A sticky rubber is a bad choice ....

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Sticky rubber is a bad choice, and very sticky rubber is very bad choice.

62-001 Sanwei TARGET generic type. It seems to be far superior to all the inverted topsheets on the market for its enormous amount of stickiness. Really impressive demonstration of the stickiness on the video.
However, this fancy rubber would be a regular vexing displeasure, giving you troubles a lot for the "energy damping effect". In addition, it is the china-type sticky topsheet to detract much from the ball acceleration with all the HYBRID euro rubbers. Sorry.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
Who said? Sticky rubbers are amazing, incredible amounts of spin. Yeah, it’s kinda slow, but if you want slightly more speed then why not go with hybrid ESN rubbers?

Just hit harder. If cant produce speed, you are too weak^^

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Sticky rubber is a bad choice, and very sticky rubber is very bad choice.

62-001 Sanwei TARGET generic type. It seems to be far superior to all the inverted topsheets on the market for its enormous amount of stickiness. Really impressive demonstration of the stickiness on the video.
However, this fancy rubber would be a regular vexing displeasure, giving you troubles a lot for the "energy damping effect". In addition, it is the china-type sticky topsheet to detract much from the ball acceleration with all the HYBRID euro rubbers. Sorry.

You are starting a war with tacky lovers like myself 😂

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I have 2 gripes about sticky rubbers.

1. It’s a dust magnet.
2. The stickiness usually disappear quick.

Except for this no problem.

Cheers
L-zr

These then really are no problems at all because you have chosen NOT to use sticky rubbers.
It is a free world after all 😁 (or so they want us to believe.)

Personally I have no problems keeping my rubbers clean , it is just a routine. Also , my rubbers keep their
stickiness for many months and they are cheap.

This user has no status.
Something often not mentioned about tacky rubbers, I use H3 Neo for years now on many different blades , these rubbers just wouldn't work well in your first sessions, actually right now I have it on Stiga Allround and it almost took a month to function as I please , normally it takes 10 days / 4 sessions to unlock the power

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Sticky rubber is a bad choice when you don’t have a proper coach to train you, and/or you are just a delusional Joe in 40s. A tacky rubber requires a lot of effort and precision, which most of amateurs including me don’t have because many of us are just hobby/ weekend players. So a word of advice from an amateur to another, who already wasted about two years trying to master tacky rubbers without ample training and coaching, just Pick a setup that is less demanding and makes your life easier, specially during the competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Sticky rubber is a bad choice when you don’t have a proper coach to train you, and/or you are just a delusional Joe in 40s. A tacky rubber requires a lot of effort and precision, which most of amateurs including me don’t have because many of us are just hobby/ weekend players. So a word of advice from an amateur to another, who already wasted about two years trying to master tacky rubbers without ample training and coaching, just Pick a setup that is less demanding and makes your life easier, specially during the competition.

Sent from mg Tapatalk

I think there might be a flaw in this way of thinking.
You assume that amateurs MUST reach skills like the top players but of course we never will.
We will always play other amateurs, even in competition.
Speed and power is not necessarily a winner at this level, spin , placing, observation and anticipation will do the trick and sticky rubbers
will help at this level of play, even un-boosted.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews

I think there might be a flaw in this way of thinking.
You assume that amateurs MUST reach skills like the top players but of course we never will.
We will always play other amateurs, even in competition.
Speed and power is not necessarily a winner at this level, spin , placing, observation and anticipation will do the trick and sticky rubbers
will help at this level of play, even un-boosted.

Exactly. Besides that, you need way more precision especially close to the table, with esn softer and bouncier rubbers.

And another arguements against it: in China you will find many many amateur players and below, who use harder and sticky rubbers, at least on fh, to learn, control and get a better feel for what they are doing, which is way harder with non-linear rubbers.

Reactions: James Z and lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Well. Regarding amateurs and tacky rubbers. I never needed any coaching regarding using these rubbers. It just has to do with how you play and where you are heading with your play style. It's not especially hard to play harder tacky rubbers, it's just a slightly different technique required to use them the correct way.

Reactions: James Z and lodro