Stolen Blade

This user has no status.
so the guy who didn´t received it,worked as a package courier in Toronto AIrport? Well i would not return him his money but that is only me as a layman. You have a shop and reputation,so you have to do this shit trough Lawyers. But if he is already known or compromised then you surely will win. But sounds like a shitload of Stress.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
why would a courrier steal it,except he plays tt,too.
Isn't that what I said earlier ? A tabletennis player actually being in existence in Canada & him / her also working for post office (courier), a shocking double coincidence 😊

NDH

says Spin to win!
It has come to light that he also worked at the Toronto Airport carrying packages out of airplanes.

This one went for 164€.

In this day and age, I think you need to use a courier service that provides photo evidence of delivery.

I work for a company who ships a lot of expensive items, and the amount of people who claim to never have received them is huge!

But unless you have the full tracking details, and photo evidence of the delivery, there really isn’t a lot you can do as the seller to argue the case.

It is your responsibility until it is delivered, and you need to be able to prove that.

If the price has to go up a little to cover the extra delivery charge, it’s probably worth it for your own piece of mind.

Also, the chances of it being stolen by a Canadian table tennis player is very slim 😂

I’d say it’s either simply got lost in the postal system (this happens ALL the time to so many different parcels).

Or the person actually has it, but says he doesn’t.

Is he asking for a new one or a refund?

Either way, it would be cheaper for you to make a new one and send it out I suspect - I wouldn’t give him a refund.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
I don't know how the courier service works. Someone told me he didn't receive an expensive item and the courier told him it's lost, but he got a message a few days later that that item was sold by auctions and he never received the money!
It seems once the item is put into the 'lost item' list, the item is no longer belong to you even your name and contact are still there.

Last edited:
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

Everybody knows a bit of something.
When I bought my blade of Sergio I paid in advance, this is quite normal . You also will not find a single merchant
on ebay etc. that will send an old shoe without you paying first.
ERGO: Sergio has got his money, this is not the problem !!!

Also, maybe all countries may have different rules so I can only tell how it is here: The moment a parcel
is being handed over to the post office or the courier picks it up, Sergio's responsibilities STOP.
It has now become the responsibility of the Post /courier to fulfill their part of the contract, namely TO DELIVER.

Most couriers and postal services are insured for losses like this anyway..

Reactions: Haraold
This user has no status.

lodro is right here,delivery always falls on the courrier company after you gave it to them,at least with DHL.
but if the guy who ordered the blade and "hasn´t received" is working in the Toronoto Airport ,he simply wants both,blade and refund.
or he simply received it,it got delivered and he says he never got it,and you have to proof he received it.
And Sérgio already stated he had problems with him in the Past,or did i misread his post?

NDH

says Spin to win!

Everybody knows a bit of something.
When I bought my blade of Sergio I paid in advance, this is quite normal . You also will not find a single merchant
on ebay etc. that will send an old shoe without you paying first.
ERGO: Sergio has got his money, this is not the problem !!!

Also, maybe all countries may have different rules so I can only tell how it is here: The moment a parcel
is being handed over to the post office or the courier picks it up, Sergio's responsibilities STOP.
It has now become the responsibility of the Post /courier to fulfill their part of the contract, namely TO DELIVER.

Most couriers and postal services are insured for losses like this anyway..

Yes and no.

The courier is responsible as long as you insure the goods properly and use the correct shipping method.

If you send a parcel on a 2nd rate service with little to no insurance cover, the seller has very little to cover them if the parcel gets lost.

If the parcel was insured to the correct value, the WORST case scenario is that Sergio gets his money back, and can make the customer another one (if the customer ends up with 2 because they are dishonest, then so be it - At least Sergio isn’t out of pocket).

But if the parcel isn’t insured correctly, and the tracking is inconclusive, it leave Sergio with 2 tough choices.

1. Call the customer a liar, not refund him or send him another blade (bad customer service unless you can be 100% sure).

2. Refund the customer and refuse to ship another one because you can’t be sure if the customer is telling the truth.

3. Ship another blade, with full insurance and tracking in case it happens again.

My choice would be number 3, as this would cost Sergio the least, and if the customer is being dishonest, it would annoy him the most!

If they clearly want the blade AND a refund, sending them a 2nd blade is useless for them - They can’t really sell it for much (Canada isn’t exactly a hot spot for 2nd hand table tennis sales) and they can’t really use a spare blade…..

This user has no status.
I would choose one,if i shipped 500 blades only 3 "didn´t get delivered" and he was in 2 of 3 Cases.
LBH we all know Sérgios reputation,if the guy stole more at the Airport not only a Blade,chances are pretty high in court i guess.
But that goes probably to court.
3 is probably the cheapest and less stressfull option,but i would show him the finger in the center of my Hand!
If he wants a refund tell him you wait for the "NAchforschungsauftrag" or something similiar,at least you only have to refund after the"Nachforschungsauftrag" is case closed.
At least you have up to 6-8 Weeks till you have to refund him,just to go on his Nutz!

Last edited:

NDH

says Spin to win!
I would choose one,if i shipped 500 blades only 3 "didn´t get delivered" and he was in 2 of 3 Cases.
LBH we all know Sérgios reputation,if the guy stole more at the Airport not only a Blade,chances are pretty high in court i guess.
3 is probably the cheapest and less stressfull option,but i would show him the finger in the center of my Hand!
If he wants a refund tell him you wait for the "NAchforschungsauftrag" or something similiar,at least you only have to refund after the"Nachforschungsauftrag" is case closed.
At least you have up to 6-8 Weeks till you have to refund him,just to go on his Nutz!

You obviously don’t ship much in the UK!

I’d hazard a guess that over 1,000 parcels go missing every day over here.

Some might eventually be found, but most get lost to the postal systems (often they aren’t stolen, just misplaced).

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Yes and no.

The courier is responsible as long as you insure the goods properly and use the correct shipping method.

If you send a parcel on a 2nd rate service with little to no insurance cover, the seller has very little to cover them if the parcel gets lost.

If the parcel was insured to the correct value, the WORST case scenario is that Sergio gets his money back, and can make the customer another one (if the customer ends up with 2 because they are dishonest, then so be it - At least Sergio isn’t out of pocket).

But if the parcel isn’t insured correctly, and the tracking is inconclusive, it leave Sergio with 2 tough choices.

1. Call the customer a liar, not refund him or send him another blade (bad customer service unless you can be 100% sure).

2. Refund the customer and refuse to ship another one because you can’t be sure if the customer is telling the truth.

3. Ship another blade, with full insurance and tracking in case it happens again.

My choice would be number 3, as this would cost Sergio the least, and if the customer is being dishonest, it would annoy him the most!

If they clearly want the blade AND a refund, sending them a 2nd blade is useless for them - They can’t really sell it for much (Canada isn’t exactly a hot spot for 2nd hand table tennis sales) and they can’t really use a spare blade…..

I am sorry but which part of : "Sergio has got his money upfront and is not out of pocket" do you not understand ???

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

Sergio does not have to refund anything.
He made the blade
He shipped the blade ( by a postal system that was automatically agreed to by the client )
End of legal responsibility.
Any further action Sergio chooses to undertake is simply out of kindness.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
As a customer, when I buy something online, often I can choose several shipping methods. I'll choose the one that's most suited to my needs, or to the object I'm buying. As a seller, my obligation is to ship the blade, this is my standard shipping method because it has been very reliable so far (3/500 is not a bad stat, or is it 1/500?), but I can and have used other shipping methods if the customer wants. I'm not paying for shipping at all, I'm just giving a choice, so if the customer wants to use another service like UPS or whatever, I'll gladly do it.

I did refund him the first time, it's another coincidence that the other guy preferred a second blade over a refund, which I also sent and was delivered. I also had to ship a couple of blades back at my own expense due to manufacturing mistakes, I do take responsibility when I mess up. But in this case I feel this is clearly a scam, his behavior was suspicious all the way through. I do have a 4th option, which is to contact the Airport, Postal service and authorities, because if this has happened to me twice, then surely it has happened to others.

NDH

says Spin to win!
I am sorry but which part of : "Sergio has got his money upfront and is not out of pocket" do you not understand ???

It depends if you are looking at it as an individual (Sergio), or a business who wants to keep an excellent reputation (SDC Blades).

I’ve never disputed Sergio not being paid upfront and having the money.

But if you remove the knowledge that we know Sergio is an excellent maker/person, and simply look at the fact “business A ships goods to customer B, and didn’t declare the full value of the goods for insurance purposes and cheaper shipping (to benefit customer B), and the package didn’t arrive” - Who should take the responsibility?

If you buy someone online from a big store (Walmart, Ikea etc), and the parcel goes missing, but the store turn around and tell you “tough luck” - Are you going to accept that?

I have no doubt that the person Sergio was dealing with is trying to scam him, and if I was Sergio I’d just ignore him from here on out.

Ultimately, it’s one of those situations where you could charge EVERYONE more for the shipping as standard (not giving people a choice, and making sure the shipping is fully tracked and insured), or….. you give people a choice and run the (rare) risk of this happening to a legit person

Given the 1 in 500 to legitimate people, I guess it’s probably worth carrying on doing what you’re doing Sergio, and if you ever have any suspicions of people, just charge them more for the shipping.

Reactions: latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011

It depends if you are looking at it as an individual (Sergio), or a business who wants to keep an excellent reputation (SDC Blades).

I’ve never disputed Sergio not being paid upfront and having the money.

But if you remove the knowledge that we know Sergio is an excellent maker/person, and simply look at the fact “business A ships goods to customer B, and didn’t declare the full value of the goods for insurance purposes and cheaper shipping (to benefit customer B), and the package didn’t arrive” - Who should take the responsibility?

If you buy someone online from a big store (Walmart, Ikea etc), and the parcel goes missing, but the store turn around and tell you “tough luck” - Are you going to accept that?

I have no doubt that the person Sergio was dealing with is trying to scam him, and if I was Sergio I’d just ignore him from here on out.

Ultimately, it’s one of those situations where you could charge EVERYONE more for the shipping as standard (not giving people a choice, and making sure the shipping is fully tracked and insured), or….. you give people a choice and run the (rare) risk of this happening to a legit person

Given the 1 in 500 to legitimate people, I guess it’s probably worth carrying on doing what you’re doing Sergio, and if you ever have any suspicions of people, just charge them more for the shipping.

Although I agree with everything you said, I think we are looking at different realities here. Those big companies, due to the volume of packages they ship, have contracts with couriers that substantially lowers the price. Also, if something gets "lost" in the mail, it's no biggie for them. Most small businesses like me can't afford that luxury. For example, normal shipping to the US with UPS, for just one blade, goes for about 60€ with tracking but uninsured. Even from a consumer perspective that's unreasonable for me, for an item that most of the time doesn't cost even double of that.

By the way, this package was sent with signature verification upon receiving, but that doesn't really work if the package doesn't even get there. Ultimately I have myself to blame for dealing with him a second time, but I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I have had multiple situations like this and it is very annoying. As a very small volume seller, even an occasional instance ensures I lose each year.

A big downer each time something doesn't arrive or someone scams. Being in business dealing with these hassles makes it pretty much not worth it.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Ok, I was really confused by your comment 😅.

Would it make it a bigger coincidence if I said that in over 500 shipped blades, this has happened 3 times, two of them with this same person? In fact, in the other case it was actually marked as delivered, the person just claimed he never got it. So besides these two, I never had a blade that didn't reach the destination.

I think this here is the important information. Which means, it is likely that you know the person who "stole" the blade.

Sorry that some people are messed up this way. You are someone who is making high quality blades that are also beautiful and some jerk wants to rip you off. It would be great if someone who is on TTDaily sees this guy at his local club playing with the blade so you can prove he got it and lied about it.

Reactions: hipnotic