What rubbers are faster than Evolution MXP?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
It seems that MXP along with G1 are the most popular tensor rubbers with MXP universally regarded as a very fast and catapulty rubber.

Which rubbers are considered and accepted as faster than MXP?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Andro Rasanter R47 or 48: same hardness, but way more bouncy and faster than MXP.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Andro Rasanter R47 or 48: same hardness, but way more bouncy and faster than MXP.

Did you actually compare them against each other using the same blade? I've tried R47 and MXP but haven't directly compared them.

How about the Bluestorm and Dynaryz rubbers?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022

Did you actually compare them against each other using the same blade? I've tried R47 and MXP but haven't directly compared them.

How about the Bluestorm and Dynaryz rubbers?

Of course I did that, the only downside is that I couldn't measure them with also the Stiga DNA Pro M using the exact same thickness: I've used the ultramax versions of the R47 and 48 that are supposed to be 2.3mm, then switched to the 2.1mm version of the Stiga DNA Pro M that was WAY easier to use, specially for blocking strategies. The MXP in 2.1/2.2 is exactly in between both the Stiga and the Rasanter, used them on a BTY Omar Assar blade first, then came back to my trusty Donic Waldner Diablo Senso. Rasanter series goes from 2.0 to ultramax 2.3mm thickness, so it's impossible to judge objectively cos' there's no 2.1 or 2.2 versions, but the difference to me was really strong still.

Now on the other hand the Rasanter 47/48 are a perfect addition to all wood ALL+/OFF- blades in the 1250 Hz area for intermediate players with the 2.0mm thickness (tried a club mate racket that was a Waldner Senso V1 with 2.0mm R48 both sides), the Omar Assar being kind of 1350 Hz using it with a ultramax R48 then R47 was too much of a challenge for my abilities to control it. But still, it's fast on all wood blades.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

Of course I did that, the only downside is that I couldn't measure them with also the Stiga DNA Pro M using the exact same thickness: I've used the ultramax versions of the R47 and 48 that are supposed to be 2.3mm, then switched to the 2.1mm version of the Stiga DNA Pro M that was WAY easier to use, specially for blocking strategies. The MXP in 2.1/2.2 is exactly in between both the Stiga and the Rasanter, used them on a BTY Omar Assar blade first, then came back to my trusty Donic Waldner Diablo Senso. Rasanter series goes from 2.0 to ultramax 2.3mm thickness, so it's impossible to judge objectively cos' there's no 2.1 or 2.2 versions, but the difference to me was really strong still.

Now on the other hand the Rasanter 47/48 are a perfect addition to all wood ALL+/OFF- blades in the 1250 Hz area for intermediate players with the 2.0mm thickness (tried a club mate racket that was a Waldner Senso V1 with 2.0mm R48 both sides), the Omar Assar being kind of 1350 Hz using it with a ultramax R48 then R47 was too much of a challenge for my abilities to control it. But still, it's fast on all wood blades.

Cool, I've played with R47 and MXP before, but I really couldn't notice which one is faster. If anything, I would have guessed that R47 is slightly faster on slow shots, and MXP is slightly faster on hard shots.

Any other rubbers you have tested against MXP?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
revspin says that Donic Bluestorm Z1 Turbo is the fastest rubber out there. i am currently playing with tibhar MXP evolution on my forehand. and tibhar aurus on my backhand. before MXP i played Aurus on my forehand and Donic bluestorm Z1 turbo on my backhand, but becuase i dont really have much experience with changing rubbers and i was just kind of playing the rubbers not analyzing them i cant make a very accurate decision. I can say that Bluestorm z1 turbo and MXP are both fast rubbers. i think if my memory serves me right bluestorm may ahve been faster than MXP but i cant really remember...

if you dont mind me asking why are you looking for a faster rubber than MXP. MXP is a pretty fast rubber already...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Yes Z1 Turbo has the highest speed rating on Revspin, but the website is not always reliable. Both are very fast indeed.

MXP is indeed very fast already, but its already a decade old as it came out in 2012. I'm just wondering if technology has improved with any faster rubbers in these recent years.

says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews

Have you tried these Xiom Jekyll&Hyde X47.5 rubbers ? Would are they closest to? tnx

I have tried V47.5, X47.5, H52.5. I am using V47.5 on BH as a replacement for my previous MXP. I think the V47.5 is the closest to MXP, the hardness and the throw angle. but I feel like V47.5 has a more "kick" to the ball, and the topsheet is a lot more durable. MXP topsheet loses its grip quite fast but V47.5 is still good after 3 months

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022
Read 1 reviews
Hurricane 3 NEO is overlooked in the european community in terms of speed. They dont have the technique to unlock the gear that the chinese professional players do. H3 NEO top end quality is unlimited, the harder you hit, the harder the ball goes, same applies with spin. It is virtually impossible to make it bottom out. T05 Hard is also faster than MXP. MXD & MXP 50 are also tibhar alternatives which are faster.

Reactions: lodro
says Rozena! You complete me.
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
I don't want to start a new thread so I'll piggy-back this thread to ask my question, if I may.

I have been using MX-P for my FH for close to a year now. It is now showing signs of wear and tear and is time to look for a replacement.

Should I buy back MX-P which I have come to love and grown fond off. Or should I be a little more adventurous and seek out its more muscled brother, i.e., MX-P 50 aka MX-P Hard.

Any help here?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
seek out its more muscled brother, i.e., MX-P 50 aka MX-P Hard.
From my experience, MX-P 50 is significantly more difficult to activate. The sponge is of course harder but it also has a different structure (smaller pores).

If you don´t feel any need to change because you´re missing something, stick to what you know and love.

Reactions: SamTheMan and lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
I'm really surprised that nobody mentioned omega 7 series and only one guy mentioned dna platinium series. Both of these rubbers are faster. Also joola ryhzer pro 50 is probably faster but not much.
bluestorm turbo z1 is also a rocket. I think dignics 80 is also faster.
gewo pro el 50 and 53 are also noticeably faster.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
From my experience, MX-P 50 is significantly more difficult to activate. The sponge is of course harder but it also has a different structure (smaller pores).

If you don´t feel any need to change because you´re missing something, stick to what you know and love.

Is the difference between Bluestorm z1 and z1 turbo the same would you say?