Yinhe Jupiter 3 Amazing Rubber

This user has no status.
I looked at Jupiter 3 Asia around July, and I have also seen the excitement in the reviews about this rubber, so I had to give it a try and ordered a pair of 39 deg sheets, then mounted them on Yinhe Uranus U3. I ran into an unlucky batch however with the black sheet, which has weird transitions between super glossy and grainy parts, and some other blotches. It turned out, that this is more of a cosmetic issue, just be aware, that this could also happen (I ordered a replacement 39deg black sheet, and it also had this problem).
I also plan to order a few more sheets, probably I will try a pair on a hinoki outer ply blade as well (I was thinking about Yinhe T8s, but maybe it would be a bit too fast for this rubber).

I found this rubber to be spinny enough, but not so spectacularly (lifting up underspin balls is relatively easy). What amazes me, is the speed and the ease of use / high control (no weird dynamics in either exiting angle or rebound speed), which makes this rubber very viable for styles with less emphasis on maximum spin, but more on fast and precise placements - also, this makes it a lot easier to stay in a rally. The only thing, where I feel some limitations is the service.

I am also having some fun very recently with Yinhe Saturn Pro /medium/ - which is a completely different story, but also an interesting rubber.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Hope you like it. What was your thinking on why to pick the 37d hardness? Are you planning to use it on BH?

Yes. The H8-80 H37 is quite good and also durable, but when it is spent, I'll put H3 H37 prov. back (that one is almost new), just to feel the difference again and realize it. Now I'll sneak the J3 H37 in between, maybe between the season halves. The price is excellent. I hope the hardness will match. Another rubber I'd take is H3 H38 comm., still more expensive than J3, but OK. Now I think I will not come back to H8-80 but who knows...

Couple of weeks ago I took my H3 H41 BS and H8-80 for wellness, one by one, and tested different rubbers. Rakza Z on Vodak Horejsi and BlueGrip C2 and H3 comm. 40 on Viscaria. Long story short, the H3 BS shortly afterwards developed a bubble. It is already 3rd in line. The bubbles are on the same place, so probably not rubber's fault. And I had a problem, because I didn't have a new H3 sheet, couldn't get one in CR and it would take too long from Ali.

Before Zwill could warn me about the weight, I ordered the Nittaku Hurricane Pro 3 Turbo Blue :) The rubber is heavy. My setup with H3 H41 BS was 195g and now it is 204g. The H3 H41 BS was a bit stretched, so it is more like 7g heavier (rather than 9g). But the quality and feeling is supreme. The quality feels to me higher than provincial. I didn't play H3 national, but I imagine it is like that. The rubber is harder than H41, as also the durometer confirms, I'd say like H42,5. The sound is quite unique, cracky-metallic, a bit different than BlueGrip C1. It doesn't feel faster than H3 H41, or more aggressive. The best is looping, even with full power the ball lands - with H3 H41 it could go over. OK, perhaps this is just the new toy effect, but it really feels better to me here. On slow balls, like those when you need to come back to table a bit, I initially put a lot of balls to the net, the balls which with H3 H41 I thought would land. But I could adjust quickly. The biggest drawback is of course the weight. I do not regret buying it at all. Cheers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I had a brief moment today to test the Rakza Z. and I have to say, it is quite a bit slower than the Jupiter 3. It is also far less tacky. Seems insane to say that a $15 rubber is better than a $45 ESN rubber, but that may indeed be true.

says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
I had a brief moment today to test the Rakza Z. and I have to say, it is quite a bit slower than the Jupiter 3. It is also far less tacky. Seems insane to say that a $15 rubber is better than a $45 ESN rubber, but that may indeed be true.

I ordered a 40 degree black sheet J3 Asia with only 13$ to see if it can replace my DNA Dragon Grip and take me back to Chinese style or not. 13$ vs 44$, I don't expect much but it's interesting just to try

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020

Good info for me, because I know Rakza Z.

I've ordered the J3 red H37 on 3.11. in the "Palio Original Store" on AliExpress. After couple of days the tracking state changed, I think "shipped" if I'm not mistaken, and yesterday (23.11, after 20 days), it says: "Order cancelled." :) Stay away from that particular "original" "store".

Now I think I'll not order it again. I don't look for rubber which is bouncier than RZ. I think later I'll go back to the H3 H37. What other tacky, or semi-tacky (or more tacky than semi-tacky :) ) reasonably priced rubber in H37 - H38 would you recommend? Big Diper?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

I ordered a 40 degree black sheet J3 Asia with only 13$ to see if it can replace my DNA Dragon Grip and take me back to Chinese style or not. 13$ vs 44$, I don't expect much but it's interesting just to try

Looking forward to hear your findings. Did you order from Shopee?

I think you will be surprised to find that J3 maybe indeed matches the Dragon Grip. Although I have never used the 40d. I tested the 39d. Not sure if 40d will require slight boosting

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Good info for me, because I know Rakza Z.

I've ordered the J3 red H37 on 3.11. in the "Palio Original Store" on AliExpress. After couple of days the tracking state changed, I think "shipped" if I'm not mistaken, and yesterday (23.11, after 20 days), it says: "Order cancelled." :) Stay away from that particular "original" "store".

Now I think I'll not order it again. I don't look for rubber which is bouncier than RZ. I think later I'll go back to the H3 H37. What other tacky, or semi-tacky (or more tacky than semi-tacky :) ) reasonably priced rubber in H37 - H38 would you recommend? Big Diper?

Well it depends what you are looking for. Big Dipper is one of my favorite rubbers because it is semi-tacky but also very fast and bouncy. It works for both forehand and backhand and is available in 38d. If you want fast, bouncy, spinny, then Big Dipper is great.

But if you want something similar to H3 (slow, spinny, tacky) then probably Battle 2 and Loki are closer. Sanwei Target is somewhat similar also except it has a extremely low-arc.

says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews

Looking forward to hear your findings. Did you order from Shopee?

I think you will be surprised to find that J3 maybe indeed matches the Dragon Grip. Although I have never used the 40d. I tested the 39d. Not sure if 40d will require slight boosting

Yes I ordered from Shopee. I have always played with 40d with 1 layer of Falco in all my previous rubbers (H3, TG3, Battle2) so I will do the same with Jupiter 3

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
Sooooo my offseason tests are set.

First of all i will test the Sanwei PBO, because Gan said so 🤣, jk but his review still played a role in this decision making.
I will probably test it with an older sheet of Tibhar Hybrid K2 or my second sheet of Big Dipper 2, depending the size of the blade. If the used rubber will fit i will use it. And bh will be the Vega X probably.

Second i will test my FZD blade with J3 41 on FH and 37 on bh. It will probably be too weak and too weird of an arc for my fh if your review is correct, but it could be a decent bh rubber. Otherwise you owe me 36€ xD.

Third i am curious about Yinhe Moon 12blue. Pretty new rubber from Yinhe which is supposed to be a decent bh rubber.

Lets hope the stuff comes around the middle of December so i have enough time, otherwise something will have to wait to be tested. Second half of the season start already at the 13.01.2023 and i have to be ready because ill play at least 2 spots higher than before.

Reactions: mocker88
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Sooooo my offseason tests are set.

First of all i will test the Sanwei PBO, because Gan said so 🤣, jk but his review still played a role in this decision making.
I will probably test it with an older sheet of Tibhar Hybrid K2 or my second sheet of Big Dipper 2, depending the size of the blade. If the used rubber will fit i will use it. And bh will be the Vega X probably.

Second i will test my FZD blade with J3 41 on FH and 37 on bh. It will probably be too weak and too weird of an arc for my fh if your review is correct, but it could be a decent bh rubber. Otherwise you owe me 36€ xD.

Third i am curious about Yinhe Moon 12blue. Pretty new rubber from Yinhe which is supposed to be a decent bh rubber.

Lets hope the stuff comes around the middle of December so i have enough time, otherwise something will have to wait to be tested. Second half of the season start already at the 13.01.2023 and i have to be ready because ill play at least 2 spots higher than before.
Why not test the new Yinhe Moon Speed 53. I have heard really good things about it.

I have only tested the J3 in 39d and it was excellent. Not sure how the 41d will be out of package. The high hardness may take away from the bounciness and you may need to use booster to make it more playable. But I'm curious to hear your results of using J3 and also how it compares to the Loki Arthur China.

Reactions: Tipiak
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
Why not test the new Yinhe Moon Speed 53. I have heard really good things about it.

I have only tested the J3 in 39d and it was excellent. Not sure how the 41d will be out of package. The high hardness may take away from the bounciness and you may need to use booster to make it more playable. But I'm curious to hear your results of using J3 and also how it compares to the Loki Arthur China.

Actually not possible to buy that rubber to germany. It is simply not availlable. I didnt even know about that one^^

I play a stronger fh by simply hitting harder than most, which is why i picked it that hard, especially because it is already tuned. Ill see how dense the rubber is and how it feels, but ill probably test it either way without boosting first. Otherwise it would be harder to compare to LAC anyways.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022

Actually not possible to buy that rubber to germany. It is simply not availlable. I didnt even know about that one^^

I play a stronger fh by simply hitting harder than most, which is why i picked it that hard, especially because it is already tuned. Ill see how dense the rubber is and how it feels, but ill probably test it either way without boosting first. Otherwise it would be harder to compare to LAC anyways.

What degree is lac?

Reactions: latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020

Actually their description just says "very hard". According to other rubbers from Loki it should be around 50+

Thanks. If you'd compare with H3s (which we can get from H37 to H41), where approx. would you put it?

Btw. if you like hard rubbers you may enjoy Nittaku Hurricane Pro 3 Turbo Blue, I'd say it is H43.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
Thanks. If you'd compare with H3s (which we can get from H37 to H41), where approx. would you put it?

Btw. if you like hard rubbers you may enjoy Nittaku Hurricane Pro 3 Turbo Blue, I'd say it is H43.

Smth like that is hard to compare. First of all you have different scales and second you shouldnt forget that these sponges have a different density.
third i am pretty sure that lac is factory tuned which gives you a totally different feel.

​​​​​​Compared to my boosted H3 experience i would go here for smth in between 39 and 40.

says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
Nov 2022
Second i will test my FZD blade with J3 41 on FH and 37 on bh. It will probably be too weak and too weird of an arc for my fh if your review is correct, but it could be a decent bh rubber.

I'm very interested in new Yinhe rubbers. Looking for smth faster than 729 Geospin Tacky but the same spin for BH. J3 has already enough reviews when Moon 12 blue is a rubber no one tried. Also found on Ali a Tuttle Beijing National V (5). On a french forum it is compared with Hurricane 3 National. It also has a colorful (Blue, pink, green) version with more elastic sponge for abt 20$.
​​​​​

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Well it depends what you are looking for. Big Dipper is one of my favorite rubbers because it is semi-tacky but also very fast and bouncy. It works for both forehand and backhand and is available in 38d. If you want fast, bouncy, spinny, then Big Dipper is great.

But if you want something similar to H3 (slow, spinny, tacky) then probably Battle 2 and Loki are closer. Sanwei Target is somewhat similar also except it has a extremely low-arc.

It's not that I really need something, it's OK with H3 H37 and H8-80 H37. From time to time I want to try rel. cheap rubber, perhaps a bit bouncier, but not much. I've ordered Big Dipper red H38, the price is good, just like J3. It will come in 2 weeks but I'll likely test it much later, in April/May. Btw. the shop I mentioned gave the full refund for the J3, so that's OK.

I had B2 H39 and B2 BS H40, but I prefer H3 on FH, and harder. Others like Loki LAC, Sanwei STN and Victas TDE would be nice to try, hypothetically :). Cheers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I think you will like the Big Dipper. I also just ordered a sheet of Big Dipper in 38d to test on backhand. It's advertised as a forehand rubber, but works really well as a BH rubber as well. Almost like a heavily discounted D09c for backhand.