TableTennisDaily signs partnership with Betterplay.ai

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
TABLETENNISDAILY SUPER LEAGUE SIGNS PARTNERSHIP WITH BETTERPLAY.AI

Partnership%20Announcement%20Betterplay%201%20png.png

We’re excited to announce TableTennisDaily Super League has signed a title sponsorship with Betterplay.ai for Season 2. Betterplay.ai is a project intended to revolutionize the way table tennis players and coaches analyse their games' videos. Betterplay achieve this by using sophisticated online software to automatically create highlight clips of your table tennis matches. Essentially Betterplay.ai makes your life much easier not having to watch through hours of footage. You can review your matches in 5 minutes simply by having the online software remove all the spaces where action doesn’t take place.

The first phase of Betterplay.ai is a web web-based application that does automated video editing. We are now using this software in all of our videos to help massively speed up our video editing time and help produce TableTennisDaily Team and TableTennisDaily Super League videos as quickly as possible.

Founder Yuri Miroshnik commented on the partnership:

We’re really excited to partner with TableTennisDaily and their audience. We believe that millions of players and fans around the world can enjoy our service. Anyone, regardless of the level, can improve their game and technique by doing video analysis using our fast highlight clip production. We’ve trained our state-of-the-art AI with tens of thousands of minutes of table tennis videos under every imaginable condition, angle, playing level and styles. Our service yields very accurate results and is ready for wide usage. Also, this partnership will allow us to collaborate closely with the TableTennisDaily team in creating future capabilities for our service, so that we can delight our users and fans.

Founder of TableTennisDaily Dan Ives commented:

“I’m completely thrilled that Betterplay.ai agreed to be part of TableTennisDaily. Betterplay.ai technology is absolutely world-class and second to none. Betterplay.ai enables our team to speed up our editing process for our videos and analyse our matches from tactics and techniques quickly. Betterplay.ai is really going to save us a lot of time, as the ai online application does all the hard editing process for you. This saves us having to watch full matches that can be up to 40 minutes long, Betterplay.ai can take this timeframe down to just 5 minutes! I heard a quote once that has always stuck to me, table tennis is spent 80% of the time picking up the ball. Betterplay.ai essentially removes everything from picking up the ball, to towelling down, to literally just when you play, the software highlights your matches so incredibly accurate. I can’t wait for the viewers to see all of Betterplay’s cutting edge tech in action during our videos. I really feel that the fans will be the biggest winners out of this fantastic partnership."

Dan%20Betterplay%20tshirt%20jpeg.jpeg

For more information about Betterplay.ai and their industry-leading table tennis AI technology, please check out Betterplay.ai website here: https://betterplay.ai/

ZFT

This user has no status.

ZFT

This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Hope the AI is a patient one and doesn’t learn over time how trash we all compared to the CNT.

“Congratulations user, from the 6 hours tournament matches uploaded I’ve determined there’s nothing of worth to be reviewed. Please play better. Goodbye” 😰

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Had a tournament yesterday where i was able to record some matches, and i wanted to test out betterplay.ai.
They provide you with 30minutes for free, so it was risk free, and the result is incredible to me!

I like to watch my matches to see my technique, and what strategies work or not. But all the time between points is really boring, so i often skip in between in the recordings, and some i must admit that i never watch. With betterplay.ai no more of this!

One match of 20 minutes was cut down to 9, and all the points where left in. It made it such a joy to re-watch the match, and it is much easier to pick up patterns in the match, because the points are played rapidly after each other, whereas before i might forget because of watching "dead time"

I have already bought more minutes, and I am really looking forward to use them to better analyze my matches in the future.

Reactions: Dan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Any demo available?
What do you mean with demo?
If you visit their website, you will see that there is a Demo Video, and instructions. When you sign up for the first time, you get 30 free minutes, so you can try with your own video without any cost.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
This is a really interesting concept. I am keen to try it out actually, even though it costs money, it saves time and time is money..
Has anyone tried it and don't mind sharing some of their videos? (original and post AI editing videos)

How long does the processing take?

Original:

Highlights:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews

Thanks! That actually looks good. I noticed there is a little green bar that appears after a point is won to indicate who won the point. Is there a setting to get rid of that?
How long did the processing take you for that video?

It was a long time ago, I just uploaded the video in the evening one day, and next day there was a link to download the processed video in the email.

Judging from the recently made videos such as https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=216AeAYDrfo, the green bar is either completely gone or there is an option to get rid of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I'll do a quick test now, interested if it works in a loud tournament setting.

This is what I found incredible with the tech. Even with background noise of the other tables, the system works perfectly. @vvk1 highlights above show this as there is a lot of other noise from the other tables.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Great TTD. When season 2 come out, when does it come out? Also I see there is a pricing model for Betterplay, any discounts forr TTD user?

We are hoping for season 2 to be ready for February 2023. We will have the whole season edited and will release 1 episode a week 🙌 Re discounts, i'll look into it now:)

Reactions: tomahawk11