How to take care of rubbers?

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Agree with Lazer!! Clean with water, and cleaner occasionally, restorer if needed.
I always cover my rubbers, either with non tacky protector sheet, or something like a larger sandwich bag, the type with a plastic zIp. Large enough to get whole bat in and zip up.
Mind you, I’m a bit lazy and use sweat between match games!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
You don't need overpriced table tennis specific sprays and sponges. A drop of plain SLS based liquid soap on a damp dollar store soft car washing sponge cut down to size and wipe, rinse and squeze the sponge under a tap until it is not soapy. Then dry with a soft microfiber fabric covered sponge and the rubber is like new.

You don't need protection films if you are not using tacky rubbers. As long as you keep your racket in a good case and keep it away from direct heat of the sun, exposure to chemical fumes or extreme humidity changes, you should be good.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I just put a drop of water on my hand and wipe clean. I do not use any version of cleaner. A sponge with a little water on it, wrung out would work to clean as well. You really don't need anything fancy.

I like protective sheets. But they are not needed. And I use ones that are not sticky. The grip of the clean rubber keeps the plastic sheet on the topsheet.

A bag, like IB66 described works fine as well. During play I steam the topsheet with my breath and wipe with my hand. But sweat, how IB66 described will also work.