World Team Table Tennis Championships-2022

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
Surely China can't be happy that so many countries have entered weak teams!!!! As it belittles the whole tournament!!!

Well when you lock down entire cities and starve people to death other countries notice. If I were on the team I wouldn't be going to China right now either. It's just not worth the risk.

Keep in mind China doesn't really have a vaccine. They only used their own home grown vaccine which is basically useless. So the entire population is unprotected.

I had no idea about the vaccine!!!! So why didn't they move the tournament when so many players are missing!!! How come no one is officially complaining!!! The whole tournament is a joke!!!! China would of won it anyway!!! But maybe a full strength German team could of made it interesting!!!!

Well when you lock down entire cities and starve people to death other countries notice. If I were on the team I wouldn't be going to China right now either. It's just not worth the risk.

So why are they letting a country who commits so human rights violations!!!! Hosting a world championship!!!! But then again the same is happening with the football world cup!!!!! Very Sad !!!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011

So why are they letting a country who commits so human rights violations!!!! Hosting a world championship!!!! But then again the same is happening with the football world cup!!!!! Very Sad !!!!!

That's a great question! It tells you how much power and influence China has over organizations to do their bidding. They spend billions of dollars per year on propaganda.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2014

Starving people, you said? Like the consequences coming from the USA blowing the Northstream pipelines?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Feel so sorry for Liam Pickford!!! Played really well a great wins against both Lebrun brothers!!!! Shame he had no support!!!! Something wrong!!!! Only 3 players and no coaching staff!!! Yet France had loads of people!!! Strange!!

Yeah Drinkhall would have made a big difference I think. But good to see Pitchford's form improving

Reactions: Draycott old man

Yeah Drinkhall would have made a big difference I think. But good to see Pitchford's form improving

Also think Jarvis would of beat there 3 player 😉 I'm sure there will be other opportunities to pick our best team Table Tennis England 😁

Reactions: jammmail
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews

Yeah i agree - I just think Paul is really good in team events he seems to lift his game and bring it out in other too

A shame we had such an imbalance in the team - as has been said Drinkhall + Jarvis alongside Pitch would have likely impacted our progress through to quarters..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022

A shame we had such an imbalance in the team - as has been said Drinkhall + Jarvis alongside Pitch would have likely impacted our progress through to quarters..

Drinkhall does not do that well in Jura Morez nowadays, only 50% wins last season, and the french Pro A is not the best league in Europe. He's also lost to really lower guys like Stéphane Ouaiche, Mehdi Bouloussa or Sadi Ismaïlov... Tom Jarvis would have had a chance against Jules Rolland that's for sure, but not against the bros.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022

That's a great question! It tells you how much power and influence China has over organizations to do their bidding. They spend billions of dollars per year on propaganda.

Exactly, that's how Russia's been able to host winter Olympics and the 2018 football WC. It's a bit different for China though: Liu Guoliang is a well known multiple office holder, all the sponsors for the WTT are mostly chinese, Europe is not interested in anything WTT related anymore since the last ITTF presidency coup against Thomas Weikert, a coup driven by China, let's be honest. The WTT has also wanted the DTTB to be inflicted with penalties, the FFTT just... bent the knee, now you understand why the german team was not there with Timo, Pat and Dima. Not a coincidence: things are not going well between WTT/ITTF and the DTTB. And the DTTB is strong enough to... care nothing about it: see the Neu Ulm project with 4 top 10 players, this team could easily upset any chinese super league team.

A team event in a place with strong covid restrictions is not worth the hussle for most of them then, no points to win or loose for the world rankings,...

And about the northstream pipeline.. I laughed hard too hahaha, it could have been done by... Russia too, or even France by some 'barbouzes' (spook agents) to force Macron to protect the internet cables under the atlantic ocean... because it's what the defense office advised him to do right after that incident. Or China, or even India or the UK ! everything is good to charge the enemy, to make profit,...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
40 teams are chosen based on certain criteria such as World Rankings or probably winning a continental championship in previous year or something I do not know. (I do not know how Canada made it)

Once upon a time all member nations of ITTF were eligible to play in this event. So I think they were lot of teams , like lot more than 100 nations
I wonder what the record is.
They used to have team events first week and the 5 individual events (singles, doubles & mixed doubles) in second week

Also , until 1999, the WTTTC & WITTC was held at the same time. It used to be every year (which was an amazing achievement then). Then they made it every two years and after 1999 they split it into WITTC in odd numbered years Like 2021 and WTTTC in even numbered years (like in Chengdu now) .

It's really "strange" indeed: I've searched for Austria, and have been really surprised to not see them in the tournament ! I mean.. at least Gardos and Habesohn were at least as good as Kazakhstan or Uzbekistan... those teams were big jokes, exactly like Australia or Canada... And for the girls, no Sofia Polcanova, so... no european champion then.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011

It's really "strange" indeed: I've searched for Austria, and have been really surprised to not see them in the tournament ! I mean.. at least Gardos and Habesohn were at least as good as Kazakhstan or Uzbekistan... those teams were big jokes, exactly like Australia or Canada... And for the girls, no Sofia Polcanova, so... no european champion then.

Another conspiracy theory?

Get some Info first before writing such BS!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_World_Team_Table_Tennis_Championships

​​​​

Reactions: pilami
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
1+1 a newly proposed team roster for the Paris OG 2024. Most s​​​ound idea, indeed.
yes, this is how much more country entries could play at the Paris games.