New DONIC J.O. Waldner Gold Edition 1992 30th Aniversary Blade

says Aging is a killer
lodro;382828 said:

if compared to a similar BTY blade it is reasonably priced ............................😁

I know what you meant. But I think that you need to re-phrase. As it is, your words imply that the blademaker mentioned is in the counterfeit business.

Last edited:

ZFT

This user has no status.

ZFT

This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Indicative of how far behind Donic really is in the manufacture game. They are now just a straight copycat - what’s worse, a bad one at that, being years behind the other copycats in well, copying...

It’s sad, I remember a time when they had a presence in each major blade category:

Offensive Carbon = Waldner Senso / Ultra Senso
7 Ply Wood = Persson Powerplay
5 Ply Wood = Allplay
Defender = Defplay Senso
Innovation = Dotec, Senso

At least these other “Gold” version copycats are attempting to move the sport forward with ideas of their own: Cybershape, Hurricane Ji.

If anything, the Waldner named blade that needs to be brought back is the Donic Dotec Waldner Hinoki!

If they should continue to “just copy” here’s some free strategy advice:

1. Stop using Soulspin as they obviously charging you too much to OEM + no one uses spruce anymore.

2. Focus on these three blades and make them to the highest quality that you possibly can (kill off your bloated lower range if you have to):
- Outer Composite Koto with 10x better QC than Baum Esprit
- Inner Composite Limba, you’re basically there with No.1 “Gold” Senso
- Defplay Senso “Gold” update

3. Sponsor Kay Stumper and name the blade a “collaboration”. I.e. Waldner Senso x Kay Stumper Bundesliga edition. Even say you went on a recycling initiative and the blade was the result of this saving the earth and all. The actual reality being the pulping 50 other trash Donic blades that weren’t selling anyway.

I should be a consultant, hit me with a DM /s

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2022
Have ordered 2 of them in ST handle. Coming in January. Already have Waldner sc jo shape, Waldner offensive 2016 jo shape, Waldner sc jo shape 2016 version with Banda look alike handle and donic Waldner 89 WC. They will be my most valuable treasured blades even though I’ve already had +50 BTY blades since I’m a collector and active player. I consider JO WALDNER the real GOAT of TT. Aesthetically pleasant to see also. They’re the commemorative edition for the FIRST EVER VICTORY AT THE OLYMPIC IN TT HISTORY. Remember that, these blades are going to be the holy grail in few years as it happened with viscaria O series etc… I will be updating when I have the blades, will put 2X donic’s bluestar on it and let’s see the magic.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Have ordered 2 of them in ST handle. Coming in January. Already have Waldner sc jo shape, Waldner offensive 2016 jo shape, Waldner sc jo shape 2016 version with Banda look alike handle and donic Waldner 89 WC. They will be my most valuable treasured blades even though I’ve already had +50 BTY blades since I’m a collector and active player. I consider JO WALDNER the real GOAT of TT. Aesthetically pleasant to see also. They’re the commemorative edition for the FIRST EVER VICTORY AT THE OLYMPIC IN TT HISTORY. Remember that, these blades are going to be the holy grail in few years as it happened with viscaria O series etc… I will be updating when I have the blades, will put 2X donic’s bluestar on it and let’s see the magic.

from the point of view of a collector I can understand your enthusiasm 100%
From the point of view of a player however I would argue that there are at least several dozen
blades out there on the open market that could emulate the "same magic"

Reactions: SamTheMan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2022
Well, I have at least +30 blades IN MY HOUSE, as a collector, that probably would make “the magic” even better than this new ones donic Waldner blades as I mentioned before, but I don’t understand your point of view… don’t like these new donic blades? Don’t buy them, let people be happy, or do you want to encourage people to not buy them?. The OP was asking for someone who have more info or if someone will get them, your reply doesn’t contribute to the OP thread as well.

• Haha
Reactions: JEANJB and lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2022
Hi guys, sorry for the late update. I received my blades direct from schreiner website (donic’s headquarters for saying that way) . And I have to say that the blade quality is really amazing.

The head shape is an hybrid between a jo shaped blade (without those annoying wing at the handle) and a BTY harimoto or ovtcharov (158x152mm). Thickness is 6.15. Inner composite construction and made in korea. Maybe in the same factory as joola premium line and xiom blades, but the quality is above both of them and even above butterfly’s masterpieces like kenta matsudaira, Mizutani jun, golden vis, butterfly effort, etc. weight is 90g +- , limba outer ply, and it plays faster than the ovtcharov alc, maybe because of the green ALC, which is the same one used on the Andro vci and vco blades.

I totally recommend you this blade if you like an allround offensive modern game.

I paired it with donic bluestar a1 on FH and bluestorm pro on BH and it’s wonderful. (The same rubber setup as Waldi). Here you have some photos.
B3A84C79-C2DF-45F8-B75D-6ACB1805A6C7.jpeg
6353CE5E-02DB-4089-A945-AFDB0D700F51.jpeg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Hi guys, sorry for the late update. I received my blades direct from schreiner website (donic’s headquarters for saying that way) . And I have to say that the blade quality is really amazing.

The head shape is an hybrid between a jo shaped blade (without those annoying wing at the handle) and a BTY harimoto or ovtcharov (158x152mm). Thickness is 6.15. Inner composite construction and made in korea. Maybe in the same factory as joola premium line and xiom blades, but the quality is above both of them and even above butterfly’s masterpieces like kenta matsudaira, Mizutani jun, golden vis, butterfly effort, etc. weight is 90g +- , limba outer ply, and it plays faster than the ovtcharov alc, maybe because of the green ALC, which is the same one used on the Andro vci and vco blades.

I totally recommend you this blade if you like an allround offensive modern game.

I paired it with donic bluestar a1 on FH and bluestorm pro on BH and it’s wonderful. (The same rubber setup as Waldi). Here you have some photos.View attachment 24230View attachment 24231
Can you compare with more blades like viscaria or inerforce ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022
I had chance to play JOWGE, I had chance to play Synteliac VCI, they are crazy good
THICK handle on Donic
Synteliac gimmicks Harimoto's handles.
Both are pure joy, both are enough for you it is softer than inner alc

I paired it with donic bluestar a1 on FH and bluestorm pro on BH and it’s wonderful. (The same rubber setup as Waldi). Here you have some photos.
Bluestar and Bluestorm in 1992 :eek:

Cheers
L-zr

• Haha
Reactions: JJ Ng