William Henzell NEW Blades

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
TableTennisDaily member and World number 130 William Henzell has just released his two latest table tennis blades that he has been working on for over a year now.

In Williams own words from aussietabletennis.com

I have some great news - today marks the release of my new range of rackets that have been in the making for over a year now. I'm adding two new blades which I have developed personally. The process of selecting new blades is long and cumbersome - you ask the factory for specific dimensions, certain types of wood / carbon, the right weight and the right feel. There were 8 initial candidates for my top of the range blade and I whittled this down to 2. I asked for some changes to be made and eventually found exactly what I had been looking for. I'm a perfectionist on the table and will not stop until I am completely happy.

Williams TWO blades

William Henzell Platinum blade

The William Henzell Platinum blade is made of 7-ply with a layer of aramid carbon. The green and gold colouring gives a Aussie touch to the blade. William has been using this blade himself in training and competitions over the past 6 months. Will explains that he wanted something fast enough to take advantage of his good touch and ability to use the opponents speed but soft enough for him to generate the required power he needs.

williamplatinumblade7.jpg

The red/black carbon layer is hard and fast. The outer layer is limba which is soft to medium wood and gives me good dwell time and feel on the ball. I feel the power on my forehand topspin has improved since making the change. Click here to view the blade.

William Henzell Silver blade

The William Henzell Silver Blade consists of 5-ply and is thinner and a slower blade to the Platinum above. The layers include Ayous, Koto and Fineline. The blade is best suited for players who are trying to improve their control and consistency and feel. The carbon blade above is a lot faster and harder to control and play with. This blade is all round which will allow you to master and perform every shot in the game. Click here to view the blade.

william5ply.jpg

William replys

Any questions you have on these fantastic blades William Henzell will happily reply to you in the posts below! :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
what is the characteristic of the aramid carbon compare to, let say, Arylate Carbon. Since its been used in quite many other blades in the market. And, is the William Henzell Silver blade more for beginners? ie a step up from premade bats? or is it another step up from that.

Support from Adelaide, Australia! :eek:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Thanks Dan. My understanding is that aramid carbon is very similar to aralyte carbon however I'm not a materials pro and am just going by feel. The Silver is for beginner / intermediates generally. OR players who are all out attackers who need something slower that allows them to generate their own power. It doesn't necessarily work that something has to be a step-up from a pre-made - different blades suit different player types.

@Yosua - no rubbers coming, only blades.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
I love the Platinum version as it is also light and thin, it should have a very good feel and power due to composite layers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
I can see you becoming an entrepreneur after you playing days Will:)...Nice looking blade I might say. I wonder if you have them in flare grip if they're on sale. Where can us mortals get them buddy??:)

One thing came to my mind. It would very nice if there will be discount for national orders within Australia. Considering most online store within Australia overprice almost all of their products..... which is disgraceful...ridiculous

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
One thing came to my mind. It would very nice if there will be discount for national orders within Australia. Considering most online store within Australia overprice almost all of their products..... which is disgraceful...ridiculous

Hahaha but I guess you still have to pay extra if you live in the out-back. On a serious note, I think they will be affordable and reasonably priced. The price goes up exponentially as Will goes up the world ranking. So my advice is, buy them now!!:)

Reactions: yurybarquero
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Hi guys, I'll try to answer everything here.

@Anders - I use Tenergy 05 on them but I am sure you can use pretty much whatever rubber you like.

@fongcheng - The feel was very important to me when developing the Platinum especially. Carbon blades can often be fast and too stiff so the softer wood gives it a little more vibration and feel.

@azlan - The Platinum is in both flared and straight. The Silver is just flared. Currently just at Aussie Table Tennis but we'll have them for sale on ttEDGE.com soon when we get our shop up and running there. If there is good interest from overseas we may look at retailers overseas to sell them. I don't think the price will rise even if I bring home a medal azlan :) The blade didn't suddenly get better!

@vitusosiu - I didn't set the pricing but in my mind $90 for a quality carbon blade is good value. I agree about vastly different pricing in different countries and I don't think this will be on sale for $40 in the US and $90 in Aus.

@DaFaiGai - Good question. I've uploaded a more close-up shot of the flared handle.

TT - William's bats 047a resized.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
Faster blade compensates lost leg power?

hum....should the other way around...
faster blade usually result in shorter dwell time, therefore u need better foot wook to put urself into better position for a more complete stroke :)
but oh well, we just play for for fun, and this is off topic, let leave it :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
My understanding is that the players who use less footwork and are more likely to use backhand in the backhand side and forehand in the forehand side generally use faster blades and that forehand workers who have good footwork but are often late to the ball given their playing style uses slower blades.

Happy to have a more general discussion here virtuososiu :)