Dignics 05 vs Tenergy 05-FX - Which one is faster?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I have not played it but butterfly rates dignics slightly higher in speed, 13.5 for d and 13.0 for t.

Not sure how correct that is of course.

Dignics is much faster than T05fx but may not feel as bouncy - it’s much harder at around 50 deg.
This I seriously doubt. BTY lists T05, T05 FX and D09c as having the same speed. Hardness is NOT the same as speed.
I believe the difference is minimal.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
This I seriously doubt. BTY lists T05, T05 FX and D09c as having the same speed. Hardness is NOT the same as speed.
I believe the difference is minimal.

Cheers
L-zr
09c is rated the same speed but he was talking about d05 which is rated slightly higher by BTY.

says .
says .
Feb 2019
Read 2 reviews
The speed is different, which in fact has a lot to do with the hardness. Soft rubbers usually are faster than hard rubbers on low impact, while hard ones will be faster on high impact.
this is exactly what happens in this comparison: T05fx is faster on low impact, d05 on high impact

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
How come many players prefers dignics 05 on the backhand and the T05 on forehand. Dignics is harder than Tenergy. I haven't tried any of the them so I can't say I'm sure there is a logical explanation.

NDH

says Spin to win!
How come many players prefers dignics 05 on the backhand and the T05 on forehand. Dignics is harder than Tenergy. I haven't tried any of the them so I can't say I'm sure there is a logical explanation.
D05 is fantastic for BH flicks and punches.

Make no mistake, T05 isn't bad, but it's a little bouncy for serve return (especially when compared with D05).

I find I can play fuller strokes with D05 due to the lower trajectory, and I actually find the spin is very deceptive.

The shots don't look as spinny as T05, but they are absolutely loaded.

T05 has that classic "arc" - It's really obvious that the ball is spinny, which makes it easier to block.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kolev and Wrighty67
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Read 1 reviews
Dignics is much faster than T05fx but may not feel as bouncy - it’s much harder at around 50 deg.
The speed is different, which in fact has a lot to do with the hardness. Soft rubbers usually are faster than hard rubbers on low impact, while hard ones will be faster on high impact.
this is exactly what happens in this comparison: T05fx is faster on low impact, d05 on high impact
I agree. Tenergy 05 fx is faster on low impact and Dignics is faster on high impact.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Idk of many players that prefer this, certainly not pros. I definitely don't either.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
Dignics 05 is MUCH faster than Tenergy 05-fx in the hands of a competent player. When your technique is not good enough you might have more speed with 05-fx.

Reactions: Wrighty67
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
D05 is fantastic for BH flicks and punches.

Make no mistake, T05 isn't bad, but it's a little bouncy for serve return (especially when compared with D05).

I find I can play fuller strokes with D05 due to the lower trajectory, and I actually find the spin is very deceptive.

The shots don't look as spinny as T05, but they are absolutely loaded.

T05 has that classic "arc" - It's really obvious that the ball is spinny, which makes it easier to block.
I have exactly the same observation and would like to add that D05 on my BH can sometimes be really confusing for my opponents, especially when I spin and drive the ball although I am not a BH dominant

Reactions: NDH