Anyone tried Victas V>22 yet?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I hit around with it for about 10 minutes I think. It's a very good A class ESN rubber. Fast, easy to spin, good for counter attack.

But I didn't notice any dramatic difference from other ESN rubbers like MXP or Omega or something. If you like those rubbers, you will like V22.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
I'm currently using V-20 on my FH and like it a lot. I'm curious about the difference between V-20 and V-22.

Reactions: chris007
This user has no status.
I'm currently using V-20 on my FH and like it a lot. I'm curious about the difference between V-20 and V-22.

V > 20 is 52.5, where as V > 22 is 50. V > 20 is supposed to be more all-around and more balanced, as well as safer to use. I was a big fan of V > 20 when I first got it, but then died quickly, so I've been hesitant to try V > 22. I'm currently very happy with V > 15 and it's already lasted much longer than V > 20 while still maintaining high level performance.

Reactions: TIME
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019

V > 20 is 52.5, where as V > 22 is 50. V > 20 is supposed to be more all-around and more balanced, as well as safer to use. I was a big fan of V > 20 when I first got it, but then died quickly, so I've been hesitant to try V > 22. I'm currently very happy with V > 15 and it's already lasted much longer than V > 20 while still maintaining high level performance.

Thanks, that helps!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
Just put my V>22 on my ZJK blade. I really like the rubber. Its got really amazing grip almost like a tacky H3. Speed is med fast with good control. Faster than H3 but not as powerful as Dragon Grip. Throw angle is medium. Don't know about longevity but I hope the performance doesn't drop off too much. For short game the grip is good for flicks and pushes. Even bad quality strokes will find the table so it has a large margin of error. Far from the table looping has good power with accurate placement. It's not a heavy rubber so I think I will use this for awhile.

Reactions: TIME
I ordered one V>22 in blue (2.0) and also a Hammond Z2 in 1.8...they are underway from Japan...😃

Arrived!

IMG-8129.jpg

Reactions: Haraold
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
These are both really nice rubbers indeed. But why did you go for such thin sponges? Feels like a bit of a wasted opportunity

These are both really nice rubbers indeed. But why did you go for such thin sponges? Feels like a bit of a wasted opportunity

For me?

The Victas comes on my FH from the SDC (is a slightly slower racket with inner carbon and Hinoki on the outer layer, the Rakza Z 2.0 is not the ideal combination).
The Hammond Z2 comes on my FH from the Andro Ligna_TP CI. (now Gewo Hype XT pro40, 1.9).
I am an older player and have not played with thick rubbers for years. It used to be when we were still young and vital.
But I'am still trying to play with spin.

This user has no status.
2.0 is not thin though? Most amateurs play with equipment that is way too fast for them, and I can pretty easily finish off points against 2000+ level players with just 2.0mm.

I'm liking the V22 more and more. The grip feels like the ball is locked onto the rubber when I hit it. I've switched my Z2 to the BH. It flicks really well with spin and control. I landed 8/10 flicks during one match. With K3 I would miss a lot more.

Have you played with V > 15 Extra? Just curious if the difference is worth the extra $$$, and from a lot of the (Japanese) reviews I've read, it doesn't really look like it.