William Henzell NEW Blades

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
It is not affiliated with an existing brand (which would only add to the price as a royalty charge would go on top of the price). It is made by the same place that manufactures blades for probably half of the top brands in TT.

says Hello FbERN! I think it is a good choice :)
Dec 2012
TableTennisDaily member and World number 130 William Henzell has just released his two latest table tennis blades that he has been working on for over a year now.

In Williams own words from aussietabletennis.com

I have some great news - today marks the release of my new range of rackets that have been in the making for over a year now. I'm adding two new blades which I have developed personally. The process of selecting new blades is long and cumbersome - you ask the factory for specific dimensions, certain types of wood / carbon, the right weight and the right feel. There were 8 initial candidates for my top of the range blade and I whittled this down to 2. I asked for some changes to be made and eventually found exactly what I had been looking for. I'm a perfectionist on the table and will not stop until I am completely happy.

Williams TWO blades

William Henzell Platinum blade

The William Henzell Platinum blade is made of 7-ply with a layer of aramid carbon. The green and gold colouring gives a Aussie touch to the blade. William has been using this blade himself in training and competitions over the past 6 months. Will explains that he wanted something fast enough to take advantage of his good touch and ability to use the opponents speed but soft enough for him to generate the required power he needs.

williamplatinumblade7.jpg

The red/black carbon layer is hard and fast. The outer layer is limba which is soft to medium wood and gives me good dwell time and feel on the ball. I feel the power on my forehand topspin has improved since making the change. Click here to view the blade.

William Henzell Silver blade

The William Henzell Silver Blade consists of 5-ply and is thinner and a slower blade to the Platinum above. The layers include Ayous, Koto and Fineline. The blade is best suited for players who are trying to improve their control and consistency and feel. The carbon blade above is a lot faster and harder to control and play with. This blade is all round which will allow you to master and perform every shot in the game. Click here to view the blade.

william5ply.jpg

William replys

Any questions you have on these fantastic blades William Henzell will happily reply to you in the posts below! :)

Oh my, new blades and you don't have some give-away testblades for us to win ? Shame on you :p

Dec 2012
Yeah i should do that :D

It is not affiliated with an existing brand (which would only add to the price as a royalty charge would go on top of the price). It is made by the same place that manufactures blades for probably half of the top brands in TT.

Dear William!

Sorry i have to critize you.
But under this circumstances i can not stay quiet.
You have new blades and dont have give-away testblades and some draws to choose lucky winners ?
Shame on you, dear William! :p

(i hope it isnt to harsh, of course it's ment as a joke :) )

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews

Is it made by Woodhouse? Could you state the price of both blades?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Is it made by Woodhouse? Could you state the price of both blades?

It's made by the company who makes blades for Andro, Adidas and others - Sunflex. Based in Hong kong.

The Platinum blade is $90 and the Silver blade is $55. Available from AussieTableTennis.com currently (my sponsor) and will be available on my website ttEDGE.com when I can finally get the shop organised.

Wonderful idea t!christian :)

Dec 2012
It's made by the company who makes blades for Andro, Adidas and others - Sunflex. Based in Hong kong.

The Platinum blade is $90 and the Silver blade is $55. Available from AussieTableTennis.com currently (my sponsor) and will be available on my website ttEDGE.com when I can finally get the shop organised.

Wonderful idea t!christian :)

i would be glad to test one of your blades for you and the forum :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2021
HK doesn't have a tt factory, I am assuming it is made in Zhongshan, Guangdong Province, China, where they make all those foreign brand blades as OEM.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Thanks Dan. My understanding is that aramid carbon is very similar to aralyte carbon however I'm not a materials pro and am just going by feel. The Silver is for beginner / intermediates generally. OR players who are all out attackers who need something slower that allows them to generate their own power. It doesn't necessarily work that something has to be a step-up from a pre-made - different blades suit different player types.

@Yosua - no rubbers coming, only blades.

Yes, should be very similar. Both are liquid crystal polymers that absorb high frequency vibrations. I found the Donic Ovtcharov True Carbon (aramid carbon) to be completely indistinguishable from Butterfly ZJK ALC. It would be impossible to tell which was which in a blind test. Similar to Viscaria also, except slightly different handle feel.

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Sunflex is a Hong Kong-based brand. Its corporate headquarters is in Hong Kong, while production is in Zhongshan. It's the biggest table tennis OEM in the world. Even ESN is small fry by comparison. Sunflex Hong Kong has a partnership with Sunflex Europe.

Reactions: thomas.pong
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Just noticed that this thread is 9 years old. Sorry I contributed to the necromancy.