Greetings from a SANWEI Official

This user has no status.

I bought them about 4 years ago. Many shops in China sold them and still do.
A fake ???? 🤣 You must be joking 😁😁😁 Nobody bothers to make fakes of cheaper blades.

To tell the truth I'm not sure, because we have an official distributor in your country, but we never ever provided this type to him. ( It is technically possible that if a blade is produced and has not been used for more than ten years, it will absorb moisture and curl inwards.)

And you tell me there are still some shops selling now! it is crazy😱. We don't want to see a blade that has been in production for more than ten years now being offered by someone. It's not good for us or for consumers.

We must find out and tell these to our local distributor😵.

Thank you for your information my friend, and I sincerely recommend you buy the international types that we are currently in circulation, you can check them on our official website. There are also some great training-level blades of them like sanwei C&C.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShakeHold PenHand

To tell the truth I'm not sure, because we have an official distributor in your country, but we never ever provided this type to him. ( It is technically possible that if a blade is produced and has not been used for more than ten years, it will absorb moisture and curl inwards.)

And you tell me there are still some shops selling now! it is crazy😱. We don't want to see a blade that has been in production for more than ten years now being offered by someone. It's not good for us or for consumers.

Thank you for your information my friend, and I sincerely recommend you buy the international types that we are currently in circulation, you can check them on our official website. There are also some great training-level blades of them like sanwei C&C.

sanwei C&C, what are the specifications of the wood?
sometimes i need to backup sanwei paramid.

This user has no status.

sometimes i need to backup sanwei paramid.

Hello friend,

The structure of it is Limba surface- Basswood- LD carbon fiber- Kiri core.
You can see the LD carbon fiber, it is really a high cost-effect for a training-level blade.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

Thanks but I "" moved on "" 😂

This user has no status.

What's the difference between LD carbon fiber and ZLC?

ALC and ZLC are not only carbon fiber, they are high-strength fibers and carbon fibers woven together.

LD carbon fiber is just made of carbon, but the special is it is lighter than common carbon fiber, we kept the original carbon fiber's strength while reducing its weight as much as possible.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Hello Andrea, it's really nice to see manufacturers actually taking the time and effort to communicate with their customers. I wish more would do this.
I have a few questions about the Froster baldes.

Are the Froster blades made in China in house or is it an outsourced production?
They have normal ALC and PBO fibers or the more dense woven "super" fibers?
The fibers are in the 90 degree or 45 degree placement?

Apart from marketing slurs what is this cold pressed process actually and what benefit does it give the blade compared to the traditional process? Have you identified any detriments?

Reactions: Andrea Jiang
Andrea Jiang;385323

ALC dan ZLC bukan hanya serat karbon, tetapi juga serat berkekuatan tinggi dan serat karbon yang dijalin menjadi satu.

Serat karbon LD hanya terbuat dari karbon, tetapi yang istimewa adalah lebih ringan dari serat karbon biasa, kami menjaga kekuatan serat karbon asli sambil mengurangi bobotnya sebanyak mungkin.

ok, I'm looking for a Sanwei blade with a very affordable price but with performance that is not inferior to well-known brands.

This user has no status.
Hello Andrea, it's really nice to see manufacturers actually taking the time and effort to communicate with their customers. I wish more would do this.
I have a few questions about the Froster baldes.

Are the Froster blades made in China in house or is it an outsourced production?
They have normal ALC and PBO fibers or the more dense woven "super" fibers?
The fibers are in the 90 degree or 45 degree placement?

Apart from marketing slurs what is this cold pressed process actually and what benefit does it give the blade compared to the traditional process? Have you identified any detriments?
Dear Zwill

Very excellent and professional question! Thank you for giving us a choice to ask these. And as a professional TT brand, it's an honor for us to do this for the players.

1. Are the Froster blades made in China in house or is it an outsourced production?
We have a SANWEI own factory in China.

2. They have normal ALC and PBO fibers or the more dense woven "super" fibers?
The EX-C Froster's fiber is ALC. And the EX-C Froster PBO's fiber is PBO.

3. The fibers are in the 90 degree or 45 degree placement?
They are in 90°.

4. Apart from marketing slurs what is this cold-pressed process actually and what benefit does it give the blade compared to the traditional process? Have you identified any detriments?(Sorry I don't know what it means.)
Traditional process? I think you must want to express hot-pressed.
For the final result, they are the same. But in terms of technology, the glue required for the two is different.
We specially designed cold-pressed glue for the EX-C Froster series, and make the adhesion of wood and carbon fiber perfect effect😍! In fact, because the cold- pressed glue formula and process details are commercial secrets , we could only use cold pressed as a marketing.

That's all hope it will help you!!!

Last edited:
This user has no status.

ok, I'm looking for a Sanwei blade with a very affordable price but with performance that is not inferior to well-known brands.

If you could describe more in detail about demand like your play style/ pure- wood or carbon......., I can think about it for you.
​​​​

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Dear Zwill

Very excellent and professional question! Thank you for giving us a choice to ask these. And as a professional TT brand, it's an honor for us to do this for the players.

1. Are the Froster blades made in China in house or is it an outsourced production?
We have a SANWEI own factory in China.

3. The fibers are in the 90 degree or 45 degree placement?
They are in 90°.

4. Apart from marketing slurs what is this cold-pressed process actually and what benefit does it give the blade compared to the traditional process? Have you identified any detriments?(Sorry I don't know what it means.)
For the final result, they are the same. But in terms of technology, the glue required for the two is different.
We specially designed cold-pressed glue for the EX-C Froster series, and make the adhesion of wood and carbon fiber perfect effect😍! In fact, because the cold- pressed glue formula and process details are commercial secrets , we could only use cold pressed as a marketing.

That's all hope it will help you!!!

Thank you!

Just a few follow up questions:

I didn't want to reference other brands, but not sure how else to express, are the used fibers in the Froster blades are like BTY Viscaria or BTY Super Viscaria, or Zhang Jike ZLC versus Zhang Jike Super ZLC? This is what I meant by the "super" fibers.

You mentioned the cold press and new glue makes a perfect effect, in what way does this feel different than a regular, hot pressed blade?
The blade has more natural feel, more carbon feel? Slower, faster? Stiffer, harder or flexible and softer?
I suppose glue is kind of like a "necessary bad" in making a blade so the less glue is used the better the blade, of course the bonding of the plies have to be perfect.

This user has no status.

Thank you!

Just a few follow up questions:

I didn't want to reference other brands, but not sure how else to express, are the used fibers in the Froster blades are like BTY Viscaria or BTY Super Viscaria, or Zhang Jike ZLC versus Zhang Jike Super ZLC? This is what I meant by the "super" fibers.

You mentioned the cold press and new glue makes a perfect effect, in what way does this feel different than a regular, hot pressed blade?
The blade has more natural feel, more carbon feel? Slower, faster? Stiffer, harder or flexible and softer?
I suppose glue is kind of like a "necessary bad" in making a blade so the less glue is used the better the blade, of course the bonding of the plies have to be perfect.
Dear Zwill

Please find the answer following:
1. I didn't want to reference other brands, but not sure how else to express, are the used fibers in the Froster blades are like BTY Viscaria or BTY Super Viscaria, or Zhang Jike ZLC versus Zhang Jike Super ZLC? This is what I meant by the "super" fibers.

Different brands have different fiber materials, which may be similar but actually not 100% the same. So I can hard to ask you the question. The feeling of Carbon fiber varies from person to person, you could check the video on Youtube, many reviewers make Fiber Comparison Video, but I want to say you'd better feel by yourself because the feeling is subjective.

2. You mentioned the cold press and new glue makes a perfect effect, in what way does this feel different than a regular, hot pressed blade?

As you can see, we developed the cold-pressing glue and developed a whole cold-pressingssing process for this Froster blade. So the glue and the cold-pressing process, themselves are no different, but since they're completely made for Froster, they're 100% a fit, and everything fits together perfectly.
So it's no different than hot pressing itself. If we developed an equally good hot-pressing glue and hot-pressing process specifically for a specific blade, it would be just as good.
As for why cold pressing is chosen, it is because of Froster's fiber and wood layer, cold pressing is better.

3. The blade has more natural feel, more carbon feel? Slower, faster? Stiffer, harder or flexible and softer?

Again I feel like this varies from person to person and the feeling is subjective so I suggest you try it yourself. Or you could see the most professional (professional is important) reviewers' video on the website. We have already sent our Froster PBO to some professional reviewers, I think you can see the videos soon.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Hallo Andrea,

thanks for providing official support for Sanwei products via this forum! Really appreciate this! 😍

I have 3 questions:

1. On your website for some blades you provide detailed specification of attributes, but not for all blades (like e.g. the HC Speed Light, which I also own). I would like to see detailed specification also there (there are also some others which miss this information) in order to compare attributes between blades. Is it possible to add these to the website?

2. Further the blade specification is writing about "First Speed" and "Second Speed". What are these attributes referring to and how can I interpret the given values?

3. I own a pair of Sanwei Gear Hyper rubbers and like them a lot (in sense of power and control). But after using them for some time I feel that max sponge thickness (2.3 mm?) is little to much for my style 😉. Do you produce/plan to produce (or even sell) other sponge thicknesses (2.0 mm, 1.8 mm etc.)? Where can I get them via Europe distributors?

Thanks for answering in advance!

Cheers, Rondomat

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Hallo Andrea,

thanks for providing official support for Sanwei products via this forum! Really appreciate this! 😍

I have 3 questions:

1. On your website for some blades you provide detailed specification of attributes, but not for all blades (like e.g. the HC Speed Light, which I also own). I would like to see detailed specification also there (there are also some others which miss this information) in order to compare attributes between blades. Is it possible to add these to the website?

2. Further the blade specification is writing about "First Speed" and "Second Speed". What are these attributes referring to and how can I interpret the given values?

3. I own a pair of Sanwei Gear Hyper rubbers and like them a lot (in sense of power and control). But after using them for some time I feel that max sponge thickness (2.3 mm?) is little to much for my style 😉. Do you produce/plan to produce (or even sell) other sponge thicknesses (2.0 mm, 1.8 mm etc.)? Where can I get them via Europe distributors?

Cheers, Rondomat

Hallo Rondomat,

We get this question and will handle it soon, if you want to know something now, pls ask, I can answer all😁.

To your this question, we have already posted an article on our website before.
Kindly pls check: https://sanweisport.com/english/technology/first-speed-and-second-speed/

3. I own a pair of Sanwei Gear Hyper rubbers and like them a lot (in sense of power and control). But after using them for some time I feel that max sponge thickness (2.3 mm?) is little to much for my style 😉. Do you produce/plan to produce (or even sell) other sponge thicknesses (2.0 mm, 1.8 mm etc.)?

I could just only tell you we could consider it in the future because COVID-19 is very crazy in China. Our own factory is influenced by it, so we must try our best to keep our regular products that can be produced on time.😔 But your demand is really known by us now, and we will consider it in the future, thank you.

4. Where can I get them via Europe distributor?

For the normal Gear Hyper, Spinfactory is our official distributor in your country, they are professional and have abundant types of our products.🙌

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022

We get this question and will handle it soon, if you want to know something now, pls ask, I can answer all😁.

Thanks for answering, Andrea!

I would like to know the specs for the HC Speed Light (a blade which I own for some time ).

Further what is the reaction attribute is telling me? How that corresponds with impact attribute? Is that the dwell time of the blade? How can I interpret the values of this attribute? The higher the value the less dwell time?

Thanks!
Rondomat

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Thanks for answering, Andrea!

I would like to know the specs for the HC Speed Light (a blade which I own for some time ).

Further what is the reaction attribute is telling me? How that corresponds with impact attribute? Is that the dwell time of the blade? How can I interpret the values of this attribute? The higher the value the less dwell time?

Thanks!
Rondomat

1. In fact, “Impact” is a form of deformation of the table tennis board after being stressed. A certain "impact" feeling is actually helpful to feel the power transmission. There is absolutely no saying that "impact" is not good.

Of course, the degree of "impact" needs to be within a certain range. If you are a power-type player, it is recommended that you choose a relatively high "impact"extent, such as most carbon blades, which will help you transmit power.

And if you are a control-style player, I recommend that you choose a relatively low extent, as too much power delivery may diminish your perception of spin and speed.

2. 'reaction' is the form of expression of the degree of elasticity of the blade. It can be obtained from the height of the bounce of a ping-pong ball hitting the blade with the same force. The higher the value, the more elastic the blade.

3. This is what I just got from the designer, but it needs to be explained that this is not completely objective data, everyone will have a slightly different feeling, please feel it yourself.

IMG%200262%20png.png

This user has no status.
Hallo Andrea,

I have 3 questions:

Cheers, Rondomat

What hardness level are you using for your Gear Hyper rubbers?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Hi Andrea,

Actually I have a sheet of Sanwei Target National and on the back of the package, it says "2nd generation Target National". What is the difference between the 2nd generation and 1st generation?

Is the "new" target national considered the 3rd generation?