola etc especially with outer layer composites BOTH sides, are totally 200% useless for any defensive player in the 40+ plastic ball era.

To at least partially (never totally) level the playing field with boosted loopers in the 40+ ball era, a defender needs 3 things to maximize looper torture index with more backspin, both spin reversal & spin amplification (possible ONLY with long pips) :-

1. Oversize blade as above
2. Dual mode blade (Composite on only the attack side)
3. High Aspect Ratio Super Long Pips (not on the ITTF LARC)

For defenders who don't comprehend this (most especially item 3 above) , I respectfully suggest you quit tabletennis & take up pickleball or TTX where spin levels are at levels you desire..

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
To contact Animus Blades, you could try via their Facebook page

Regarding rubbers, the brands I know that sell large rubbers are Butterfly, Victas, Tibhar, Neubauer, Nittaku: usually 170 but some can go up to 175 high, I have measured few rubbers if you're interested.
Chinese brands are usually smaller.

All the large rackets I have seen are higher than wide because it's a way to compensate extra weight and also because they are mostly interested in longer reach.

Also, you are not forced to cover all you racket in height, it's perfectly legal to leave an empty space between the bottom of the rubber and the top of the handle.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
To contact Animus Blades, you could try via their Facebook page

Regarding rubbers, the brands I know that sell large rubbers are Butterfly, Victas, Tibhar, Neubauer, Nittaku: usually 170 but some can go up to 175 high, I have measured few rubbers if you're interested.
Chinese brands are usually smaller.
Yes I am interested of course. Please tell me which are these rubbers
Yes all Chinese rubbers are smaller

Also, you are not forced to cover all you racket in height, it's perfectly legal to leave an empty space between the bottom of the rubber and the top of the handle.
Good point. But thre is no standard, There is a person in these forums known to go crazy when you say things like this LOL

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
BrandModelHeightWidth
NittakuSuper Do Knuckle175170
Dr NeubauerPistol 2174169
VictasVJ > 07 Regular171171
VictasVJC > 07 Sticky Extra171171
TibharSuper Defense Soft170170
YasakaMark V GPS173173
Dr NeubauerDesperado 2172170
Dr NeubauerTrouble Maker170170