What booster does ESN use on their rubbers?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
So, I understand that ESN uses some chemical treatment in the factory rather than a commercial booster.

How about rubbers like Yinhe Big Dipper? It is labeled as factory boosted, but does that mean they use a similar chemical treatment or are they using a commercial booster?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
So, I understand that ESN uses some chemical treatment in the factory rather than a commercial booster.

How about rubbers like Yinhe Big Dipper? It is labeled as factory boosted, but does that mean they use a similar chemical treatment or are they using a commercial booster?

OMG 😲.............you never give up do you 😂

NDH

says Spin to win!

I’d be surprised if anyone knows for sure.

But I have never once thought any company is “boosting” their rubbers from the factory like a player would “boost” their rubber at home.

Anytime I see the rubber advertised as “boosted/tuned” or whatever, I always assume there is something in the make up of the rubber/sponge that gives it this characteristic.

I have not seen any deterioration of rubbers that has been opened over time nor any degradation of any rubber that indicates any evaporating chemical substances on any used rubbers.
This leads me to believe that the so called boosting is an integral part of the sponge which is permanent.

Cheers
L-zr

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I have not seen any deterioration of rubbers that has been opened over time nor any degradation of any rubber that indicates any evaporating chemical substances on any used rubbers.
This leads me to believe that the so called boosting is an integral part of the sponge which is permanent.

Cheers
L-zr

I agree nearly 100" , as long as you quantify the word """permanent""" 🤣

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
So why don't more companies use this chemical on their rubbers?

Why not try this evaporating chemical on H3 or B2 or something?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

But they already do that, remember they sell NEO as factory boosted

no but that's a joke. everybody knows that NEO is nothing close to the boosted level of ESN or Big Dipper. It's very dead, and we spent a whole separate thread where people definitively stated that NEO is basically unboosted

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

no but that's a joke. everybody knows that NEO is nothing close to the boosted level of ESN or Big Dipper. It's very dead, and we spent a whole separate thread where people definitively stated that NEO is basically unboosted

Weeeell, it is just an H3 with a little bit of different sponge and neither H3 or neo's are dead.
Just because you and all the other guys who can't get any speed out of these rubbers say they are dead rubbers,
there is plenty of other people who """ CAN""" get speed-shots out of them , boosted or not boosted.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
WHY Chinese all boost on the "huricans" rubbers.
The elasticity of rubber material (more relevant term here should be "resilience to impact") is the ability of rubber to return the impact energy in response to the deformation of rubber. In laboratory works, the elasticity of rubber is measured using a standard tool, -- the Shob pendulum.
[size=+2]Hurican rubbers with a blue sponge, as released from a factory, are not elastic enough[/size], this is the reason that Chinese athletes themselves manually saturate the sponge with technical oils and then they would take to a self-control with the treated rubber, by measuring the thickness of the rubber sheet with a digital caliper, thereby the umpire will never be able to catch a dirty Chinese. Manual booster is a dirty, dreary activity and unstable results.The DHS factory uses the process of immersion of uncut sponge sheets in hot oil, followed by lamination of the sponge sheet to the desired thickness. This is how an exclusive national series turns out, it is not sold in stores, the batch goes directly from the factory to China sports centers.
-----------
Translated from Russian authomatically by the @Google Translator engine

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
WHY Chinese all boost on the "huricans" rubbers.
The elasticity of rubber material (more relevant term here should be "resilience to impact") is the ability of rubber to return the impact energy in response to the deformation of rubber. In laboratory works, the elasticity of rubber is measured using a standard tool, -- the Shob pendulum.
[size=+2]Hurican rubbers with a blue sponge, as released from a factory, are not elastic enough[/size], this is the reason that Chinese athletes themselves manually saturate the sponge with technical oils and then they would take to a self-control with the treated rubber, by measuring the thickness of the rubber sheet with a digital caliper, thereby the umpire will never be able to catch a dirty Chinese. Manual booster is a dirty, dreary activity and unstable results.The DHS factory uses the process of immersion of uncut sponge sheets in hot oil, followed by lamination of the sponge sheet to the desired thickness. This is how an exclusive national series turns out, it is not sold in stores, the batch goes directly from the factory to China sports centers.
-----------
Translated from Russian authomatically by the @Google Translator engine

Did your source really call the players "dirty Chinese".

Apart from being incredibly rude and inappropriate, I still think that DHS could make a lot of money selling a chemically treated version of H3 directly to the public. If Yinhe knows this process, then surely DHS could figure out the chemical factory treatment.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Did your source really call the players "dirty Chinese".

Apart from being incredibly rude and inappropriate, I still think that DHS could make a lot of money selling a chemically treated version of H3 directly to the public. If Yinhe knows this process, then surely DHS could figure out the chemical factory treatment.

regarding : """"""surely DHS could figure out the chemical factory treatment. ."""""""........................

according to Igor, they already figured it out : """"""DHS factory uses the process of immersion of uncut sponge sheets in hot oil, followed by lamination of the sponge sheet to the desired thickness. This is how an exclusive national series turns out, """"""""

I think there might however be a translation error, the sponge after treatment is surely not laminated but cut to the appropriate thickness.

Last edited: