Back to Forum
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. GregorTT425 is offline
    says Spin And Spin
     
    TTD Member 8 26
    GregorTT425's Avatar
    GregorTT425 is offline
    says Spin And Spin
     
    TTD Member 26 8
    #1

    Tenergy 05 vs 05FX?

    Which one is better in your opinion? Which do you think is better for backhand?

  2. guni4you is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 48 495
    G
    guni4you is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 495 48

    User Info Menu


    Jan 2019
    Canada
    495
    48
    706
    Read 0 Reviews
    #2
    Tenergy 05fx better on backhand. Much easy to block, open underspin and more feeling

  3. OCTASLOW is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 0 3
    O
    OCTASLOW is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 3 0

    User Info Menu


    Oct 2022
    Sweden
    3
    0
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #3

    It depends but i think tenergy 05FX is better for backhand because it is a litte bit softer and therfore a litle bit easier to flip with. You will be able to feel the ball better when opening up but it is a little bit slower than the normal tenergy 05. The 05FX is more controlable in the serve and recive game as wella as beeing more controlable when blocking.


  4. GregorTT425 is offline
    says Spin And Spin
     
    TTD Member 8 26
    GregorTT425's Avatar
    GregorTT425 is offline
    says Spin And Spin
     
    TTD Member 26 8
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by OCTASLOW

    It depends but i think tenergy 05FX is better for backhand because it is a litte bit softer and therfore a litle bit easier to flip with. You will be able to feel the ball better when opening up but it is a little bit slower than the normal tenergy 05. The 05FX is more controlable in the serve and recive game as wella as beeing more controlable when blocking.

    Sounds cool, and is it good for receiving serves? I mean, isn't it too spin-sensitive? Is it forgiving?


  5. GregorTT425 is offline
    says Spin And Spin
     
    TTD Member 8 26
    GregorTT425's Avatar
    GregorTT425 is offline
    says Spin And Spin
     
    TTD Member 26 8
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by guni4you
    Tenergy 05fx better on backhand. Much easy to block, open underspin and more feeling

    Thanks!


  6. NDH is offline
    says UK Premier Standard Player
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,301 1,098
    NDH's Avatar
    NDH is offline
    says UK Premier Standard Player
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,098 1,301
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by GregorTT425

    Sounds cool, and is it good for receiving serves? I mean, isn't it too spin-sensitive? Is it forgiving?

    No, I find T05 or 05FX to be very poor at serve receive unless you are confident in your strokes.

    Likewise, the answer to your original question is highly dependant on you.

    I prefer 05, my teammate prefers 05FX - We’ve both had a huge amount of success with it on the backhand.

    If you are more aggressive, go with 05. If you want something a little more controlled, go FX.

    Neither are rubbers that will suit beginners or intermediate players though, so bear that in mind.

    The Following 2 Users Like NDH's Post:

    latej and UpSideDownCarl


  7. GregorTT425 is offline
    says Spin And Spin
     
    TTD Member 8 26
    GregorTT425's Avatar
    GregorTT425 is offline
    says Spin And Spin
     
    TTD Member 26 8
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by NDH
    No, I find T05 or 05FX to be very poor at serve receive unless you are confident in your strokes.

    Likewise, the answer to your original question is highly dependant on you.

    I prefer 05, my teammate prefers 05FX - We’ve both had a huge amount of success with it on the backhand.

    If you are more aggressive, go with 05. If you want something a little more controlled, go FX.

    Neither are rubbers that will suit beginners or intermediate players though, so bear that in mind.

    I'm aware of the last line, I'm using Tenergy 05 on my BH myself.

    Just was curious what the majority think about these two rubbers, as I've seen numerous debates about this topic.


  8. UpSideDownCarl is offline
    says I like to hit Heavy Topspin
     
    Super Moderator 16,731 15,327
    UpSideDownCarl's Avatar
    UpSideDownCarl is offline
    says I like to hit Heavy Topspin
     
    Super Moderator 15,327 16,731
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by GregorTT425

    I'm aware of the last line, I'm using Tenergy 05 on my BH myself.

    Just was curious what the majority think about these two rubbers, as I've seen numerous debates about this topic.

    If you play at a decent level and you have seen debates on this subject then you understand that different players will have better success with different things and that there is no such thing as better or worse. They are both rubbers that, in some ways are excellent and in other ways are not great for everyone.

    If you are at a level where you can use these rubbers and your return of serve is good enough, then either can be excellent. If either of these rubbers make returning serve a problem for you, then neither rubber will be good for you.

    But if you are using T05 on your BH and it works for you, then you probably have a decent BH. Someone with a weaker BH would likely have trouble using T05 on BH and, many in that category would also struggle returning serves with T05fx.

    But the questions of better or worse really need to be put into the context of who is using the rubber.
    Setup 1: Blade by Nate: Vortex Spin Machine, FH Evolution MX-K, BH Evolution FX-P
    Setup 2: OSP Virtuoso Plus, FH Rasanter R 48, BH Rasanter R 48
    Spin is Everything

  9. Jslick89 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 6 20
    J
    Jslick89 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 20 6
    #9
    Why not try tenergy 19 on backhand instead of 05fx? many at my club report the FX as no good.

  10. GregorTT425 is offline
    says Spin And Spin
     
    TTD Member 8 26
    GregorTT425's Avatar
    GregorTT425 is offline
    says Spin And Spin
     
    TTD Member 26 8
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Jslick89
    Why not try tenergy 19 on backhand instead of 05fx? many at my club report the FX as no good.

    I actually used T19 on my backhand currently. Previously, I made a typo, I'm using T05 on my FH.


  11. GregorTT425 is offline
    says Spin And Spin
     
    TTD Member 8 26
    GregorTT425's Avatar
    GregorTT425 is offline
    says Spin And Spin
     
    TTD Member 26 8
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by UpSideDownCarl
    If you play at a decent level and you have seen debates on this subject then you understand that different players will have better success with different things and that there is no such thing as better or worse. They are both rubbers that, in some ways are excellent and in other ways are not great for everyone.

    If you are at a level where you can use these rubbers and your return of serve is good enough, then either can be excellent. If either of these rubbers make returning serve a problem for you, then neither rubber will be good for you.

    But if you are using T05 on your BH and it works for you, then you probably have a decent BH. Someone with a weaker BH would likely have trouble using T05 on BH and, many in that category would also struggle returning serves with T05fx.

    But the questions of better or worse really need to be put into the context of who is using the rubber.

    I actually use T19 on my backhand currently. Previously, I made a typo, I'm using T05 on my FH.

    Thanks for you feedback! Appreaciate it!


  12. Dominikk85 is online now
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 189 487
    D
    Dominikk85 is online now
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 487 189

    User Info Menu


    Jul 2017
    Germany
    487
    189
    232
    Read 0 Reviews
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by NDH
    No, I find T05 or 05FX to be very poor at serve receive unless you are confident in your strokes.

    Likewise, the answer to your original question is highly dependant on you.

    I prefer 05, my teammate prefers 05FX - We’ve both had a huge amount of success with it on the backhand.

    If you are more aggressive, go with 05. If you want something a little more controlled, go FX.

    Neither are rubbers that will suit beginners or intermediate players though, so bear that in mind.

    Aren't basically all high performance "pro rubbers" with high spin level also spin sensitive on receive?

    Is it possible to create a very spinny rubber which isn't spin sensitive?

    I'm no expert but basically the "anti spin" effect of antis and long pips is that the ball slips on it, right?

    Or are there other factors that influence spin sensitivity of a rubber?


  13. NDH is offline
    says UK Premier Standard Player
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,301 1,098
    NDH's Avatar
    NDH is offline
    says UK Premier Standard Player
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,098 1,301
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominikk85

    Aren't basically all high performance "pro rubbers" with high spin level also spin sensitive on receive?

    Is it possible to create a very spinny rubber which isn't spin sensitive?

    I'm no expert but basically the "anti spin" effect of antis and long pips is that the ball slips on it, right?

    Or are there other factors that influence spin sensitivity of a rubber?

    You aren't entirely wrong, but let's look at T05 vs Dignics 09C

    I find Dignics 09C to be significantly less sensitive to incoming spin, and much better for serve return than T05.

    I also find it spinnier than T05.

    Now, a lot of this will have to do with the fact that Dignics is a harder sponge.

    Even a small forward motion with T05 would give you a good catapult effect, which amplifies the incoming spin (very bad for a tentative serve return).

    You don't get anywhere near that level of catapult with Dignics 09C, which makes it feel a much safer rubber in my experience.

    The Following User Likes NDH's Post:

    UpSideDownCarl


  14. Lazer is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 481 1,097
    Lazer's Avatar
    Lazer is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,097 481

    User Info Menu

    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominikk85

    Aren't basically all high performance "pro rubbers" with high spin level also spin sensitive on receive?

    Is it possible to create a very spinny rubber which isn't spin sensitive?

    I'm no expert but basically the "anti spin" effect of antis and long pips is that the ball slips on it, right?

    Or are there other factors that influence spin sensitivity of a rubber?

    Yes in a sense this is correct but if you rubber has a lot of spin you can more easily put your own spin and “nullify” incoming spin but if you this requires hitting fairly hard..

    Cheers
    L-zr
    Steal a little and they throw You in jail, Steal a lot and they make You King... (Dylan)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.