Ma Long Lost Again :(

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2012
I think it's because of the crowd keep shouting everytime lee sang su won a point,that should affect his mental there

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
My KFTTC mate Neil is on ground at Korea open and I called him during the match and crowd was real loud cheering Lee Sang Soo. Neil is lovin' the action and you cannot beat teh admission price to teh Korea Open venue in Bucheon : it is aboslutely FREE of cost!

Wow!!! Free admission??!! Excellent promotion to the sport, not that Koreans need any more motivations to play their TT:)..

Like I said when Koki beat Ma Long, other players will learn from that. I also mentioned that if Ma Long does not improve and identify his weaknesses soon, he will be in a whole lot of trouble at the Olympics. I find that he's worried about his BH so much that at times he leaves his FH open for attacks. More often than most, the opponents will initiate the attack and he will always end up defending.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Ma Long's serves and short game were just terrible in that game, simple as that. Normally his serves aren't that bad....
His short game has always been a major weakness, and Lee's backhand flips are better than most, so he was able to exploit that weakness more than most players are able to.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Ma Long played badly on many levels. He looked tentative attacking. He kept pushing with his forehand and was not initiating the attack. He kept missing when he did attack. He even chopped one of Lee Sang Su's loops. He also kept setting up to receive serve with his forehand and was totally just looking to push when he received serve with his forehand most of the time.

But, scylla24, you are right, his serves and his short game really were bad. He kept giving high balls. He looked like a different player than when he had his streak. He missed more attacks with his forehand than he made.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
Read 2 reviews
The form of ML chg lots from WTTC when he play at Final. Or is it he purposely lost it, so that when come Olympics, others teams will take it easy? Just my own conspiracy.
If not, then as all you guys said, his mental strength are not strong enought to handle the pressure.