Yinhe Jupiter 3 Amazing Rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I just want to highlight this Yinhe Jupiter 3 rubber. It's not a rubber that I see get talked about much, but its honestly a really remarkable and great rubber. I recently started using it on my FH in 39 degree, and I'm playing much better with it. It is very much like a hybrid rubber, with a tacky topsheet (tackier than ESN hybrids), and a bouncy fast sponge. I compared it with a Bluegrip C2, and I felt the speed was very similar but the Jupiter had more spin and power. Jupiter also seemed to have a higher arc. The rubber doesn't need to be boosted at all, its naturally very bouncy.

This is a very powerful rubber with very fast basic drive speed as well. It's very different from H3, as it doesn't quite get the same level of spin. It doesn't have the feeling of holding the ball on the rubber and getting unlimited amounts of spin the way H3 does. But the loop is very deadly, as the combination of speed and spin can really overwhelm the opponent. Opening loops feel quite effortless and natural. The good arc combined with the inherent bounciness makes opening loops easy. Also, I never knew I was so good at flicking until I switched to this rubber. I can flick very consistently and easily with this rubber. The bounciness and lack of spin sensitivity seems to make it good at flicks and also blocks.

The area where the Jupiter 3 is less ideal is serve and short game. Compared to H3, its just much more bouncy. At times my serve can go long or high, and same with pushes. I'm sure over time you can get used to it, but its just one natural consequence of having a bouncy sponge.

I'm so impressed by this rubber that next time I want to try it in 41 degree sponge. Hopefully its even more powerful, and also 41 degree sponge probably leaves some margin for boosting down to 40 or 39 hardness.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022

""""""""""""I'm so impressed by this rubber that next time I want to try it in 41 degree sponge. Hopefully its even more powerful, and also 41 degree sponge probably leaves some margin for boosting down to 40 or 39 hardness. """"""""""

Sorry but this just makes absolutely NO SENSE to me at all

Why? Don't leave me hanging lodro

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Could you provide us with a picture or/and link to what rubber exactly you are referring? There are several jupiter 3s out there and actually all of them are fh rubbers but you the characteristics you are describing are one of a typical bh rubber...

sure. It's this rubber.

I think you would like it very much. From the way you talked about the Loki Arthur China, I think they are probably quite similar rubbers. This rubber is very much a hybrid, so it works very well on FH as I am using it. But I flipped it around and it works well on BH as well.

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I doubt its sponge will reach the quality of real hybrid rubbers 😂 which rubber do you compare it to ?
As I wrote, It just compared it to a Bluegrip C2 that my partner had with him. Definitely the "feeling" was quite different. But in terms of shot quality, I really couldn't say there is a big difference in the quality of my shots.

I'm not sure what you mean by "sponge quality". Can you clarify?

I'm speaking about my experience of shot quality, and I thought both were really excellent.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
The Jupiter 3 has a distinctly rubbery, bouncy, elastic feeling. Like a small rubber-band ball.

The Bluegrip, relatively speaking, has a softer feeling, like some kind of high-tech mesh. All ESN rubbers essentially have this "high tech mesh" feeling, but I don't know how to describe it.

says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
As I wrote, It just compared it to a Bluegrip C2 that my partner had with him. Definitely the "feeling" was quite different. But in terms of shot quality, I really couldn't say there is a big difference in the quality of my shots.

I'm not sure what you mean by "sponge quality". Can you clarify?

I'm speaking about my experience of shot quality, and I thought both were really excellent.

Thanks, according to you, I guess the Jupiter 3 will be very similar to Battle 2 National Blue sponge in terms of speed. By sponge quality I mean, those hybrids sponge have this lively catapult effect that Chinese rubbers do not, even when boosted. Maybe that's why the price is much higher

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

Thanks, according to you, I guess the Jupiter 3 will be very similar to Battle 2 National Blue sponge in terms of speed. By sponge quality I mean, those hybrids sponge have this lively catapult effect that Chinese rubbers do not, even when boosted. Maybe that's why the price is much higher

Well, as I said, the bounciness, the elasticity, the catapult of Jupiter 3 is very high. I would say that even without booster, it is equal to ESN hybrids. I hope you try it to see if you agree. It's not so expensive anyway. I think the catapult in 38 and 39 hardness is more than 40 or 41.

Jupiter 3 is much faster and more catapulty than Battle 2. I've used Battle 2 provincial, and its much less catapult than Jupiter 3.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews

sure. It's this rubber.

I think you would like it very much. From the way you talked about the Loki Arthur China, I think they are probably quite similar rubbers. This rubber is very much a hybrid, so it works very well on FH as I am using it. But I flipped it around and it works well on BH as well.

Sorry the link isnt working from my country, probably because they arent sending it to germany.

​​​​i suppose it this one: https://ibb.co/gv56DDq

Yeah im a bit intrigued, but only for bh as a better suiting option as H8-80 because that one didnt work well for me on BTY FZD alc.

But for now i will stick with Xiom Vega pro, because i am in the middle of the season and never switch to new setups as long as i dont have at least 2 weeks training with it, without any matches or tournaments.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

Sorry the link isnt working from my country, probably because they arent sending it to germany.

​​​​i suppose it this one: https://ibb.co/gv56DDq

Yeah im a bit intrigued, but only for bh as a better suiting option as H8-80 because that one didnt work well for me on BTY FZD alc.

But for now i will stick with Xiom Vega pro, because i am in the middle of the season and never switch to new setups as long as i dont have at least 2 weeks training with it, without any matches or tournaments.

Look forward to hearing how your test with Jupiter 3 goes. I'm curious how it compares to your Arthur China.

Why do you choose Vega Pro on your BH instead of more "advanced" tensor rubbers like Omega or MXP or something?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
Look forward to hearing how your test with Jupiter 3 goes. I'm curious how it compares to your Arthur China.

Why do you choose Vega Pro on your BH instead of more "advanced" tensor rubbers like Omega or MXP or something?

Wont buy it before the end of December.
I suppose it wont feel that hard as Arthur China, because of the factory tuning. After checking out some more reviews im kinda wondering how long it will last and how consistent the rubber is, especially because of the price. There has to be some kind of tradeoff. Maybe it is hugely spin sensitive, but i will see.

To answer your question: Mentioned rubbers are way too expensive for what they give me. I thought about them some years ago, but paying 50-60€ for something that helps me play 3% or whatever better and dies out after around 3 months... no thank you.

My only concern here is that the Vego pro doesnt give me punch/countertopspin control over enemy attacks or loops. While i could counterattack, punch-/block loops from a Tenergy 05, i cant do that right now. The ball usually bounces off, with very very little margin for error, and that is really annoying.
Therefore i will most certainly go back to the Vega X which felt more dynamic but still more controlable. A little less speed imo but more spin, which is either way more important for me, because i have enough strength to pull out speed from myself.
So either ill go for your jupiter 3 suggestion or i will play with Vega X for the next year or so.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

Wont buy it before the end of December.
I suppose it wont feel that hard as Arthur China, because of the factory tuning. After checking out some more reviews im kinda wondering how long it will last and how consistent the rubber is, especially because of the price. There has to be some kind of tradeoff. Maybe it is hugely spin sensitive, but i will see.

To answer your question: Mentioned rubbers are way too expensive for what they give me. I thought about them some years ago, but paying 50-60€ for something that helps me play 3% or whatever better and dies out after around 3 months... no thank you.

My only concern here is that the Vego pro doesnt give me punch/countertopspin control over enemy attacks or loops. While i could counterattack, punch-/block loops from a Tenergy 05, i cant do that right now. The ball usually bounces off, with very very little margin for error, and that is really annoying.
Therefore i will most certainly go back to the Vega X which felt more dynamic but still more controlable. A little less speed imo but more spin, which is either way more important for me, because i have enough strength to pull out speed from myself.
So either ill go for your jupiter 3 suggestion or i will play with Vega X for the next year or so.

Did you try Big Dipper 38 on your BH? A friend of mine is using it for his BH and he loves it. Power and spin at a low price, so seems to fit your demands. Jupiter 3 also comes in 37d and 38d, so would be nice on BH as well.

I'm thinking for my next setup to test Jupiter 3 41d on FH and Big Dipper 38d on BH. Very potent offensive setup.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
Did you try Big Dipper 38 on your BH? A friend of mine is using it for his BH and he loves it. Power and spin at a low price, so seems to fit your demands. Jupiter 3 also comes in 37d and 38d, so would be nice on BH as well.

I'm thinking for my next setup to test Jupiter 3 41d on FH and Big Dipper 38d on BH. Very potent offensive setup.

No i wont play a rubber that differs batch to batch that hard.
A teammate had a rubber that was close to nontacky for example. Others differ in hardness and several batches were completely different in terms of speed.

If J3 plays closeley to C2/D09c and is consistent then this would be a dream

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

No i wont play a rubber that differs batch to batch that hard.
A teammate had a rubber that was close to nontacky for example. Others differ in hardness and several batches were completely different in terms of speed.

If J3 plays closeley to C2/D09c and is consistent then this would be a dream

It doesn't differ batch to batch. It comes in different versions. When you buy the rubber, you can select the hardness version that you want. I selected and received 39d. Next time I want to test 41d. So you will always get the hardness that you selected.

In my opinion, yes, J3 does play very close to C2 or D09c and other ESN hybrids. I wouldn't be surprised if some people thought the J3 was even better in performance. Certainly the J3 is much tackier than C2, and probably spinnier and more arc. The biggest difference is that "feel" of the rubber. If you really are used to that ESN feeling, J3 doesn't feel the same. But the shot quality (spin, speed, arc) may in fact be higher.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Hmm, C2 and D09c don't feel the same at all. C2 is more in the "traditional" Chinese feel, while D09c is quite bouncy in comparison. C2 topsheet doesn't feel so stretchy and D09c feels very stretchy.

C2 probably is closer to chinese style of rubbers.