LGY in real tough battle against Phakboom

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I've never seen this guy before, but he has a very powerful backhand. I wonder what rubber he is using on that side.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
It would be interesting to understand what Liu Guoliang tells LGY at set break. I sadly can't translate chinese. The serve of Phakpoom is so satisfying, especially the followup backhand attack. At the youtube channel "Table Tennis Review" you could watch him play in 4k 60fps from a good side view at the Sea Games, but I can't find the videos anymore. I think they have been deleted.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
I've never seen this guy before, but he has a very powerful backhand. I wonder what rubber he is using on that side.

According to the data from table tennis players in Thailand, he is using Andro Rasanter C48 on backhand in this tournament, and his family also is the owner of table tennis store at Bangkok, Thailand.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022
I imagine at his level the choice of backhand rubber I the last 1/2 or 1 percent, if he had tenergy or mxp etc his backhand is likely better than pretty much everyone posting on here.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Read 1 reviews

I don’t. For him he probably prefers it, that’s why he chooses it?
But for most of us I just don’t believe that choosing the same rubber as him would magically elevate our backhands to his level.

Of cource just rubber not enough. Need also same blade :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
It would be interesting to understand what Liu Guoliang tells LGY at set break. I sadly can't translate chinese. The serve of Phakpoom is so satisfying, especially the followup backhand attack. At the youtube channel "Table Tennis Review" you could watch him play in 4k 60fps from a good side view at the Sea Games, but I can't find the videos anymore. I think they have been deleted.

Phakpoom and really the whole Thai team represented themselves very well against China.

Looks like the video you mentioned was removed from Table Tennis Review. I found this one though .... might not be the same quality as from TTR, but still pretty good:

says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews

I am from Table Tennis Review team, yes sorry we deleted those SEA games videos due to copyrights restrictions. You can also watch some of Phakpoom's practice sessions in Facebook here:
https://fb.watch/f_ksqOWKUC/

Last edited: