Liang Jingkun suspended

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews
Does anyone know what happened to Liang Jingkun?
Screenshot%2020221025%20051748%20jpg.jpeg

This user has no status.
Yep - and as for the celebration side of things, he should have been able to see it coming.

CTTA suspended WCQ for 6 months for throwing his racket on the table & ZJK was at one point demoted from national to provincial level team for continued bad behavior.

There are clearly precedents for punishments for acting disrespectfully.

No idea what LJK was thinking, LGY is his fellow teammate and men's doubles partner, why he would act so disrespectfully and rude towards him is a mystery to me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Yep - and as for the celebration side of things, he should have been able to see it coming.

CTTA suspended WCQ for 6 months for throwing his racket on the table & ZJK was at one point demoted from national to provincial level team for continued bad behavior.

There are clearly precedents for punishments for acting disrespectfully.

No idea what LJK was thinking, LGY is his fellow teammate and men's doubles partner, why he would act so disrespectfully and rude towards him is a mystery to me.

Wang hao also was suspended at some point. I think LJK could come back from this like the other mentioned guys did but the real question is if CNT sees a perspective for LJK from a performance perspective.

LJK will be 28 at the next Olympics and wcq has clearly surpassed him in performance so he might be the odd man out anyway.

However still at ma longs age and the generation behind WCQ not being ready yet maybe they want to keep ljk as a backup for third man since LGY is not reliable at all and the young guys behind them currently not really better than the good Europeans (of course in 2 years that could change as Chinese players have good coaching and can improve).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Are the new European players (Truls, Darko, Lebrun brothers) catching the new young Chinese players? I feel 10 years ago the new generation of young Chinese players were always levels above the rest. The gap seems to be closer now 🤔🤔

Reactions: davizoosk
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Are the new European players (Truls, Darko, Lebrun brothers) catching the new young Chinese players? I feel 10 years ago the new generation of young Chinese players were always levels above the rest. The gap seems to be closer now 🤔🤔

I definitely think that it isn't as easy anymore for new Chinese to dominate. Guys like wang hao oder liu guoliang came up at age 19-20 and destroyed all the european players.

The last Chinese player who did that was FZD but many now take until like 23-24 to reach their peak and have some struggles initially.

Right now the best under 20 Chinese is xiang peng and he has beaten some good players (I think he has a win against harimoto) but also lost against some mediocre europeans (for example 0-3 vs Jonathan groth this year).

He is a good player and I'm sure he will improve but he is far away from where wang hao or FZD were at 19. And behind xiang peng there also seems to be a gap behind him at the under 21 year old Chinese players, not sure who is really good amonst them even though someone else might come up like it often did in the past.

​​​​

Reactions: ttfunfan and longle
says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews

I definitely think that it isn't as easy anymore for new Chinese to dominate. Guys like wang hao oder liu guoliang came up at age 19-20 and destroyed all the european players.

The last Chinese player who did that was FZD but many now take until like 23-24 to reach their peak and have some struggles initially.

Right now the best under 20 Chinese is xiang peng and he has beaten some good players (I think he has a win against harimoto) but also lost against some mediocre europeans (for example 0-3 vs Jonathan groth this year).

He is a good player and I'm sure he will improve but he is far away from where wang hao or FZD were at 19. And behind xiang peng there also seems to be a gap behind him at the under 21 year old Chinese players, not sure who is really good amonst them even though someone else might come up like it often did in the past.

​​​​

I think European players now have better coaching, and new lethal Hybrid rubbers which outperforms China rubbers contributed a big part in it

Reactions: davizoosk
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022

I think European players now have better coaching, and new lethal Hybrid rubbers which outperforms China rubbers contributed a big part in it

Would be really interested to see how Cnt players do with hybrid rubbers. Although Fan Zhendong uses dignics 09c only on backhand

Reactions: longle
says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews

Would be really interested to see how Cnt players do with hybrid rubbers. Although Fan Zhendong uses dignics 09c only on backhand

They will probable dominate the planet once more, but I don't think they will do so but DHS will try to improve their Hurricanes. As for me, I played Chinese rubbers for ten years, just made a switch to hybrid rubbers recently (eg: DNA Dragon Grip, Xiom H52.5) and have to admit they made my shots much more lethal with my Chinese full swing style

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews

new lethal Hybrid rubbers which outperforms China rubbers

From my point of view, all the HYBRID rubbers are built to emulate Chinese rubbers - a grippy/sticky surface on a lively sponge as opposed to a dead sponge brought alive by lots of tuning.

So in which way would the Hybrids outperform the massively blown up Hurricanes?

says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
From my point of view, all the HYBRID rubbers are built to emulate Chinese rubbers - a grippy/sticky surface on a lively sponge as opposed to a dead sponge brought alive by lots of tuning.

So in which way would the Hybrids outperform the massively blown up Hurricanes?

You said it, It's the lively sponge that wins, you can't revive the dead 🤣

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2021
That was one of the more impressive transitions I've seen - turning something as juicy as intra-CNT love affairs and suspensions into an equipment thread.

Does WTT choose the replacement then or does China get to choose since it was their player and decision? A part of me hopes this could leave a crack in the door for Xu Xin to get to play, but I doubt it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
I just thought with the right amount of booster the Chinese rubbers weren´t so dead after all ;-)

I think this is one of the problems right... boosting is annoying plus many players don't know how to do it properly. When I have boosted rubbers in the past I don't always get my rubber the same each time which is annoying. Having rubbers you can just put on your bat and play is much easier.

Reactions: longle
says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
I just thought with the right amount of booster the Chinese rubbers weren´t so dead after all ;-)

no you won't, too much boosting will destroy the Chinese rubber's characteristic. Comparing with the latest Hybrid rubbers (Dignics 09c, DNA Dragon Grip, Tibhar K3, Xiom Jekyll&Hyde H52.5, etc), I think they have already surpassed boosted Chinese rubbers, so I decided to quit playing Chinese rubbers and the painful boosting process (which WAS fun)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018

no you won't, too much boosting will destroy the Chinese rubber's characteristic. Comparing with the latest Hybrid rubbers (Dignics 09c, DNA Dragon Grip, Tibhar K3, Xiom Jekyll&Hyde H52.5, etc), I think they have already surpassed boosted Chinese rubbers, so I decided to quit playing Chinese rubbers and the painful boosting process (which WAS fun)

Which Hybrid is your favourite or which one do you think is best? Wonder what happens if you boost the hybrid rubbers, anyone here tried that?

says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
That was one of the more impressive transitions I've seen - turning something as juicy as intra-CNT love affairs and suspensions into an equipment thread.

Does WTT choose the replacement then or does China get to choose since it was their player and decision? A part of me hopes this could leave a crack in the door for Xu Xin to get to play, but I doubt it.

Back to the topic, I don't think Xu Xin will replace LJK, LGY is a suitable candidate, he is about the same age as LJK but he does not perform really weil recently. And for the other young ones, they are far behind

says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews

Which Hybrid is your favourite or which one do you think is best? Wonder what happens if you boost the hybrid rubbers, anyone here tried that?

I have tried all of the mentioned above, and each of them has its strengths. For me personally I chose DNA Dragon Grip because it's the most balanced, it has a 55 degree hard sponge but does not feel dead, it's not too bouncy as 09c, more durable than K3, it can generates equally spin as my previous 729 Battle 2 National

I also tried to boost those hybrid rubbers sometimes, but it does not have a significant change like you boost a Chinese rubber. Mostly it will play worse so I don't suggest to boost them

Last edited: