Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 59 91
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 91 59

User Info Menu

May 2011
    Read 0 Reviews
    It is not affiliated with an existing brand (which would only add to the price as a royalty charge would go on top of the price). It is made by the same place that manufactures blades for probably half of the top brands in TT.

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 18 505
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 505 18
    ohhhhh.... nice blade

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 155 889
    T
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 889 155
    Quote Originally Posted by TableTennisDaily
    TableTennisDaily member and World number 130 William Henzell has just released his two latest table tennis blades that he has been working on for over a year now.

In Williams own words from aussietabletennis.com

I have some great news - today marks the release of my new range of rackets that have been in the making for over a year now. I'm adding two new blades which I have developed personally. The process of selecting new blades is long and cumbersome - you ask the factory for specific dimensions, certain types of wood / carbon, the right weight and the right feel. There were 8 initial candidates for my top of the range blade and I whittled this down to 2. I asked for some changes to be made and eventually found exactly what I had been looking for. I'm a perfectionist on the table and will not stop until I am completely happy.

Williams TWO blades

William Henzell Platinum blade

The William Henzell Platinum blade is made of 7-ply with a layer of aramid carbon. The green and gold colouring gives a Aussie touch to the blade. William has been using this blade himself in training and competitions over the past 6 months. Will explains that he wanted something fast enough to take advantage of his good touch and ability to use the opponents speed but soft enough for him to generate the required power he needs.

The red/black carbon layer is hard and fast. The outer layer is limba which is soft to medium wood and gives me good dwell time and feel on the ball. I feel the power on my forehand topspin has improved since making the change. Click here to view the blade.

William Henzell Silver blade

The William Henzell Silver Blade consists of 5-ply and is thinner and a slower blade to the Platinum above. The layers include Ayous, Koto and Fineline. The blade is best suited for players who are trying to improve their control and consistency and feel. The carbon blade above is a lot faster and harder to control and play with. This blade is all round which will allow you to master and perform every shot in the game. Click here to view the blade.

William replys

Any questions you have on these fantastic blades William Henzell will happily reply to you in the posts below!

Oh my, new blades and you don't have some give-away testblades for us to win ? Shame on you :P

says TableTennisDaily 2,0 is live!

Administrator 6,426 4,040
    says TableTennisDaily 2,0 is live!

Administrator 4,040 6,426

User Info Menu

Oct 2010
    England
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by T!Christian
    Oh my, new blades and you don't have some give-away testblades for us to win ? Shame on you :P
    Haha tell this to @ttEDGE - William
    Out Now: TableTennisDaily.com 2.0

This user has no status.

T
    This user has no status.

Yeah i should do that

Quote Originally Posted by ttEDGE - William
    It is not affiliated with an existing brand (which would only add to the price as a royalty charge would go on top of the price). It is made by the same place that manufactures blades for probably half of the top brands in TT.
    Dear William!

Sorry i have to critize you.
    But under this circumstances i can not stay quiet.
    You have new blades and dont have give-away testblades and some draws to choose lucky winners ?
    Shame on you, dear William! :P

(i hope it isnt to harsh, of course it's ment as a joke )

This user has no status.

Super Moderator 1,538 1,810
    This user has no status.

Super Moderator 1,810 1,538
    Is it made by Woodhouse? Could you state the price of both blades?
    Spare setup: Blade: Custom DHS W968 93.5g, FH: Hurricane 3 National BS (Black), BH: Tenergy 64 (Red)

This user has no status.

TTD Member 59 91
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 91 59

User Info Menu

May 2011
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Giangt
    Is it made by Woodhouse? Could you state the price of both blades?
    It's made by the company who makes blades for Andro, Adidas and others - Sunflex. Based in Hong kong.

The Platinum blade is $90 and the Silver blade is $55. Available from AussieTableTennis.com currently (my sponsor) and will be available on my website ttEDGE.com when I can finally get the shop organised.

Wonderful idea t!christian

This user has no status.

T
    This user has no status.

It's made by the company who makes blades for Andro, Adidas and others - Sunflex. Based in Hong kong.

The Platinum blade is $90 and the Silver blade is $55. Available from AussieTableTennis.com currently (my sponsor) and will be available on my website ttEDGE.com when I can finally get the shop organised.

Wonderful idea t!christian
    i would be glad to test one of your blades for you and the forum

This user has no status.

TTD Member 9 21
    W
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 21 9

User Info Menu

Feb 2021
    United States
    Read 0 Reviews
    HK doesn't have a tt factory, I am assuming it is made in Zhongshan, Guangdong Province, China, where they make all those foreign brand blades as OEM.

says Ba'al has spoken

Master TTD Member 5,874 3,515
    B
    says Ba'al has spoken

Master TTD Member 3,515 5,874

User Info Menu

Nov 2010
    Read 8 Reviews
    Thanks Dan. My understanding is that aramid carbon is very similar to aralyte carbon however I'm not a materials pro and am just going by feel. The Silver is for beginner / intermediates generally. OR players who are all out attackers who need something slower that allows them to generate their own power. It doesn't necessarily work that something has to be a step-up from a pre-made - different blades suit different player types.

@Yosua - no rubbers coming, only blades.

Yes, should be very similar. Both are liquid crystal polymers that absorb high frequency vibrations. I found the Donic Ovtcharov True Carbon (aramid carbon) to be completely indistinguishable from Butterfly ZJK ALC. It would be impossible to tell which was which in a blind test. Similar to Viscaria also, except slightly different handle feel.

The Following User Likes Baal's Post:

thomas.pong

Last edited by Baal; 02-14-2021 at 04:13 PM.

says 快、準、狠、變、轉

Master TTD Member 7,569 5,339
    says 快、準、狠、變、轉

Master TTD Member 5,339 7,569

User Info Menu

Jan 2018
    PNG
    Read 0 Reviews
    Sunflex is a Hong Kong-based brand. Its corporate headquarters is in Hong Kong, while production is in Zhongshan. It's the biggest table tennis OEM in the world. Even ESN is small fry by comparison. Sunflex Hong Kong has a partnership with Sunflex Europe.

The Following User Likes zeio's Post:

thomas.pong

Race for Tokyo 2020+1 - Women's Top 11, Japan
    Time capsules - 2020, 2024, 2028

says Ba'al has spoken

Master TTD Member 5,874 3,515
    B
    says Ba'al has spoken

Master TTD Member 3,515 5,874

User Info Menu

Nov 2010
    Read 8 Reviews
    Just noticed that this thread is 9 years old. Sorry I contributed to the necromancy.

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 2,640 5,560
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 5,560 2,640
    Sunflex has indeed produced blades for major brands including butterfly but now there are brands that have their high end blades made in Korea
    ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor at your service!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12