Allround/Allround+ blade?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Hello!
After testing around with different blades (Stiga carbonado 45, Nittaku Acoustic) I think I've found what I want. I've borrowed and been practising with the Stiga Allround Classic for two weeks and it feels almost perfect with my tenergy 05 (fh) and Rakza 7 (bh). So much more consistent with looping and driving and easier to use in short play. However, I find it quite awkward to block with it and I find the handle too thin (flared) The blocking play feels weak compared to for example the Acoustic which almost did the job for me without me having to actively adjust anything.

What do you think? Should I go for the SC (st) and get used to how to block with it more effectively or are there any other All/All+ blades that may suit me even better?

Any advice much appreciated, thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Blocking with thin and flexible blades like the Allround Classic always feels a little bit "weird" compared to a stiff(er) especially carbon blade.So you can try to adapt or find something a bit stiffer but not faster if you like the overall feel of the AC.Yasaka Sweden Extra comes to mind but I don't think that it has a larger handle than the AC (master handle I suppose). Stiga AC was available with the bigger Legend handle. Stiga Allround Evolution could be an option (stiffer, faster than AC) but also not available with the Legend handle. A nice blade with a quite large handle, at least larger than Sweden Extra, is the Cornilleau Hinotec All+ but it has a softer outer ply.Easiest way and cheaper than the Acoustic: Ask Hipnotic/SDC or any other blade maker to change the handle or to build a blade like the AC with a larger handle. https://www.sdcttblades.com/homeBtw: Stiga Carbonado vs Stiga Allround Classic is a huge difference. Solid Off vs All/All-

Last edited:
Reactions: matti77
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Blocking with thin and flexible blades like the Allround Classic always feels a little bit "weird" compared to a stiff(er) especially carbon blade.So you can try to adapt or find something a bit stiffer but not faster if you like the overall feel of the AC.Yasaka Sweden Extra comes to mind but I don't think that it has a larger handle than the AC (master handle I suppose). Stiga AC was available with the bigger Legend handle. Stiga Allround Evolution could be an option (stiffer, faster than AC) but also not available with the Legend handle. A nice blade with a quite large handle, at least larger than Sweden Extra, is the Cornilleau Hinotec All+ but it has a softer outer ply.Easiest way and cheaper than the Acoustic: Ask Hipnotic/SDC or any other blade maker to change the handle or to build a blade like the AC with a larger handle. https://www.sdcttblades.com/homeBtw: Stiga Carbonado vs Stiga Allround Classic is a huge difference. Solid Off vs All/All-

Thank you so much! I'll go with straight handle and I think it'll work just fine. I've read a lot about the Stiga evolution and it may be exactly what I want. However, I'm a bit confused from trying to understand its difference from the SC. Same wood composition and almost the same thickness, what am I missing?

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
Keep in mind that Stiga makes two flared handle stores, Legend and Master, Legend being bigger and thicker. The Sweden Classic felt a bit closer to the Around Classic than the Allround Evo to me, but they are similar all the way around. However the Yasaka flared handle feels a bit in between Stigas Legend and Master. The Yasaka straight handles are pretty squared and decently bulky, whereas the Stiga Classic style straight handles are a bit thinner and more rounded.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Keep in mind that Stiga makes two flared handle stores, Legend and Master, Legend being bigger and thicker. The Sweden Classic felt a bit closer to the Around Classic than the Allround Evo to me, but they are similar all the way around. However the Yasaka flared handle feels a bit in between Stigas Legend and Master. The Yasaka straight handles are pretty squared and decently bulky, whereas the Stiga Classic style straight handles are a bit thinner and more rounded.

Thanks! I'll look around in my training group to see if I can compare different handles.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Before I press on the buy button, can someone describe the differences in terms of speed, spin, control between these blades: Stiga Allround classic, stiga allround evolution, yasaka sweden extra, Appelgren allplay and osp expert ii?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Ok, I'll narrow down my question before I stop asking silly questions: differences between Yasaka Sweden Extra and Stiga Allround Evolution?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
I don't think you can go far wrong with any of the blades you have listed Stiga Allround classic, stiga allround evolution, yasaka sweden extra, Appelgren allplay and osp expert ii - you can probably make a decision on what you like the look of and price as they are all good blades.
Ive tried the Stiga blades (been other peoples rackets I've had a go with - but have had the Yasaka SE and the Appelgren. I personally didn't like the Yasaka SE, it just didn't feel right there was just something about it i didn't really like - it was quite a heavy version I recall so I sold it. There is a lot of people on the forum that are big advocates for it so I think I probably had a bad one. I still have my Appelgren and while i dont use it often its used to try a random rubber on from time to time as i know what im going to get from it.

Reactions: matti77