Back to Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 46
  1. Gtsnake is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 19 83
    Gtsnake's Avatar
    Gtsnake is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 83 19

    User Info Menu


    Nov 2011
    United States
    83
    19
    71
    Read 0 Reviews
    #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Yurnero
    Also I find it funny that Table tennis is the only sport enforcing these ridiculous corona rules still with masks and no touching the table etc..
    All just to make China happy (not only here in Chengdu). There will be no problem holding the World cup in Qatar in football without specific restrictions for example.

    Keep in mind China doesn't really have a vaccine. They only used their own home grown vaccine which is basically useless. So the entire population is unprotected.


  2. Gtsnake is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 19 83
    Gtsnake's Avatar
    Gtsnake is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 83 19

    User Info Menu


    Nov 2011
    United States
    83
    19
    71
    Read 0 Reviews
    #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Draycott old man
    Surely China can't be happy that so many countries have entered weak teams!!!! As it belittles the whole tournament!!!

    Well when you lock down entire cities and starve people to death other countries notice. If I were on the team I wouldn't be going to China right now either. It's just not worth the risk.


  3. Draycott old man is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 47 96
    D
    Draycott old man is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 96 47
    #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtsnake

    Keep in mind China doesn't really have a vaccine. They only used their own home grown vaccine which is basically useless. So the entire population is unprotected.

    I had no idea about the vaccine!!!! So why didn't they move the tournament when so many players are missing!!! How come no one is officially complaining!!! The whole tournament is a joke!!!! China would of won it anyway!!! But maybe a full strength German team could of made it interesting!!!!

    Current Set up American Hiniki WRC 9mm blade F.H Nittaka fastarc G1 Red 2mm B.H Spinlord Orkan Black 1.8mm

  4. Draycott old man is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 47 96
    D
    Draycott old man is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 96 47
    #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtsnake

    Well when you lock down entire cities and starve people to death other countries notice. If I were on the team I wouldn't be going to China right now either. It's just not worth the risk.

    So why are they letting a country who commits so human rights violations!!!! Hosting a world championship!!!! But then again the same is happening with the football world cup!!!!! Very Sad !!!!!

    Current Set up American Hiniki WRC 9mm blade F.H Nittaka fastarc G1 Red 2mm B.H Spinlord Orkan Black 1.8mm

  5. Gtsnake is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 19 83
    Gtsnake's Avatar
    Gtsnake is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 83 19

    User Info Menu


    Nov 2011
    United States
    83
    19
    71
    Read 0 Reviews
    #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Draycott old man

    So why are they letting a country who commits so human rights violations!!!! Hosting a world championship!!!! But then again the same is happening with the football world cup!!!!! Very Sad !!!!!

    That's a great question! It tells you how much power and influence China has over organizations to do their bidding. They spend billions of dollars per year on propaganda.


  6. LeoTT is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 5 14
    L
    LeoTT is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 14 5

    User Info Menu


    Feb 2014
    Spain
    14
    5
    99
    Read 0 Reviews
    #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtsnake

    Well when you lock down entire cities and starve people to death other countries notice. If I were on the team I wouldn't be going to China right now either. It's just not worth the risk.

    Starving people, you said? Like the consequences coming from the USA blowing the Northstream pipelines?


  7. bensen is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 2 13
    B
    bensen is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 13 2

    User Info Menu


    Sep 2022
    England
    13
    2
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #27
    Quote Originally Posted by trizonsports

    hi how many teams can participate in these tournaments?

    40 teams are chosen based on certain criteria such as World Rankings or probably winning a continental championship in previous year or something I do not know. (I do not know how Canada made it)

    Once upon a time all member nations of ITTF were eligible to play in this event. So I think they were lot of teams , like lot more than 100 nations
    I wonder what the record is.
    They used to have team events first week and the 5 individual events (singles, doubles & mixed doubles) in second week

    Also , until 1999, the WTTTC & WITTC was held at the same time. It used to be every year (which was an amazing achievement then). Then they made it every two years and after 1999 they split it into WITTC in odd numbered years Like 2021 and WTTTC in even numbered years (like in Chengdu now) .

    The Following User Likes bensen's Post:

    OldUser

    Last edited by bensen; 10-04-2022 at 10:50 PM.

  8. Haraold is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 85 345
    Haraold's Avatar
    Haraold is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 345 85
    #28

    who blew up the nordstream pipelines?the States?cmon man stop this BS

    In the Practice of Tolerance,One´s Enemy is the best Teacher.

  9. Draycott old man is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 47 96
    D
    Draycott old man is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 96 47
    #29
    Feel so sorry for Liam Pickford!!! Played really well a great wins against both Lebrun brothers!!!! Shame he had no support!!!! Something wrong!!!! Only 3 players and no coaching staff!!! Yet France had loads of people!!! Strange!!

    The Following User Likes Draycott old man's Post:

    jammmail

    Current Set up American Hiniki WRC 9mm blade F.H Nittaka fastarc G1 Red 2mm B.H Spinlord Orkan Black 1.8mm

  10. jammmail is offline
    says Spin to win
     
    Advanced TTD Member 136 347
    jammmail's Avatar
    jammmail is offline
    says Spin to win
     
    Advanced TTD Member 347 136
    #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Draycott old man
    Feel so sorry for Liam Pickford!!! Played really well a great wins against both Lebrun brothers!!!! Shame he had no support!!!! Something wrong!!!! Only 3 players and no coaching staff!!! Yet France had loads of people!!! Strange!!

    Yeah Drinkhall would have made a big difference I think. But good to see Pitchford's form improving

    The Following User Likes jammmail's Post:

    Draycott old man

    Spin to win

  11. Gtsnake is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 19 83
    Gtsnake's Avatar
    Gtsnake is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 83 19

    User Info Menu


    Nov 2011
    United States
    83
    19
    71
    Read 0 Reviews
    #31
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoTT

    Starving people, you said? Like the consequences coming from the USA blowing the Northstream pipelines?

    How in the world do you equate a gas pipeline to starving people? First of all try getting your news from somewhere else that reports the truth. Secondly, stop hanging out in Jihad chatrooms.


  12. Draycott old man is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 47 96
    D
    Draycott old man is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 96 47
    #32
    Quote Originally Posted by jammmail

    Yeah Drinkhall would have made a big difference I think. But good to see Pitchford's form improving

    Also think Jarvis would of beat there 3 player 😉 I'm sure there will be other opportunities to pick our best team Table Tennis England 😁

    The Following User Likes Draycott old man's Post:

    jammmail

    Current Set up American Hiniki WRC 9mm blade F.H Nittaka fastarc G1 Red 2mm B.H Spinlord Orkan Black 1.8mm

  13. jammmail is offline
    says Spin to win
     
    Advanced TTD Member 136 347
    jammmail's Avatar
    jammmail is offline
    says Spin to win
     
    Advanced TTD Member 347 136
    #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Draycott old man

    Also think Jarvis would of beat there 3 player 😉 I'm sure there will be other opportunities to pick our best team Table Tennis England 😁

    Yeah i agree - I just think Paul is really good in team events he seems to lift his game and bring it out in other too

    Spin to win

  14. Wrighty67 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 196 419
    Wrighty67's Avatar
    Wrighty67 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 419 196

    User Info Menu

    #34
    Quote Originally Posted by jammmail

    Yeah i agree - I just think Paul is really good in team events he seems to lift his game and bring it out in other too

    A shame we had such an imbalance in the team - as has been said Drinkhall + Jarvis alongside Pitch would have likely impacted our progress through to quarters..

    The Following 2 Users Like Wrighty67's Post:

    Draycott old man and jammmail


  15. Gtsnake is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 19 83
    Gtsnake's Avatar
    Gtsnake is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 83 19

    User Info Menu


    Nov 2011
    United States
    83
    19
    71
    Read 0 Reviews
    #35

    How come there were fans in the audience during quarter finals? Did they open up the lock down? Or were these communist party elites that don't have to play by the rules?


  16. OldUser is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 95 315
    O
    OldUser is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 315 95

    User Info Menu


    Mar 2022
    Europe
    315
    95
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrighty67

    A shame we had such an imbalance in the team - as has been said Drinkhall + Jarvis alongside Pitch would have likely impacted our progress through to quarters..

    Drinkhall does not do that well in Jura Morez nowadays, only 50% wins last season, and the french Pro A is not the best league in Europe. He's also lost to really lower guys like Stéphane Ouaiche, Mehdi Bouloussa or Sadi Ismaïlov... Tom Jarvis would have had a chance against Jules Rolland that's for sure, but not against the bros.


  17. OldUser is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 95 315
    O
    OldUser is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 315 95

    User Info Menu


    Mar 2022
    Europe
    315
    95
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtsnake

    That's a great question! It tells you how much power and influence China has over organizations to do their bidding. They spend billions of dollars per year on propaganda.

    Exactly, that's how Russia's been able to host winter Olympics and the 2018 football WC. It's a bit different for China though: Liu Guoliang is a well known multiple office holder, all the sponsors for the WTT are mostly chinese, Europe is not interested in anything WTT related anymore since the last ITTF presidency coup against Thomas Weikert, a coup driven by China, let's be honest. The WTT has also wanted the DTTB to be inflicted with penalties, the FFTT just... bent the knee, now you understand why the german team was not there with Timo, Pat and Dima. Not a coincidence: things are not going well between WTT/ITTF and the DTTB. And the DTTB is strong enough to... care nothing about it: see the Neu Ulm project with 4 top 10 players, this team could easily upset any chinese super league team.

    A team event in a place with strong covid restrictions is not worth the hussle for most of them then, no points to win or loose for the world rankings,...

    And about the northstream pipeline.. I laughed hard too hahaha, it could have been done by... Russia too, or even France by some 'barbouzes' (spook agents) to force Macron to protect the internet cables under the atlantic ocean... because it's what the defense office advised him to do right after that incident. Or China, or even India or the UK ! everything is good to charge the enemy, to make profit,...


  18. OldUser is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 95 315
    O
    OldUser is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 315 95

    User Info Menu


    Mar 2022
    Europe
    315
    95
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #38
    Quote Originally Posted by bensen
    40 teams are chosen based on certain criteria such as World Rankings or probably winning a continental championship in previous year or something I do not know. (I do not know how Canada made it)

    Once upon a time all member nations of ITTF were eligible to play in this event. So I think they were lot of teams , like lot more than 100 nations
    I wonder what the record is.
    They used to have team events first week and the 5 individual events (singles, doubles & mixed doubles) in second week

    Also , until 1999, the WTTTC & WITTC was held at the same time. It used to be every year (which was an amazing achievement then). Then they made it every two years and after 1999 they split it into WITTC in odd numbered years Like 2021 and WTTTC in even numbered years (like in Chengdu now) .

    It's really "strange" indeed: I've searched for Austria, and have been really surprised to not see them in the tournament ! I mean.. at least Gardos and Habesohn were at least as good as Kazakhstan or Uzbekistan... those teams were big jokes, exactly like Australia or Canada... And for the girls, no Sofia Polcanova, so... no european champion then.

    The Following User Likes OldUser's Post:

    Takkyu_wa_inochi


  19. cudalbuc is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 3 10
    C
    cudalbuc is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 10 3

    User Info Menu


    May 2017
    Romania
    10
    3
    81
    Read 0 Reviews
    #39
    hi, where can we watch the finals online?

  20. roger is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 27 87
    R
    roger is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 87 27
    #40
    Quote Originally Posted by OldUser

    It's really "strange" indeed: I've searched for Austria, and have been really surprised to not see them in the tournament ! I mean.. at least Gardos and Habesohn were at least as good as Kazakhstan or Uzbekistan... those teams were big jokes, exactly like Australia or Canada... And for the girls, no Sofia Polcanova, so... no european champion then.

    Another conspiracy theory?

    Get some Info first before writing such BS!

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022..._Championships


    ​​​​

    The Following User Likes roger's Post:

    pilami

    Spare: Butterfly Boll ALC 93g, FH: H3 Neo 39 prov. bl., BH: T80 1.9 red

    andro ???
    No, thanks !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.